Military Families

Moving to Schofield Barracks.

Anyone else stationed, or have a husband whose stationed there? Any advice?
imageimageimage
  imageimage
image   image

August Siggy Challenge Photobomb

Re: Moving to Schofield Barracks.

• DH and I were stationed at Schofield Barracks from 2008-2012 so I may be of some help to you. Do you have a specific question?

We lived off post and enjoyed the west side of the island. Yes traffic to base can be a nightmare but because we worked odd hours we were on the road when most of commuters were still asleep so it wasn't an issue. On base housing is hit or miss on quality since there are new homes and older homes.

Living on island will either make you love or hate Hawaii. Some people get "island fever" and don't like living there, but most of the ones I've talked to who feel that way didn't take advantage of what the islands have to offer. We would island hop bc the flights were cheap and staying in military affiliated hotels made it even more affordable.

If you have any questions, just let me know and I will try to help :-)

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Hubby is at Schofield now, tho we chose not to live on base.  Schofield is just too far out and away from everything.  For us, if we we're going to be living here, we wanted to be close to the beach (walking distance close).

What kind of questions did you have specifically?

BabyGaga

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"