2nd Trimester
Options

Fell down stairs on my tailbone at 16 weeks

I fell down half a flight of carpeted stairs last night. I woke up this morning and it hurts to stand, sit, bend, etc. My belly feels fine, no cramping or anything, so I am wondering if I should go get checked out... I know there is nothing you can do for a bruised tailbone so I am hesitant to go get an X-ray, but do want to make sure the baby is ok. It's too early for me to feel the baby move so I really feel in the dark here. What are your thoughts?

Re: Fell down stairs on my tailbone at 16 weeks

• Options
    Just spoke with the doc on call and he said everything should be fine since I'm still early.. Phew!!
  • Options
    That's a relief!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    On the other hand, playing it safe & going to get checked out gets you a bonus ultrasound of your baby!
  • Options
    On the other hand, playing it safe & going to get checked out gets you a bonus ultrasound of your baby!
     Baby is very well protected at this point.  Hence the reason the doctor said everything is fine.  
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I fell out of the car the other day (don't ask, I'm still not sure how I made that happen) and landed straight on my hip bone. I went to the doctor the day after a little nervous that something could have happened but she said what PPs said, the baby is so protected still and as long as I didn't bleed everything was fine. We heard the heartbeat that day and it was still strong at 153. Hope you heal up quickly!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Glad everything is ok. I actually broke my tailbone during labor with DS. He's 3.5 years old and it still bothers me!! I'm scared its going to happen again with this labor. Get a donut if it really bothers you. Be careful!!
  • Options
    I slipped on ice last week at 17 weeks and landed on my butt/right hip. I was so mad at myself. I called the doctor and they said only if there is bleeding or cramping to worry. They said to take tylenol the next day, I took one that morning because I hurt from the neck to my thigh. I havent had any problems since. Scary huh? Just breathe and take it easy.
  • Options
    I am really clumsy and actually have fallen down the stairs quite a few times before getting pregnant...I tend to overstep carpeted stairs with socks and then my foot slips. I'm so worried about this happening while pregnant, I try to not wear socks around the house and remember to hold onto the handrail. But then my feet get cold. :) Great to hear all you ladies and your sweet babies are ok!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Envy1328Envy1328 member
    edited April 2014
    Rlyttle I am so scared of rebreaking it during delivery.. I am still in so much pain and can't imagine hoping through this with a newborn :( scary stuff! I've also noticed swelling in my ankles at 18 weeks whenever I try to go for a walk, I'm a little nervous as I think it's too early to be experiencing swollen ankles and hope it's not related to my tailbone injury.
  • Options
    I just recently fell on my butt when a chair rolled out from under me. I was in pain and it hurt to sit and I also got cramping. It wAs a Friday night so I had to wait until Monday (on call dr said don't go to ER) and everuthing wAs fine. My dr told me that I would have to have been in a major accident for anything to have happened along with bleeding. Hope you feel better : )
  • Options
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"