Parenting after 35

Intro and DH Blood Pressure Medication?

Hi Ladies, 
I'm a few months short of 35 (DH is 40) and wanted to say hello as I wanted to start frequenting this group. Our family lives in the Chicago suburbs and I am a SAHM to Jack who is 2.5 and Joey who is 16mo. old. We are currently TTC our third child but haven't had any luck yet. 

I was wondering if any one else had conceived a child with a SO on an ACE inhibitor? My OB seems to think it shouldn't change anything, but we are coming up on one year off of BC and it is the only thing that is different this go around. TIA!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!

Re: Intro and DH Blood Pressure Medication?

• My husband is on a bunch of meds for a heart condition, bp meds, a cholesterol reducer and an arrhythmia med, not sure if any of it is an ACE inhibitor?  He has had the condition long before he knew me so I am not up to date on what meds do what I just know what he takes on a daily basis. But since we have been married I have gotten pregnant 3 times.  The first time ended in a miscarriage but luckily I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter and a 4 month old son so it can be done on heart related meds.  TTC my son was not as easy as when we had my daughter.  I had to completely stop breastfeeding and then it was still a good 6 months after that I finally got pregnant after thinking I may need to go see my RE. 

Welcome to the board and good luck TTC. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No advice, but good luck and welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies! I'm glad to here that Geeps! His actual medication is Lisinopril and it's just so frustrating to feel like something is off, but not be able to pinpoint what it is. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • I just looked it up and my Husband is on ramipril that is in the same class as the meds your husband is on. Good Luck! I know how frustrating it is TTC. Just curious how long have you been trying for #3?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My DH has been on Lisinopril for years. We weren't trying to have a baby but I am due in July! I was apparently infertile until my D&C and Hysteroscopy for fibroids so the blood pressure med was certainly not causing him any issues. 
    Master of 'the look' 
  • I've been off of birth control for 10 months. It's mostly frustrating because I feel like something is different this time and that is the only thing I can pinpoint. We were incredibly blessed the first two times and it only took a few months. I'm going to chat with my OB at the end of May when we return from a trip if nothing changes.

Thank you everyone for the positive stories! I think the stupid Facebook groups I'm on (off shoots of birth month boards) are really messing with me. All of the 22yo that keep "accidentally" getting pregnant are messing with my brain. 
  • No advice but good luck!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"