D.C. Area Babies
Options

INOVA Alexandria childbirth class...worth it?

DH and I are trying to decide if we should take the Childbirth Preparation class (in addition to or in place of other classes). Has anyone taken this class and if so, was it worth it? TIA! :-)
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: INOVA Alexandria childbirth class...worth it?

• Options

I took the one at Inova Fair Oaks.  I delivered at Inova fairfax, I was told the class was the same at the various hospitals, the only difference was the hospital tour.

I ended up having a c-section.  I found it helpful.  They did an overview of a lot of topics from labor to bfing.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I took this class in addition to my prenatal yoga class and found it generally not helpful except for the tour (which more just eased my mind since I like to know what is going on).  I think that the class was very helpful for my husband, however, who did not have the benefit of learning in the yoga class.  None of it was really rocket science, but it was nice to have info presented in a fairly concise manner that he had to pay attention to :)  HTH!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree w/pp, the tour and explanation of hospital policies was The Most Important thing from the CB class.  The rest of my class was kind of an overview, and we could have skipped the movie at the end. 

I'm glad we took it though.

• Options
    We took the Express one day class and both thought it was totally worth it.  We also took a child care class and a breastfeeding class.  Glad we took all of them.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, this is helpful info.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"