November 2014 Moms
Options

2 babies 1 year apart

Just found out we are preggo with baby number 2, due in November. But I just had my first in November 2013! I'm freaking out about how I will be able to handle this!! Anyone else experienced this??

Re: 2 babies 1 year apart

• Options
    Don't use the word preggo on the boards unless you want to be burned at the stake.

But no, I am not in this situation.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My two wont be 12 months apart but they will be 16 months apart. I'm freaking out a little too. My plan is to get one of those stretchy newborn wraps and wear the new baby everywhere. You can even breastfeed in them. I'm also planning on getting DD her 'own' baby with its own change pad, wrap, stroller, high chair, etc. to make her feel like she's a part of it. Good luck! And congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat! I have a 9 month old and we just found out #2 is coming in November. We weren't even trying or even considering another one for at least a couple more years. I'm still in shock I think.
  • Options
    My DD and this LO will be about 13 months apart, give or take a couple weeks. So I'm right there with you. I'm a little nervous about the logistics of it all as well, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Like @Maelara I plan on wearing the new baby most of the time. I'm just worried about DD feeling abandoned, especially since she will still be so dependent at that age. I'm sure we'll adapt quickly though. I believe that the arrival of a new baby is an adjustment for every family despite their unique circumstances. Good luck to you!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    As a mom with two, soon to be three, kids all close together I can assure you that while some moments you want to sit alone in the car and cry you will figure it out quickly. Having little ones close together becomes your new normal.
  • Options

Don't use the word preggo on the boards unless you want to be burned at the stake. But no, I am not in this situation.

Why the heck not? It's a pretty common term.

I had 2u2, but not Irish Twins (2 babies in 12 months or less). My sister and I were 14 months apart and I wasn't walking yet when she was born. There will be hard days, but seeing them grow up so close is definitely worth it.

Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    My sister and I are 11 months and 2 weeks apart! My mom had 4 under 4 and she loved it! It was fun:)
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options
    justjinnyjustjinny member
    edited April 2014
    My LO was born in October last year, so he will be just a year old when the next one comes.  I am REALLY hoping that he learns to walk sooner rather than later.  He's a really big kid and is getting so heavy (he's in 18mo. size clothes and is already 25lbs) I am nervous about lifting him up and having to carry him all over this summer!

I am sure it will be an interesting year or two in our house once the next one comes!
    TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP 11/14 DD is here!
  • Options
    My kids are 18 months apart and honestly it was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Being pregnant and taking care of a baby was harder than taking care of a baby and toddler. There are things that are logistically difficult- different nap schedules, fitting 2 kids in a shopping cart and having room for food, BFing while occupying a toddler. The key is being organized and prepared. Get a double stroller and a baby carrier. Come check out the 2u2 board with any questions you have.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    jf198400 said:

My kids are 18 months apart and honestly it was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Being pregnant and taking care of a baby was harder than taking care of a baby and toddler. There are things that are logistically difficult- different nap schedules, fitting 2 kids in a shopping cart and having room for food, BFing while occupying a toddler. The key is being organized and prepared. Get a double stroller and a baby carrier. Come check out the 2u2 board with any questions you have.

I was the same way, although I probably would have found it much more difficult had the first not been walking yet. Those with Irish twins - definitely definitely get a good baby carrier or two! Luckily both of mine walked in their ninth month, so by the time I had the 2nd, #1 was a great walker.
  • Options
    sparklingwhitsparklingwhit member
    edited April 2014
    I would love to have kids that close together (originally I had Irish twins, I'm Irish, but I understand this term can be offensive...not sure why...but I edited)!!! 

AND...I love the word preggo and I use it regularly.  If people don't like it they can suck it.  I don't like a lot of words, "snark" for instance is such a weird word.  I live in a society where we can use the non-offensive words that we want to.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would love to have kids that close together (originally I had Irish twins, I'm Irish, but I understand this term can be offensive...not sure why...but I edited)!!! 

AND...I love the word preggo and I use it regularly.  If people don't like it they can suck it.  I don't like a lot of words, "snark" for instance is such a weird word.  I live in a society where we can use the non-offensive words that we want to.
    Oops... I didn't realize "Irish twins" was offensive. Just never thought about it I guess.  I'm part Irish, so is that okay? lol. sorry, no offense meant everyone! :)
  • Options

Oops... I didn't realize "Irish twins" was offensive. Just never thought about it I guess.  I'm part Irish, so is that okay? lol. sorry, no offense meant everyone! :)
    I didn't realize it either.  Then one of my co-workers said something when I just told her what I was writing.  My Irish fam always uses the term so I just didn't think anything of it.  Meh...maybe it's not really offensive and my co-worker is just trying to get me to feel guilty.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My two are 364 days apart!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I use the term Irish Twins, I didn't realize it was offensive either, I am not offended by it when others find out that I have 2 less than a year apart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Not me but I do have 2 friends in this boat. One unplanned - the kids are 12.5 months apart. The other had at one point 4 under 4 PLANNED. I'm sure it will be tough but you will manage. Life is life and people figure stuff. Oh and can someone explain why PREGGO is a bad word?????
  • Options
    Not me but I do have 2 friends in this boat. One unplanned - the kids are 12.5 months apart. The other had at one point 4 under 4 PLANNED. I'm sure it will be tough but you will manage. Life is life and people figure stuff. Oh and can someone explain why PREGGO is a bad word?????
    It's not. It annoys some people but that's it.
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing about the word preggo. It's a word. Why would you get "burned at the stake" for using it??

• Options
    aragosta said:

lisaren said:

I was wondering the same thing about the word preggo. It's a word. Why would you get "burned at the stake" for using it??

It's not a bad word. It's a spaghetti sauce ;)
    I would give my left nipple (it's my favorite!) for spaghetti and meatballs baked with cheese right now.... Mmmm!!

• Options
    Oh hell. That sounds yummy.

• Options
    That sounds so good. I want speghetti and meatballs so bad right now.
  • Options
    This little one is due just 11 months and 10 days after my youngest. We were surprised to be pregnant but very excited. Like PP I plan to do lots of baby wearing!! :)
    Married 3/16/13
    Me 30 ~~~ DH: 42
    DS: 3/6/04
    DD: 4/14/07
    DS: 12/9/13
    Surprise BFP: 3/20/14  EDD: 11/19/2014

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    jlafernejlaferne member
    edited April 2014
    I'm in the same boat! I have an almost 9 month old son so they'll be 17 months apart. Thanks ladies for 2u2 board suggestion I'm going to check it out. And one of the girls who posted did get me thinking.. How do u fit two in a shopping cart?! Ahh all these things I haven't thought about.
    photo IMG_4987_zpsffdba3b5.jpg
  • Options
    meeshybeemeeshybee member
    edited April 2014
    jlaferne said:
    I'm in the same boat! I have an almost 9 month old son so they'll be 17 months apart. Thanks ladies for 2u2 board suggestion I'm going to check it out. And one of the girls who posted did get me thinking.. How do u fit two in a shopping cart?! Ahh all these things I haven't thought about.

Lol! For a regular cart I put one in the seat wear the other. Or I put the baby car seat in the basket part, and fill in with food around the carrier. When LO outgrows the carrier, the older one walks.

A lot of stores have those kid carts shaped like race cars or rocket ships. They're much more difficult to maneuver and don't hold as much food, though. And if you use them one time, be prepared to use them EVERY TIME your toddler sees them.

Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"