Preemies
Options

I'm having a baby tomorrow. - **Update** He's Here!

XathXath member
edited April 2014 in Preemies
I went in for my NST today and baby's heart rate was dropping regularly. When they did an US they saw that the placenta had further calcified and that the cord was wrapped around his neck. So they sent me to L&D for "monitoring" but when I got there, the OB said my MFM called ahead and recommended they deliver. They did a new growth scan at the hospital and we can see he hasn't really grown at all in the last 1.5 weeks, so that further confirms that the placenta/cord aren't doing what they need to. Baby was looking ok, so they decided to wait 24 hours so I could do another round of steroids and get some antibiotics to treat a possible sinus infection. So I'm checked into the hospital and set to deliver around mid-day tomorrow, 4 days earlier than I did with my daughter. I'm trying not to freak out. I found out that since my daughter was born, my hospital NICU had merged with Children's Hospital and upgraded to a level 3B NICU. If anything happens out of their scope, they can immediately transfer to the level 4 NICU at Children's. They wheeled me down there tonight so I could take a tour and it's very nice. Unless they're completely booked, every baby gets their own room. They also added a step-down NICU with an additional hall of rooms. And they now have a few mother recovery rooms in the NICU itself. They're mostly for extended stay moms who have delivery complications, but they told me that if there's room I could ask to do my cesarean recovery in the NICU. Then they asked me if I had any questions, and I completely blanked. Anything else I should ask about before tomorrow?

(Update Below)
Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
 DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I'm having a baby tomorrow. - **Update** He's Here!

• Options
    I don't know about questions, but I want to offer some big hugs

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am mobile and can't see your ticker or siggy so I don't know how far along you are. Depending on what GA your baby is born at will define what questions you should ask. IMO.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    XathXath member
    edited April 2014
    I'm 35+2 today.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
  • Options
    Good luck! Wishing all the best for you!
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    Good luck thoughts and prayers for you and baby!
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Options
    I guess I would ask what sort of complications, if any, to expect. I'm not sure what else... I'm sure you'll have plenty after the delivery that they'll be happy to answer.

Good luck! I'm sure everything will go well - especially since it's better for your baby to be out than in at this point. I'll be thinking of you both! Keep us updated!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Best of luck to you!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Options
    Good luck! Thinking of you and your family!
  • Options
    XathXath member
    Sammy joined us yesterday, 4/12 at 12:27 pm, weighing 6lb 7oz and measuring 19.5".  He had to go straight to the NICU because of some breathing problems but is doing well there.  When he was born, we found that he was bigger than anticipated, but they found that the cord was wrapped tightly around his neck twice, which was causing the heart rate dips, and could have further increased the likelihood of a cord accident  He's on a CPAP and has two umbilical IVs, but they've already been able to reduce the O2% and pressure in his isolette, and they tell us he's doing well for his gestational age.  

They don't know if the additional round of betamethasone helped, but they're giving him additional surfactant medication in the NICU to help his lungs mature.  

• Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited April 2014
    Congratulations on the birth of your sweet little rainbow, Sammy! Sounds like he is doing well! Best wishes that he continues to thrive and you get to take him home soon! 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful son!! I hope he is off CPAP ASAP and has a short & uneventful NICU stay. My thoughts are with you!

imageimage
  • Options
    Congratulations! I hope your stay in the NICU is short and sweet!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Options
    Congratulations!!! That's a good GA and weight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Congratulations!!
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations!
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Options
    Congratulations! I hope he continues to do well and you get to take him home soon!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congrats on your baby!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congratulations! He's so beautiful! Wishing you an uneventful stay. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"