Parenting
Options

Daycare teacher as babysitter?

Is it appropriate to ask a daycare teacher if they babysit? My inlaws usually sit for us, and are awesome, but I already lean on them pretty often. I'd like to have an alternate sitter. Is there some taboo about asking daycare teachers if they sit?

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv

Re: Daycare teacher as babysitter?

• Options
    Check your contract a lot of places say no. If we really wanted to we both had to sign something stating we wouldn't hold the center responsible if anything happened.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EMOmammaEMOmamma member
    edited April 2014
    Our teachers are allowed, a handful do so often. We use 1, who happens to not work there anymore. We've also traded nights w/ another family from DC.

ETA - I asked the assistant director before I asked the teacher.

image   image

• Options
    I didn't even think to check the contract. I'll dig that out. Thanks!

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Options
    I used to teach preschool and the parents used to ask me all the time to babysit, our center had no issue with the teachers babysitting.  I feel like it is a great place for parents to find a sitter- good luck!

• Options
    We use my DS's preschool teacher as our sitter. I love that she already knows my boys and us as a family. She has already had a police clearance, has a college degree in Early childhood education and is up to date in CPR. She makes more per hour from us than she does at school. If it's allowed in your contract, I would say go for it.
  • Options
    Our favorite babysitter used to be DS' daycare teacher. I asked when we switched daycares if it was okay and the director pretty much just said to keep it on the DL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"