Texas Babies

New to the S.A. area...need some recommendations

Hi Ladies,

The hubbs and I just moved to the middle of nowhere just outside S.A. from the Northwest, and while we're not TTC just yet, I was hoping to maybe get some recommendations on Ob-Gyn's and hospitals since I'm not sure I trust the hospital in our town and want to be prepared when we do start trying in the spring.  We're trying to get acclimated to life down here in the South and your advice would be much appreciated.  I was really bummed to see that there wasn't any activity on the S.A. board on the Nest.  Thanks!   

Re: New to the S.A. area...need some recommendations

• I use Dr Crockett at Institute for Women's Health. I lover her! She didn't deliver my son because she wasn't on call the day I delivered but I had Dr. Casiano. He was amazing! I never used a male Dr before and I was very comfortable with him. She delivers at both North Central Baptist and Methodist Stone Oak. I chose MSO and was very happy!

TTC#1 12/09
    LO #1 3/12
    TTC#2 9/12
    BFP #2 6/14 ended in CP
    BFP #3 12/14
    DX CCAM @ 20w
    Baby girl EDD 8/22/15

• I use Dr. Heck from the Seven Oaks Woman Center and she delivers in the Methodist Hospital of the Medical Center area, you can check their website (https://www.sevenoakswomens.com) as well so you can get more info about her and the other physicians and Ob-Gyn's. I really like them they have an outstanding staff and they have really neat and clean facilities, the Methodist Hospitals are really nice and offer lots pregnancy classes and if you enroll into the Woman Plus program you can get the classes for free and other discounts and special offers. I hope this help you in find a good OB-Gyn for you and good luck!
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I see Lonestar Midwives in the medical center. I really love their care!
  • Hi Kelly,

When I first moved here I was 8 months pregnant and I was seen at Lackland but my due date was right when they were transferring to Brook Army. They were running out of room so they ended up sending me to Lonstar  OB/GYN when I was about 38 weeks. My doctor was Anna Beceiro. Although I only saw her for a while I really liked her. I ended up going a week past my due date and was scheduled to be induced. Everything went well and Dr. Beceiro was wonderful. I am now pregnant with my second and will be seeing her again soon. Hope this helps out.

• I saw Marissa Largoza who is a Methodist Hospital OB. I loved her!! She is based in the Medical Center and uses a tunnel to get from her office to the hospital so when you are in labor...she is only a stones throw away.

She has 3 kids herself and is incredibly compassionate. She always greets you with "Hey Momma!"...sweet lady and fantastic doctor. 

I really liked Methodist as well. All my nurses were amazing and made my L&D process as painless as possible....which is REALLY difficult to do.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • I use Dr. Jacobs at Lonestar and like her a lot. I've heard tons of good things about most of the doctors in the practice. I've also heard great things about the Lonestar midwives and would have used them if I hadn't already been established with Dr. Jacobs.
  • I agree with CEBandDAO.. I had Dr. Largoza earlier in my pregnancy (I'm 35wks now) and she was also my OB since I was in h.s. I am 31 yrs old and had to change OB's due to financial constraints. 

She is a great OB because she clearly shows concern and care for you.  

• i used Dr. Akonye my 2nd pregnancy and was so impressed and happy with my entire experience. the staff is nice and she is so caring and gets to know her patients. her nurse assistant is wonderful as well, always remembers every detail.  she is at New beginnings which is located on 151 in the Christus Santa Rosa- Westover Hills Hospital.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I see her partner Dr. George Cajas and he is awesome as well.  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"