August 2014 Moms
Options

So tired of people saying....

What I can and can't do!!! Goodness it's like I can't do anything without a comment anymore.

I bought paint today for the baby's room and of course someone said "i hope you won't be doing painting, it'll harm your baby." Ugh no it won't, I'm fine.

Telling me not to lift things, even as small as laundry baskets, I have no lifting restrictions and I'm also a CNA. I lift people lol laundry is the least of my concern.

No caffeine. Lol please.

Don't take that tylenol, any medicine is baby for baby. Excuse me I have a headache and if that's the only other thing I haven't tried I'm popping two of those bad boys with no regrets.

And lastly, I almost asked for it because it's looked down upon, but I bought cigarettes (for BF) today. The lady took the cigarettes to scan, then glanced at my belly, an said "are you really sure you want these?" Okay I get it, but really a total stranger. Smoking shouldn't be done during pregnancy but she has no right to tell me I can't.

I'm just tired of everyone having a say in everything I do. I get it that most people are looking out, but honestly it's like they think you would intentionally do something to harm your child. I will continue to drink coffee, paint my nails, dye my hair, paint the baby room, and buy alcohol or cigarettes for others. Gasp. I'm a terrible mother.

Re: So tired of people saying....

• Options
    I get it all the time bc I don't give up fish, shrimp, lunch meat, sushi (occasionally), soft serve ice cream, etc. Or bc I still wear my 15 month old DD.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister came over the other day and I was drinking a Mountain Dew. She looked at it questioningly and said, "How can you drink that right now?" (not in a rude way, as an actual question). I responded, "Like this" and took a big gulp. After being a smart*** to her, I explained that I can still have caffeine, just in moderation.
    That's really the only thing anyone has gotten onto me about this pregnancy. Apparently with the 2nd+ baby, people don't pay as much attention to what you do! *happy dance* 
    :-bd
  • Options
    I climbed a three step stool at work and got questioned for it. I live in a third floor apartment, if three steps was bad Id never get to go home
  • Options
    I had a Starbucks barista almost deny me an iced tea. He basically said he didn't want to be responsible if anything happened. I just sighed and said "well you better put lots of ice in it then".

I also have a "crazy" coworker who also happens to be a vegan (props to her, but it's not for me). She leaves me books and articles as subtle hints.

It's a boy and a girl!

• Options
    I bought a bottle of nice Scotch for DH's birthday when I was pregnant last time and definitely got a some weird looks but no comments. The sad thing is you just have to get used to it because even after you have the baby people will not hesitate to judge and jump at the chance to tell you every little thing they think you are doing wrong with your baby. Ugh, so annoying!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    YES. To all of this. It's getting quite obnoxious. I don't understand why people (most of them acquaintances or strangers) think they get a pass to intrude into our lives when they wouldn't even dare to beforehand. I'm thankful even with all of my hormones I still have a filter. Some days I'd like to tell some people what I really think instead of being polite.
  • Options
    I haven't really had anyone ask me questions or tell me what not to do. My dr told me to drink caffeine in moderation(all I have been drinking and wanting is cokes and iced coffees) and my FIL tells me to not eat sea food, even if the dr says it ok, because the FDA has been sued, yadda, yadda, yadda. Dude, if my DOCTOR tells me it's ok in moderation, I'm listening to her, not you!!

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    Someone told me the other day that I shouldn't lift my arms above my head. I then proceeded to lift my arms up even higher. I also had someone at work give me advice about raising a child, as she said "because you're pregnant" even thought there were two other people with young children sitting next to me. I almost jumped over the table at her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Whenever I get coffee with my sister, she always grabs my drink to check that I got decaf. I've told her several times that I can have some caffeine in moderation, but she still checks in. She also begged me to go natural and give birth at a birth center. I'm an all about the epi and will definitely have the baby at a hospital. This sister had never had children, but she loves to be a know it all. With her, it's easier to just smile and nod.

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
    BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    mikescutie7mikescutie7 member
    edited April 2014
    My step MIL told me to take the pepperoni off my pizza, when I asked why she said "because the baby won't like it "

I just said "well I like it" and took a big bite right in front of her
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options
    ***LOSS MENTIONED***

If I'm particularly pissed by a stupid comment/person, I have a tendency to get very sarcastic and mean.
    Like I had someone butt into a conversation about L&D, and how I'm not getting an epi, because of the risk.
    This person, who I guess picked up from the conversation that I dont have any kids at home, proceeded to tell me that 'I don't know anything about how Ill react to labor, and that I'd be pleading for an epi.  And I needed to lose that natural-birth mentality, because its ignorant.'
    To which I responded that Id broken my back, and had no issue going epi-free when I went through L&D last time.
    Except I was a dick about it.  A big dick.  Even my friend was stunned silent, which is saying something.
    I am not the best at holding my tongue.

Baby Girl born 7/9/2014 at 34.5wks

• Options
    I have an outie already because I have a herniated belly button. And I hate the question " Is that your belly button!?" What else would it be!? Geez. I find it cute when a little kid asks...but when an adult does my blood boils and I want to attack them!? Haha
  • Options
    Unless you're going to go out and immediately buy me what I'm craving, don't ask me! It'll just make me want it more. Damn hooligans, making me hungry with their small talk.
  • Options
    I am so sick of the "How are you feeling?" question.  I know it is meant with good intentions, but jeez...EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

And I said this before, but people LOVE to think you have cravings, especially my co-worker, apparently.  I bought some Oreos (the cookie dough kind) because I was curious what they tasted like & well, I like Oreos.  She said, "Ohh, pregnancy craving."  Um, no, I just like cookies - pregnant or not!

My TTC Journey:
    Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea / mild PCOS (Pretty much a hormone/ovulatory disorder)
    Progesterone to induce period w/ the goal of Clomid - never got period (September 2011). Referred to RE.
    Femera - never responded to the meds (December 2011)
    Clomid with TI - BFN (February 2012)
    Injectables (Menopur) - hyperstimulated/canceled (March 2012)
    Injectables #2 (Menopur) with TI- BFN (May 2012)
    IVF - OHSS (transfer canceled), but 11 frozen! (June 1012)
    FET - 1 transferred on 8/09/12. Beta#1 (11dp5dt): 350.3; Beta#2: 365; Beta#3: 157. Biochemical pregnancy.
    FET # 2 - 1 transferred on 11/01/12. Beta#1 (11dp5dt): 337; Beta#2: 769. BFP!!! 1st ultrasound 11/28/12 showed heartbeat, but measuring 5 days behind. 2nd ultrasound 12/05/12 - miscarriage.
    FET # 3 - 1 transferred on 1/24/13. Beta#1 (11dp5dt): BFN.
    FET # 4 - 2 transferred on 3/21/13.  Bet #1 (11dp5dt): 660; Beta#2: 1,300.  Miscarried at home @ 6 weeks.

FET # 5 - 2 transferred on 7/12/13.  Beta #1 (10dp6dt): BFN.
    Attempted an IUI in late August 2013, but didn't respond well.
    IVF #2 with PGS - Stims started 10/28 with retrieval on 11/11.  Of 14 mature eggs, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to Day 5 & 1 made it to Day 6. We did PGS on the Day 5 embryos, and 3 of 4 were normal. Had ET on 11/17. Beta #1 (8dp6dt): 203. Beta #2 (10dp6dt): 618. We since had two ultrasounds & on 12/19, our RE released us to the OB.  On 1/02/14, we had our first ultrasound with the OB where we heard the heartbeat.  We are so thankful for the blessing & crossing every finger & toe for a healthy & successful pregnancy.

photo JuneBugs_IFbump.jpgimageimage

http://i49.tinypic.com/v430oh.jpgimage

• Options

Yes!!!!! So sick of this. At lunch with a friend I had a salad. I felt proud for getting a healthy option and not the burger I wanted. Then she asks if I should be eating the cheese on it. She was always to scared when she was pregnant...I said I hope it's ok becuase I'm going to.

Buying a bottle of wine for a friends birthday got me lots of dirty looks even while holding the gift bag and birthday card.

Jogging the other day also got me some hard stares, but no one said anything. I hope I motivated a few people who looked like they need it more than me!!

• Options
    I'm a veterinary technician, and was put on a 20-25# unassisted weight limit as soon as I found out I was pregnant (had uterine surgery in May). Everyone at work knows. Had a 5# Chihuahua come in the other day that I picked up and put on the exam table. Thought everyone was going to have a coronary. Trust me, if my vagina was going to fall out because of 5#, I'm pretty sure my doctor would have mentioned that. Sometimes when I climb step stools, coworkers start screaming at me down the hallway as if I'm smoking crack in the corner instead of grabbing medications for a patient off the shelf. P.S. In response to the earlier comment about chocolate, if someone told me not to eat a Reese's peanut butter egg....I'd cut them. Don't mess with a pregnant woman's snacks.
  • Options
    My friend ask me if I wanted to take DD to McDonalds after work with her so our kids could play in the play area. I said, "no, DH and I are meeting for sushi"

She looked at me and said, "How could you consider eating that while you are pregnant?" "I could never do that" In a snotty voice. 

First of all- the place we go has a menu of  just cooked rolls--shrimp, crab, tofu
    Second of all- I think it is healthier than eating McDonalds personally
    Third of all- People in other countries deliver healthy babies all the time. People who eat sushi daily.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I still eat sushi here and there. I just go to a very very reputable place that serves the freshest (is that a word) Sushi around me. 

one of the first times I decided to get sushi because I was craving it, I walked into the sushi restaurant all excited about eating my sushi, I walked in and no lie. All eyes were on me. at first I ignored it but then they just kept looking at me and one even whispered something to her friend, It was awkward at first but then i realized people are always going to stare and pass judgement when they don't know anything but assume they do. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Where I live The ratio of career moms is much higher than stay at home moms. This generally causes families to be started at an older age. I have several friends who are in their late 30's just starting to think about starting a family. Coming from the south it is common to start a family young. I was married at 22 and pregnant at 24 so I am constantly being asked if I am married and if my pregnancy was planned. Then they proceed to tell me how I will regret getting pregnant so young and not experiencing more of life. First off, it is none of your business what my personal decisions are. Yes,I am married. Yes, it was planned. And.... My husband and I have probably seen more of the world together already than most of them ever will (been to Mexico, Jamaica, the Bahamas, Europe, and Thailand). P.s on the Reese eggs... I love them too! I recently read a study that says moms who eat peanuts during pregnancy are less likely to have a child with a peanut allergy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"