Minnesota Babies
Options

Daycare costs- what's typical?

Looking into daycare for DD (6 months old) and I am finding that I'm quite surprised by how expensive some of them are.  We are currently using a mix of family and friends for DD 3 days a week and have decided to just see what our options are.  What should we expect to pay for in home?  And for a center?  We're in the southern suburbs.  

Thanks so much ladies! 

Re: Daycare costs- what's typical?

• Options
    Our kids go to a center (ymca) in the south metro, and I think it is $305/week for infants. Both of mine are in preschool now and that is $237/week not including some extras that we pay for like swimming lessons, computer class, spanish, etc. When I looked around, those prices seemed typical, if not on the lower end of center care.
  • Options
    JGYJGY member

$350/week for us for infant care.  That includes all food (except breast milk/formula), and diapers (they provide all cloth diapers during the day).  The price just went up $25/week ($350 is the new price).

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At a center 300+ a week is pretty normal for infants! the price does drop for toddlers and later preschoolers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it depends on the center you choose - we are doing Kinderberry Hill and it's 1650/mth just for 3 days a week.
  • Options
    I use an in-home daycare for $160 per week for a toddler. Was $170 per week for an infant. I provided milk and diapers. But, she does feed lunch and snack. She's also a former teacher, and once my child turns 3 asks for a $25 per semester fee for teaching supplies.  I'm in the south metro (burnsville).

I had looked at centers - they run $250 - $300 per week for full time. In-home run anywhere from $140 - $180 full time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I live in S Mpls and will be paying $260/week for in-home daycare.
  • Options
    We're in Hugo but also looking in the Fridley area near work.
    Centers in Hugo around 300 a week for infant and in home about 50 a day. GL!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We use a small center and DS goes three days a week and we pay $167.00 a week.
  • Options
    $354 / week in Savage for full time, 5 days a week.  All food, formula and wipes provided... we provide diapers or anything special that he needs if their food / formula isn't what we want.

I get a corporate discount due to my employer so make sure you ask about that (I pay $311 after the discount).

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Depends on the area.

For an infant a center in Farmington is $270, Burnsville is around $300, Apple Valley $300...

I know an in home in Hastings for an infant is $140.

So really it depends on if it's a center or an in home and where you are located and looking for care. The closer you go to the cities the more money it is!

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"