C-sections

Anyone else considering getting your tubes tied? Or - have you done this?

I am having my 3rd C in 8 weeks. I have a lot of scar tissue so it's a risky surgery. I am considering getting my tubes tied but I am kind of scared. I shouldn't be scared because I think being pregnant a 4th time is scarier risk to my health. My doc says you have to be 200% sure since its final. She says she also sees increased PP depression for those women that choose that route.

Just curious if anyone has made this decision or will be making this decision soon.

Re: Anyone else considering getting your tubes tied? Or - have you done this?

• We were sure this was it. Actually, #2 was supposed to be it but DH never got the big V and oops... Here comes #3! Couldn't be happier though. This was a tough pregnancy though and the risk of a 4th was not something I would even consider with 3 LOs who need me! Anyway, it was NBD as far as surgery (only took a few minutes extra) and no extra recovery time. I'm 7 wks and no PPD at all. I agree you need to be certain but as far as the procedure itself... Nothing to worry about.

• This is our second and final baby. I will be getting mine done. I, too, have my doc telling me she will keep asking me all the way up until the day baby gets here. My answer won't change. I'd like to hear from women that have been thru this already. How was recovery?

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, I had my tubes tied after my last cs....I was 40 and we knew that we weren't going to have any more children because of the increase in risk factors.  I experienced no PPD and no regrets.  Good luck with your choice!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • This is our second and final baby. I will be getting mine done. I, too, have my doc telling me she will keep asking me all the way up until the day baby gets here. My answer won't change. I'd like to hear from women that have been thru this already. How was recovery?

When I got in the OR, before they placed my spinal and before they let DH in, they went around the room and each dr/nurse asked me if I was sure. I thought it was kind of funny but my Ob says she really doesn't do it lightly and they want to hear you say it w/o any other influence.

Oh and no extra recovery or pain at all. Really... This was my 3rd c/s and my fastest recovery so I can honestly say the tubal adds NO extra recovery time.

• dh79dh79 member
    I had my tubes tied during my 2nd C-section 4 weeks ago.  We were 100% sure that we were done having kids, which I think is the (obvious) biggest consideration.  My recovery from this C-section has been significantly easier than the first one, I don't think the tubal affected my recovery at all.  I had baby blues the first time around but this time have not.  
  • I didn't even know this was a possibility and I am delighted! If I have to have the CS with this one (which looks highly likely) I will absolutely be having the tubes tied at the same time, if they do it. I wasn't ever having any more kids and was considering the permanent solution before I fell pregnant (accidentally) with this one. I can't take the pill so this is an ideal solution. 
    Master of 'the look' 
  • Yes, I'm having mine tied at my RCS on Monday. I'm almost 37, and this LO will complete our family. Glad to hear that none if you have experienced increased pain or PPD!
  • I plan to. Our first 3 were ivf babies and we were done until this surprise. While I'm thrilled for another little guy, I'm positive we are done.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"