August 2012 Moms

What to buy for 2nd baby?

We are starting to think about trying for #2, and we are currently in the planning phase. What are you planning on buying new for your second baby vs hand me downs? Obviously we will need another bedroom set, but I am kind of stumped beyond that. Probably some new clothes if it's the opposite gender. Any other ideas so I can set up a budget?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

Re: What to buy for 2nd baby?

• I didn't buy anything else except some clothes because he was a boy....we will probably be getting another crib since I have 2u2 but that is it.

• Depending on the age of your first one, you may want a double stroller and another monitor. We are pretty much borrowing everything other than furniture (dresser, glider, etc.), sound machine, monitor, and a double stroller. 

• Loading the player...
  • ccamccam member
    edited April 2014

The things I've thought about are -

furniture (DS will keep his furniture since it converts to a full size bed and I'm not in any rush to get him out of the crib)

2nd camera for our video monitor

2nd car seat base since we never had one in DH's car for DS and will need one this time around

new bottle nipples / pacifiers

Things we'll wait on -

double stroller since I will probably wear LO#2 while DS is in the stroller at first

clothes since we'll probably be team green again

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• sdlaurasdlaura member
    edited April 2014
    DD was 17 months when DS was born, so we got a second crib, changing pad, changing pad cover, diaper pail, second monitor camera, double jogging stroller with carseat attachment, new nipples for bottles, new parts and tubing for my breast pump, and some extra washcloths and towels. Everything else we used again since we were team green the first time, so all our gear was gender neutral. I was surprised how many clothing items we received as gifts, so we haven't bought much on that front so far.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Duh, yes get a double stroller. It is a necessity.

• Here's what I got:
    --a double stroller
    --clothes, since I had a girl. Even if you end up with the same sex, though, it may in different seasons and you'll still want new clothes.
    --new bottles and nipples
    --crib sheets and girly blankets. I PPH my A+A blankets like woah.
    --a few more hooded towels
    --a bouncer (I already had the swing and the RnP, so I bought the bouncer to complete the set)

I didn't get another crib since I really couldn't justify spending that (non-existent) money. I moved Elijah to the PNP to clear out the crib for Madeleine...who still sleeps in the RNP in our room. Within the next year or so, he will be in a big boy bed, so shilling out $$$ for a new crib made zero sense. Instead, I spent $30 on a nice PNP mattress and some sheets, and he hardly knows the difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"