July 2014 Moms

FFFC 4/11!

Re: FFFC 4/11!

• jessa8907 said:
    tourqeyes said:
    Redirecting: My kid is god awful spoiled. He flipped the fuck out in Walmart yesterday because I wouldn't buy him animal crackers. Then I told him because of his tantrum I wasn't buying him the golf set I had picked out fr him. That's when the devil took over and he really went crazy. We left the store but he screamed the whole way home. I explained why he didn't get anything but honestly while I love him, I spend more time thinking about how often he is a little jerk than how much I like him lately.
    I heard the age of 3 is the worst. Obviously this is coming from no actual experience, haha.

I'll just say that I am looking forward to DS turning 4 in July.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jessa8907 said:

tourqeyes said:

Redirecting:

My kid is god awful spoiled. He flipped the fuck out in Walmart yesterday because I wouldn't buy him animal crackers. Then I told him because of his tantrum I wasn't buying him the golf set I had picked out fr him. That's when the devil took over and he really went crazy. We left the store but he screamed the whole way home. I explained why he didn't get anything but honestly while I love him, I spend more time thinking about how often he is a little jerk than how much I like him lately.

I heard the age of 3 is the worst. Obviously this is coming from no actual experience, haha.

So you and everyone else that said three is worse, you are trying to send me off the deep end right now? ::rocking back and forth in the corner::

• nola 1017 said:
    @tourqeyes -  Lalalaalalala.  I'm not listening.  The tantrums are supposed to disappear when they get closer to three.  I am counting down the days until Abigail turns 3.  It's like a switch was flipped the day Abigail turned 2  Oh.my.goodness. It's been horrible.  

I feel like this is Abigail's running inner dialogue: Don't touch my hair.  That's the wrong cup.  OMG, you just took the cup that I said I didn't want away from me. You're horrible. Did you seriously say I can't have a third banana? My life is ruined. RUINED.  You think you can potty train me?  Potty train *this* sucker! (and then proceeds to dig in the poop in her diaper and rub it on her clothes). 

If you haven't read this before, it will make you laugh.
    https://jasongood.net/365/2011/08/day-215-approximately-3-minutes-inside-the-head-of-my-2-year-old/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tourqeyes said:
    tourqeyes said:
    Redirecting: My kid is god awful spoiled. He flipped the fuck out in Walmart yesterday because I wouldn't buy him animal crackers. Then I told him because of his tantrum I wasn't buying him the golf set I had picked out fr him. That's when the devil took over and he really went crazy. We left the store but he screamed the whole way home. I explained why he didn't get anything but honestly while I love him, I spend more time thinking about how often he is a little jerk than how much I like him lately.
    So you and everyone else that said three is worse, you are trying to send me off the deep end right now? ::rocking back and forth in the corner::
    It's not THAT bad. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cookieinva - LOL.  That was awesome.  Thanks! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tourqeyes said:
    Well he sure as shit isn't going to get mine!!
  • AutumnBonfireAutumnBonfire member
    edited April 2014

I'll go with the theme of toddler tantrums...

We've been taking DS outside to play after we come home from work/daycare since its been really nice out. He throws a fit when its time to come back in. Last night I lost patience with it. I was trying to get dinner ready while playing with him outside. DH had to stop somewhere after work, so I was on my own for a while. I've been feeling nauseous (why won't it go away!!) and tired and just wanted to lay on my couch.

DS had a screaming meltdown when we brought him, which continued right into trying to get him to eat. Dinner was later than usual so he was really hungry. He threw food all over the floor, refused everything, threw his milk numerous times. and was screaming so much I was afraid he'd choke on what he did try to eat. I was starving and my food was ice cold because of all this. I didn't scream or yell, but I declared dinner was over, took DS out of his highchair and mumbled things under my breath like "this is fucking ridiculous, I'm tired of this shit, I'm never cooking again, why bother, and we're never going outside again" and went and laid on the couch. When DS calmed down, DH tried dinner again. The crying continued until DS fell asleep.

I feel bad because he's teething, didn't take a good nap, really likes outside, and was too hungry since dinner was late. DS is really good and playing outside is sort of "new" right now and I know he doesn't understand the expectations for his behavior yet. DH called me out on my comments later that evening and made me feel like crap. He took me seriously when I said no outside ever again and said he felt bad for keeping DS in the house. Of course I don't mean that.

ETA: tl;dr

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• DD has a drs appointment on Monday. I really want to skip it, she is always running around and it takes everything to get her to stop and eat something. The pediatrician always gives me a guilt trip every time we see her about my daughter being too skinny. But she is incredibly happy has hit all of her milestones (most of them early). But getting scolded every 3 months and then struggling to get her to eat stresses me out so much that I cry and think I'm a horrible mom when we have a bad eating day. The only reason why I'm planning on taking her in is because she is due for more vaccinations and we are moving to a new state so I need her medical records
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My FFFC:
    I don't do FFFC very often but I saw something this morning that reminded me of posting here. I can't stand when people update their status on Facebook to something incomplete.  Like "Tonight is going to be interesting" or "It finally happened".  WTF is wrong with you that you put crap like that up there just hoping people comment and ask you about it.  Forget the fact that updating your status with every silly thought you have is a little narcissistic, you are so insecure that it pains me to know that I friended you.  My SIL and some friends are pro's at this and people play right into their hands.  It is annoying!

I hate it when they post something vague and then says they don't want to talk about it? Then why did you post it?
    My SIL says she is just trying to get a conversation going with people.  Who the hell does that in real life.  It's not like I call up my friends and say, "It happened" and then wait for a response.  The term I use if fishing. I think @aliletz had a great picture that described this.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• tourqeyes said:

jessa8907 said:

tourqeyes said:

Redirecting:

My kid is god awful spoiled. He flipped the fuck out in Walmart yesterday because I wouldn't buy him animal crackers. Then I told him because of his tantrum I wasn't buying him the golf set I had picked out fr him. That's when the devil took over and he really went crazy. We left the store but he screamed the whole way home. I explained why he didn't get anything but honestly while I love him, I spend more time thinking about how often he is a little jerk than how much I like him lately.

It's not THAT bad. :)

You didn't seen the horns he had yesterday.

• kmawbkmawb member
    edited April 2014
    jessa8907 said:
    tourqeyes said:

I'll just say that I am looking forward to DS turning 4 in July.

Same here with my DD, who turns 4 in October (and she's a pretty good kid by most standards, but sometimes...)! 

The terrible 2s can be pretty bad because they have little control over their emotions at that age and don't always know how to communicate their needs/wants, but once 3 hits yikes!  By age 3 most kids are very vocal/can communicate effectively, are physically capable of doing just about anything they want to do (especially the things you don't want them doing) but they still have minimal self control and are very headstrong/stubborn too.  3-year-olds (at least all the ones I know) like to push their boundaries constantly, have seletive hearing that tunes out the exact frequencies of mom/dad's voice and I swear that if they find something that annoys you (and they know it annoys you) they will do it all.the.time.

Take heart ladies of 2 year olds @tourqeyes, 3 might be worse in some ways but it is also a very funny age because they will say exactly whatever pops into their heads no matter how off-the-wall it is and their personality is full blown.  For example, at daycare a few weeks ago, over lunch my DD informed the 3 other kids and the DCP that she knew where babies come from: they crawl out of Mommy's vagina!  I get emails several times a week relaying the hilarious things my DD says at daycare.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My confession is that I ran out of dog food and fed the dogs doggie gingerbread cookies for breakfast. I can tell I am going to be an excellent mom ;-)

Haha it's ok, sometimes when I run out I give her the cat's food. She eats it out of the cat's dish anyway when we're not looking!

image          image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DS's bedtime and naptime now includes an hour of reading books prior. Not sure how we got to this point, but it has got to STOP. I literally go batty by the end of it then I'm too spent to do any cleaning etc while he's napping. I keep telling myself "appreciate this time and this age" but NO. Enough is enough. Sorry DS, you are now limited to 3 books then it's nighty night. I guess I feel like it's a FFFC cuz I'm a crappy mom wanting to just get him in bed.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• FFFC: my mechanic better hold on to his shit when I come to pick up my car today. I called in and made an appointment to have my breaks done and to have some work that we got an estimate on last week. I f'ing called ahead so the f'ing parts would be there. But no one f'ing ordered them and now they won't be in until tomorrow.

We have a dog competition tomorrow in that heat in which dogs are housed in cars. We will take shade clothe and fans and cooling vests, but a working a/c is kinda imparative to keeping a working dog cool throughout the day. DH's commuter car does not have the capacity we need for this event.

Let's just say pregnant lady is extremely unhappy to be with no working air conditioner in a black car. And she may have a big fit when she picks up her car.
  • ginger313 said:

DS's bedtime and naptime now includes an hour of reading books prior. Not sure how we got to this point, but it has got to STOP. I literally go batty by the end of it then I'm too spent to do any cleaning etc while he's napping. I keep telling myself "appreciate this time and this age" but NO. Enough is enough. Sorry DS, you are now limited to 3 books then it's nighty night. I guess I feel like it's a FFFC cuz I'm a crappy mom wanting to just get him in bed.

If I wasn't such a meanie mommy I am sure this would be us.  DD gets 1 story.  She knows this.  But she still cries as the last page of the story is turned.  Every. Time.  Instead of losing my patience with her, I just tell her that the story is over and now it is time for bed.  She cries every single time, but falls asleep within 5 minutes of me shutting the door anyway.  I feel guilty sometimes about it, but I don't want to give in once and make her think there is hope for next time.

Good for you! Too many parents give in to the tears and I get to do damage control at preschool. I have several kids who have to be told on a regular basis "Crying and screaming will never work at school. That is not how you get what you want."

image          image

• FFFC 1: I am consistently 5 minutes late for work, but I'm salaried not hourly and I write out a time sheet instead of punching a clock, so no one really knows except my assistant.

FFFC 2: My assistant is amazing and unintentionally makes me feel like I am the laziest person alive because she is just constantly looking for something else to be getting done in the classroom. Stuff that I totally could do myself but I don't really consider important enough to expend the effort. Reorganizing closets and the like. I mean I have never seen anyone with this girl's work ethic. I didn't really feel bad about it until I got pregnant, since I wasn't ASKING her to do all this extra stuff, but now I am unable to deal with some of the more aggressive misbehavior some kids display (hitting, kicking, biting, hair pulling....) so now she deals with that too. I'm starting to feel like she is the lead teacher and I'm the assistant! And I want to consider her an inspiration to improve my own work ethic, but right now I'm in a nesting mentality and can't focus on anything else very well. I suck.
    image          image

• Linzlu214 said:
    I have been a raging bitch this week and admittably (is this a word? My phone says no) have been looking for trouble. Bitchy more than normal. If I was still getting periods I would blame this on PMS.
    It's admittedly. :) My mom is an English teacher. :)
    Thank you!! Was driving me insane.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"