December 2011 Moms

I need to vent

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: I need to vent

• I'm scared of the impending 4mw! I feel like with DS he slept fine until then but then never again after that! So sorry you're dealing with it and that I have no advice! Definitely nothing you're doing, though!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • -T--T- member
    I can tell you, I wouldn't be a very good mom on sleep at 2 hour intervals. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will go back to normal. Get some rest!
  • Loading the player...
  • jesselayne8jesselayne8 member
    edited April 2014
    I'm sorry. Our 4mw ended at 5 months when I did modified CIO. Bedtime was 7pm so I would only feed him 2-3x a night. If it hadn't been 3-4hrs then DH would have to go soothe him.

FWIW: no amount of CIO seems to make DS STTN but at least it was an improvement.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • You're not a shitty mom. For whatever reason babies go through this phase. It sucks, but it will pass. It's hard to function on such inconsistent sleep. Don't give yourself a hard time. Hope it gets better soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hugs.
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• When DD2 was about that age we bought Baby Merlin's Magic sleepsuit. Her sleep improved so much with it. She probably wore it for 3 months or so. It started to get too warm in the summer so we had to switch to something else. I don't remember the transition away from it being difficult though. 

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Merlins-Magic-Sleepsuit-months/dp/B0095YY99K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396886661&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+merlin%27s+magic+sleepsuit

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We switched to a fleecy type sheet with DS...  Sounds odd, but the snuggle factor helped cut down on the wakings a tad so that I could get 3 hours instead of 2... Ugh...  At some point you have to put your foot down and say "I am going to sleep, and unless there's a fire, no one is to wake me up!!!"  You HAVE to take care of you!!!  I know it's easier said than done...  It's a good night for a "Dad" night... 

P.s. I feel your pain - I'm still so underslept from DS it's not funny - he's a low sleep need kiddo so he falls asleep at about 11:40/12 and is up at 7 every morning...  Seems wonderful at this point I know, but  chronic sleep deprivation is NOT good on the body!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"