March 2012 Moms

Big boy bed update

For everyone who is worried about the transition from crib to big boy bed, I thought I'd give you a quick update now that he's been in the new bed for a week. Everything is going great! The first night he got out of bed and screwed around for around 5 minutes but went right back to bed. After the first night, he's been going to bed with no problem and sleeping until his normal time during the week. On the weekend, he got up about an hour early so, not great, but not awful. 7:30 isn't the end of the world and I'm hoping that'll improve too. We'll see. Overall, though, it went really well and I really like him in the bed. When we get dressed in the morning, I just jump in bed with him instead of dragging him out, which never makes him happy.

He seems so grownup in his little bed. It makes me happy and sad at the same time.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Big boy bed update

• Did you go in and put him back in bed or did he get back in?
  • That is great!  How are naps going in the bed?
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Loading the player...
  • @LilNunz1‌ He went back in on his own. When we first went back, he threw out his pillow and blanket and then laid down on the floor next to his bed but after about 3 minutes, he put everything back in and got into bed. @KrsCrp83‌ Naps never go very well for us at home. He tends to sleep in later on the weekends and do very short naps, usually in the car, which was what we dealt with this weekend. He's never been the kind of kid you could just put down for his afternoon nap. Sometimes he doesn't nap at all and, honestly, 99% of the time that's fine for him, too. It's ME that misses the break!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"