Detroit Babies
Options

OBGYN's (Valice, Kobold, Torok, Chu???)

I'll be needing to set up an OBGYN appt in the next few weeks once I start the transition over from my RE, and the last one I saw months back was Dr. Valice.  I know that several people on here have gone to him--Just looking for confirmation that you do still like him, the office, other doctors there (I think it's Kobold, Smith, and Jordan?), etc.

My MIL works with some women who just RAVE about Dr. Torok and Chu?  Does anyone here see them?  I would love to just stick with where I last went, but I feel like this is SUCH a big decision that I want to make sure I base my decision off of personal recommendations!

Thanks!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OBGYN's (Valice, Kobold, Torok, Chu???)

• Options

First off- CONGRATULATIONS!!  OMG I'm so excited for you. 

I really like Dr. Valice.  With my pregnancies, he was still with his old practice, so I don't have much information on the current office.  I know he's taking a more personal approach, where he tries to follow you through the entire pregnancy and ultimately delivers you.  What I always liked is I never feel rushed and he makes sure you understand whatever it is you have questions on.  The few times I've been to the office, the staff has been extremely nice and friendly.  I haven't met the other doctors, but I've only heard great things about them as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't have any recs...sorry...but just wanted to say CONGRATS! I am thrilled for you and hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies :-) I can't say I fully believe it yet..and I'm worried sick about something going wrong! I can't wait until my first ultrasound which is in about a week and a half. I feel like if I can SEE what's going on in there I might feel a little more relaxed.

Renee I'm glad you still have good things to say about him. I do remember feeling like he took his time with me. 

It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

• Options
    No rec's but just wanted to say WOO HOO AND CONGRATS! Happy dance! Yay!
    Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • Options

I also wanted to say congrats to you!

I saw valice at his last place and loved him. He is very nice but wanted to chime in that Chu and Torok were recommended to me by someone that works at the hospital with them. She had very good things to say about them along with Valice. So whomever you choose I am sure will be great.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

CONGRATS!!!!!!  Sorry, I don't have any rec's. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I LOVE Dr. Valice.He is patient and kind. I always feel reassured by his bedside manner.

I delivered at his old practice and have only gone to the new one for my annual exam last year. If you want to talk to someone who delivered at the practice but not with him,  page Mary811. ChrissyT is also going to be delivering any day with him.

Congrats!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

CONGRATS!!!!  That is awesome news! 

Dr Smith was my primary doctor, Dr Kobald did my sons circ, and Dr Jordan I met once.  I also met with Dr Valice, and the PA (Jennifer) during my pregnancy. 

The office is quick and they worked with my work schedule.  They also have an ultrasound in the office, but the tech only works two days in the office.  All of the doctors take their time answering questions, and telling you what to expect.  And the nurses are really good.  Although there is one nurse I avoided if I had to have blood drawn, she wasn't the best at it, but you'll figure that stuff out, once you start going. 

I have been going there for about 5 years, and have rec'd them to a lot of people. 

• Options

::butting in from lurkerville::   CONGRATS!!!  that's great news.

sorry, no recommendations on the docs.

My Chart
    TTC since Sept 2009
    Cycle#9-Natural BFP 7/9/2010 ~ m/c 7/31/2010 ~ 8/31/10 beta 0.
    Nov/Dec 2011, started seeing RE. HSG-all clear! SA is good! DX = unexplained IF.
    Cycle#25-50mg clomid, IUI#1 = BFP 12/24/11 ~ m/c 1/5/12 ~ 2/21/12 beta level finally 0.
    Cycle#28- 100mg clomid + Ovidrel + IUI#2 = BFN
    Cycle#29- Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#3 = BFP 5/8/12 ~ betas dropped 5/17/12 ~ Cytotec(fail) D&C (fail) & then a methotrexate shot to get things going ~ 6/28/12 Beta FINALLY 0.
    RPL tests reveal MTHFR mutation(1copy)-adding Folgard & BA and moving forward.
    Cycle#32-Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#4 = BFP!
    Beta#1 8/21/12: 11, Beta#2 8/23: 71, Beta#3 8/25:174
    9/4-seen sac/yolk, 9/7-9/12 hospitalized for a ruptured cyst causing massive internal bleeding.
    9/11-seen HB!! 9/18- no HB, 9/21/12-D&C. Fetal tissue testing revealed a healthy boy. Now getting more tests to try to figure out this mystery :(
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone...I think I will plan on staying where I'm at and hope I had as good of an experience as those of you who have gone there have had!

• Options
    I don't have any recs, but CONGRATS!!!  I remember you from the knot.  H&H 9 mo to you!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Dr. Chu delivered our 1st & Dr. Torok delivered our second. I can't say enough good things about their practice. They were patient and reassuring when I was a first time mom and worried about what to expect. They were super professional, yet very warm and down-to-earth. Dr. Mikula is also in the practice and I've seen her for regular OB check ups and have had the same positive experience.

• Options
    Congrats fellow knottie!  I'm so excited for you!  Hope everything with the ultrasound is perfect.
    imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
    Birthday
  • Options

They are my doctors, and I LOVE them.  I haven't met Valice or Kobold yet, but Dr. Torok has been my favorite Dr that I have seen ... and with 4 years of IF, I've seen my fair share ;) At that practice is Stephen Perry, Dr. Mikula too.

Unfortunately, I'm having to switch doctors because they are Beaumont doctors and only have rights at Troy and Royal Oak Beaumont... and Beaumont recently decided to no longer accept Blue Care Network :( 

I'm SUPER bummed to have to switch especially because I love  all the doctors at the practice that I have met so far.

dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Dr. Valice delivered my twins while he was at his last office. He was amazing and I was sad to see him leave to another office.  He's a great doctor!!
  • Options
    Mikula is my ob/gyn and I've been very happy with her. I've met all the doctors there and like all of them equally.
  • Options
    Do you happen to know the name if the practice where Dr. Valice is now?
  • Options
    Catie007 said:
    Do you happen to know the name if the practice where Dr. Valice is now?
    Woah...so weird to see this old post of mine show up again!!!!  I posted this back in...probably October of 2011!!!!  At any rate, Catie007 Valice moved.  As in, I believe he's in the Grand Rapids area now.  :-(  I was super bummed to find that out, but he's been gone for quite awhile now, maybe almost a year?  8 months?  Something like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"