September 2012 Moms

UO it is Thursday right?

Re: UO it is Thursday right?

• Xpost. Sorry. Pink is cuter on boys then girls. My boy would rock the pink all the time.

• Loading the player...
  • this is not a uo. but I am thisclose to walking out of my office and not returning.

That bad?? I'm sorry. That just sucks. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cheeseandrice‌ what's going on today?

• TheAnne said:

maybe the tampons just suck the blood out of your ute quicker with their crazy expanding absorption talents.

I can't imagine your body being like "oh, a tampon?  I think I'll just hang onto this extra 2 days of bleeding then"
    I agree with you, they definitely wick the moisture and would explain both of the things I mentioned in my UO.  I still think they should be used in moderation.  For unfounded reasons.  :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I can do pads at night but I can't walk around like that during the day.  It feels like wearing a diaper to me.  No thanks.
  • I suck at UOs. 

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • So, do tampons make anyone else cramp worse?  Just me?  It's like my entire female anatomy is trying to spit it out.  Plus I have to wear a pad with them anyway.  I soak through supers quickly then everything just bypasses, esp clots.  Maybe I am disgusting period girl and everyone else is normal?

• Actually, I'm pretty sure I AM disgusting period girl.  My mom had a hysterectomy because hers were bad. 

• So I'm referring to unnecessary judging and being a bitch in general.  People who stand on the soapbox of 'stop the mommy wars - we're all doing the best we can!' ..... then turn around and do buttloads of other unnecessary judging in every other department of life.  Hyprocricy is my complaint I guess. 
    I get confused easily, @tinyhumantoe. I was just saying that people need to have more compassion, but then confused myself and went with it.
    So I think we actually agree with each other, haha. 

• Pads suck. They chaff. They smell. Make you feel so gross. Blah. I'd use a cup before pads.
  • watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited April 2014
    melody921 said:
    I don't care for most modern art.
    I may be well rounded in a lot of areas, but I don't "get" a lot of art.  Especially the modern stuff.
    This is downtown by our lakefront.  It's a "sculpture" called "The Calling."  I've never understood it.  To me, it looks like big steel beams painted orange.  I see nothing artsy about it.

To me, this looks like how Kurt Vonnegut drew an anus.... That said, I don't think owning artwork is a complete waste of money, as it is an asset that will appreciate in value and may hold value better or be more stable than the markets or other parts of the economy.  It's something you can pass down to your kids that they may be less likely to sell the first time they have car trouble, because they have a memory of it.

I love reading, but doubt that I'll ever be able to read as much as I'd like to.  When I was in college, I considered being an English major, but chose Spanish literature instead because the papers we had to write were shorter.

If my kid's school charged $160 for a prom ticket, I'd be one angry parent.  I maybe spent $100 on the dress, and did my own makeup and hair and used shoes and jewelry I had.  I can see spending more on a dress now, maybe $200, and if there's a big group of kids sharing a limo, fine, whatever, but there's no way I'd pay more than $300 for the whole prom, and I wouldn't want to shell that out every year in high school.

ETA:The people I know who are well-read read as much trash as literature... I'm envious of people who just read everything, and devour it all.
  • Not sure if I want to be flamed today but here's my OP:

People shouldn't judge those that have issues like diabetes because you truly can't understand how emotionally and physically demanding and impossible it is to be "perfect" with your food choices. Doesn't matter how many people care about you, sometimes it's just so hard.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    eshee8198 said:
    Ooh, that made me think of one! I'm sure I would enjoy some of the fad books like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent. But I roll my eyes when they're recommended, because seriously - they're books written for teens. They just strike me as brain trash, like chick lit or reality TV. I could be wrong though, so convince me!
    Don't bash my chick lit! I read legislation all day long, I need a funny nonsense love story in my down time.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    I'm sure this is not unpopular, but I think spending $1000 for prom is ridiculous.  That's the number that was on a radio show this morning as the average cost of people going to prom now a days in this area.

Either I'm old, or dresses have realllllly inflated in 12 years.
    10 years ago, you could buy a $60 dress from Maurices or go to a boutique and buy a $500 dress. Add in hair and makeup being done, shoes, jewelry, I  could see how it could easily get that high.
    My niece is a senior and is having her prom this weekend. Her mom took the opportunity to get her her first pair of really nice shoes that she will have for a very long time. Her dress, not sure how much it cost but in reality won't be worn again (maybe a formal or two in college but not after).

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Not sure if I want to be flamed today but here's my OP:

People shouldn't judge those that have issues like diabetes because you truly can't understand how emotionally and physically demanding and impossible it is to be "perfect" with your food choices. Doesn't matter how many people care about you, sometimes it's just so hard.
    I judge my FIL.  He doesn't do absolutely anything to help his conditions.  He has diabetes, Berger's disease and neuropathy.  What would make all of these conditions better?  Quit smoking, #1 and for the diabetes, cut back on the candy.  Not even quit it, but cut back.  He chooses to ignore all of that, and then complains about the pain, meds, etc.

I look at my own Dad and how he was like a walking Book of Job...he had diabetes, blood clots, high BP, heart disease, not 1 but 2 kinds of cancer and the guy did everything right!  Never drank, never smoked, was never more than 30lbs overweight his entire life, never did drugs, etc.  Sometimes your genetics just suck and there's nothing you can do about it. :-(

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I can't stand always infinity pads... they always feel damp and soggy to me... blech!  I wear tampons at day and pads at night usually, though I haven't had a tampon in 2 years now due to being pregnant and pp all the time.  I'm so happy my period hasn't come back after DD2 yet, esp since I'm scared of it now that I have paragard.
  • I like putting make up on my 8 year old. For her dance competitions, not in her everyday life. It used to bother me and I was all uptight about it. But she loves it and when I see her dancing her little buns off up on stage, it makes me want to cry. I love how much she loves performing. I was such a tomboy growing up (and still a little bit now) that it took me awhile to embrace her girlyness.  I am now a pro at putting fake eyelashes on her. Proud dance mom over here. Btw, I really dislike 90% of the other dance moms. Hypocrite.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    My prom was fancy pants and not very close to our house so renting a car with a driver so we could all be together and not worry about parking downtown was the thing to do. I don't remember how much tickets cost. Maybe $100/person and discount for couples?

It was at the Fox Theater in St Louis
    Fox Theatre St. Louis

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• 27boo27boo member
    I went to 4 proms and bought 4 dresses. We were in a tiny town, so proms were 9-12. I think tickets were $20. My mom still had my dresses, but donated them to the Princess Project this year. It provides dresses to girls who can't buy them , so that they have a chance to go to prom. They were between $80 and $200. My senior dress was $400. I paid for half and my dad have given me the other $200. I love it, so it was worth it at the time.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • edited April 2014
    mnkate said:

I still have both of my prom dresses. I still remember my junior year dress was $200 (!!!). I don't know why I kept them.

Our proms were always at venues -- pretty fancy. Junior year location: image

@mnkate Where is this? Somewhere in MN?

Off-topic: we went to a wedding at the MN Zoo last weekend. It was pretty, but the reception started at 5:30 and dinner wasn't served until 8:30 (almost 9 for the table next to us, which had 4 kids under the age of 6) I would have expected better.

Typo
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• hmp1hmp1 member
    The one reason I am so very glad my kids will not be going to high school in TX, Homecoming Mums.

TX girls, spill it. Did you have a mum? Were they a thing at your school? I didn't go to high school in TX so I have only heard the rumors and seen the pictures on FB.

For all you non Texans, these are mums.

And this made me laugh:
    “Sidney Heath, the girlfriend of Hagerman’s oldest son, James, recently received the crown jewel of Hagerman’s mums. A front and back mum sandwiches her body and is attached to a dog harness for strength and comfort.”

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    The one reason I am so very glad my kids will not be going to high school in TX, Homecoming Mums.

TX girls, spill it. Did you have a mum? Were they a thing at your school? I didn't go to high school in TX so I have only heard the rumors and seen the pictures on FB.

And this made me laugh:
    “Sidney Heath, the girlfriend of Hagerman’s oldest son, James, recently received the crown jewel of Hagerman’s mums. A front and back mum sandwiches her body and is attached to a dog harness for strength and comfort.”

I never had a mum.  I thought they seemed so ugly and such a waste of money.
  • hmp1 said:

And this made me laugh:
    I have never heard of such a thing. Are they like corsages? I don't get it.

• MomtobeNJ said:
    hmp1 said:

And this made me laugh:
    I have never heard of such a thing. Are they like corsages? I don't get it.

It is like corsages but it's for homecoming.  The couple wears it to school the friday before.  The guys wear theirs on an armband and the girls on their shirt, like a corsage.  They are giant and have lots of ribbons and plastic charms, usually about school activities you're involved in.  Oh, and a teddy bear.  Ugh.  Our school colors were maroon and white.  I always thought they were hideous.

• Huh. Interesting. I can't believe the guys actually walk around with that on.

• hmp1 said:
    bahahaha
    Possibly the worlds largest mum....EVER.
    STOP IT.

• So the couples give them to each other?

Does that mean the guy is making one of those big gaudy things?
    You can order them at florists and grocery stores.  Or make your mom do it.  The bigger and more obnoxious it was, the better.  I remember girls sitting in class that kept having to readjust it to get it out of their way to do their work or keep people from stepping on it in the aisle.
  • hmp1 said:
    bahahaha
    Possibly the worlds largest mum....EVER.

I think this pic was taken at my old school.  I'm having flashbacks.
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    So the couples give them to each other?

Does that mean the guy is making one of those big gaudy things?
    I think the moms do a lot of it. You can also buy them already made. One of my TX friends has a son in high school and he helped her make his girlfriend one.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I think it's kinda cool. I would have enjoyed it in high school. If I had a boyfriend and homecoming haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"