Secondary IF

Is this the right board for me?

Hello! 
 I had my first baby in February 2013 after trying for 2 years. Before we had our first child the doctor told us to buy a lottery ticket, because we would have better luck winning that than conceiving. DH and I have been trying for baby #2 for 7 months now (I'm crazy to want them so close in age, I know). I have severe PCOS and long cycles, and DH's latest SA still reads sperm morphology 1%. I stopped ovulating again about three months ago, and I am on my second round of clomid. I hope it works. I took it when I was TTC my first and it didn't. This time around, I have hubby "beefed up" on vitamins that are supposed to help. So, I am just looking for some support and ready and able to give support. If this isn't the right board for me, then please point me in the right direction. Thanks!
--Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --

Re: Is this the right board for me?

• Your situation sounds similar to mine.  I also have PCOS and had my son in Jan '13 and have now been ttc #2 for a year.  I'm just now weaning my son, so I'm barely able to really get back in the game with meds, but I have been doing holistic remedies since last spring.  

Love the name Paxton.
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • I also have PCOS and had my DD in Jan 13. We also have some MFI, so we did IVF to conceive DD and just did a FET cycle in hopes of number 2.

Welcome!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck!

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Yep, you are definitely in the right place. Welcome, and good luck!
    Children Mentioned!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Assisted Conception tickers
  • Thanks Ladies!

what kind of holistic remedies are you using?
    --Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
  • I do infusions which are like teas, but you make them overnight.  There is this really hippy looking midwife on youtube named Susan Weed who has a bunch of tutorials on how to make and use your infusions.  The ones I'm using are listed in my siggy.  I also have some bottles of those herbs in capsule form for the times when I just can't sip another drop of nettles!  

Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Welcome to the board! I really hope your stay is short and sweet, none of us really want to be here! Good luck with your Clomid cycle! Fingers crossed for you!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Thank you ladies!

• welcome!

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Welcome :) I don't think you are crazy for trying again so soon. I think it's smart because it's not like fertility gets better with time. Plus your babies will be closer in age and have kids of fun together. I have a friend who decided to do the same thing because she wasn't sure how long it would take to get pregnant. Her girls are 13 months apart. It's fun to see them together.
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

• Welcome! I hope you're stay here is short!
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Welcome! My son was born Oct '12 and we have been trying since January '13. Just started my first round of meds this past week. Good luck! 
    .Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarried twins from our first IUI cycle. D&C on August 14th, 2014
    Second IUI cycle: BFP
    Beta #1 (13dpiui): 74 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 505 Beta #3 (18dpiui): 1205
    First Ultrasound- 6w2d 110BPM! Our baby has a heartbeat!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Good luck to you ladies too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"