Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Recommend your sippy cup (for milk)

We use the Nuby soft spout sippy cups for milk because you can see through them.  But DS has been gnawing on the spout so much that pieces are breaking off and the hole is now huge.  (We have thrown out the really bad spout).  We need something that we can see through for milk and pretty spill proof would be nice!

Please recommend!

(We use Playtex insulator cups for water with a hard spout and no handles).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: Recommend your sippy cup (for milk)

• have you tried the nuby with the straw?
    DSC_0214
  • We do have that, but it is really hard to get liquid out!  I would prefer a non-straw cup.  I ordered the Gerber Graduates hard spout from Amazon...we'll see how that goes!  He doesn't need a 10oz sippy cup for milk though...wish they made a shorter sippy cup w/o handles.  I know....so picky!  :)

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Why can't he use a straw to drink from?  Sippy cups are not actually recommended.  Straw cups are better for development.  We use the take and toss cups for milk and I just use a regular straw so they can chew on them and then we throw them away.  Easier to clean too.
  • I use the take and toss spout cups for milk he does leak a little if you knock it over. But we only use it in the mornings for milk.

Also we love the nuk active cup. It was my sons first cup and he still loves it. It has a soft spout which he likes better than a hard one but he's chewed on it for so long and has never gotten a hole in it. And it also has almost never leaked:)
  • Mine won't take a straw. I had a ton of those Nuby's but they leak like crazy. I'm replacing them all with the Munchkin kind. Similar style, the kind that the baby bites to release the milk.

• We have the Boon spout and like it a lot. Boon actually sent it to me as a replacement for their straw cup, which leaked like crazy, but the sippy spout is great. I actually hate using our straw cups for milk because I feel like I can never get the straw clean enough, so I just use them for water. I only offer milk at meal times though, and give LO water anytime.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also use the take and toss cups
  • I just bought some Tommee Tippee Truly Spill Proof cups for my little girl and she does well with milk and water with them.  They are a little pricey but I got them at Babies R Us with a 20% off coupon this past weekend.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I use Munchkin Mighty Grip sippies. I have some with a silicone spout and some with a straw. DS is also a big chewer and I've never had a problem. I had to replace one spout but that was my fault. I managed to rip it while trying to clean it.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We use take-and-toss straw cups for water.  And OXO trainer cups for milk.
  • Monkeybird84Monkeybird84 member
    edited April 2014
    I use the munchkin click-lock cups with my son. He chews on the spouts, and I had the same problem with the nuby cups leaking and him destroying the spouts, but the spouts on the munchkin cups must be better quality or something because he's been using one for about 7 months now and still no leaks unless my mother doesn't put the lid on right.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    photo 9df49095-cf0f-4192-a338-7695f445291a_zps876ddeb4.jpg
  • Nuby makes a short see-through cup with a straw (holds ~6-7 oz), but it does have handles.  My little guy loves it.  I have noticed that I need to suck on it when we get a new one just to get the holes opened up.  After that the cup works great. 

;

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"