July 2014 Moms
Options

How far along are we?

Ok so do you go with your due date and count the months to say how far along you are or do you go with the chart below???

Re: How far along are we?

• Options
    If I go by the chart, I'm 6 months along. I'll take it!! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Going by the chart I've officially hit the 3rd trimester!! Woo hooo  :D

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Going by the chart, I'm 6 months!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in my last week of 6mos & 2nd tri!! This Saturday is going to be a game changer!

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    Agree with @cookieinva, though I've been saying, "about six months" when people ask how far along I am for the past week or so. Before that, it was "about five and a half months". I figure most people don't really know weeks so I like to keep it easy for them. And TBH, I don't really care which tri I'm in. Doesn't make much of a difference to me.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I'm 26 weeks so I consider myself 6 months an have been for the past 4 weeks. Next week I will be 7 for another 4 weeks. I try not to complicate it to much. No one really asks how many weeks you are unless they have been pregnant themselves. I try to keep things simple. :D
  • Options
    I've have told people how many weeks I am and I get blank stares... the about this month statement is way easier for most folks. But I agree I read this as I am IN the 6 month. So close, yet so far..

• Options
    I go by weeks, but if I go with months for whatever reason I use the chart listed.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Going by my due date I'm 26 weeks along as of last Friday.

• Options
    I'm due at the end of July, therefore I'm 6 months at the end of April :) I'm 23 weeks now so I'm "in" my sixth month but I'm not 6 months pregnant. I'm technically 5 months pregnant and some change. I'm not going to say I'm 9 months pregnant when I hit 36 weeks. I'll be beginning my ninth month of pregnancy, but I'm not 9 months pregnant. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• Options
    I think it's so much more exciting to say what trimester it sounds such a relief to say third trimester! But unless I'm talking to people who haven't had a baby I say I'm 6 months (I am 25 weeks) this charts great though!!
  • Options
    I just go by weeks, but it's nice to see I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant now! (In my 6th month.) Feeling and looking like I'm 8 months along, but that goes with the territory I guess.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    6 months according to that chart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Options
    When people ask, I tell them how many weeks I am, but they're starting to say, "I don't know what that is, how many months are you?" 8-| So I usually say that I'm "about" whatever. At 23 weeks, I don't feel right saying that I'm six months pregnant, because I'm really not! I didn't realize how complicated all of this was before I was pregnant haha. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    Ok, then I'm just a week into my 6th month. I'll still take it :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh hey! I'm 6 months. Whoa damn. When did that happen? Clearly I've just been keeping track by weeks.
  • Options
    I'm due at the end of July, therefore I'm 6 months at the end of April :) I'm 23 weeks now so I'm "in" my sixth month but I'm not 6 months pregnant. I'm technically 5 months pregnant and some change. I'm not going to say I'm 9 months pregnant when I hit 36 weeks. I'll be beginning my ninth month of pregnancy, but I'm not 9 months pregnant. 
    Exactly.  If people think they are 6 months pregnant right now prior to 26 weeks, that means they would be 10 month pregnant at 40 weeks.  Nobody is ever 10 months pregnant.  Unless you are a whale.
    But people still think this. LOL

• Options
    I've only been keeping track by weeks, and even though I know that people who have not had babies (or even people who have not had babies recently) don't know what the number of weeks mean and/or don't care, I keep blurting out the number of weeks when people ask.  I've also tried the 
    "about halfway" approach or just telling people when I'm due so I don't just get blank stares.  

I'm starting my 7th month on Wednesday!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't understand why the weeks is so confusing for people... I told my aunt how many weeks I was and she was like I don't know what that means... she has been pregnant twice.

Well, it might depend on how old she is. I don't think pregnancy was always measured in weeks. Like my mom's pregnancies were not measured in weeks, that wasn't how they did it back then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In the last week of the sixth month. Still second trimester. But I'm not gonna gripe, because I'm alternating being done with pregnancy (I'm uncomfortable often) and not-quite-ready-yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I just go by what I have left. Im due July 25th, so June 25th Ill be 8 months, May 25th Ill be 7, and April 25th Ill be six. Its just easier since the weeks dont line up. So Im barely 5 months right now. Still seems like a lot!
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been telling people how many weeks I have left versus how many weeks I am. When I say I'm 23 1/2 weeks along I get want-to-slap-them comments like "Are you sure you're not due sooner?" or "Wow, you're huge!" When people hear I have 16 1/2 wks left which is the exact same thing just said differently, I get "Wow, coming up quick!" or "Not too much further, wow." and none of the want-to-punch-them comments. People are crazy when it comes to what they say to pregnant people. Shocks me how a little word play can tame the craziness.

May try the six month bit according to that chart next. Although I would feel a little strange saying I was nine months for four weeks...
  • Options
    TG07TG07 member
    I prefer saying 27 weeks but 7 months might make it easier for all the random people who ask me how far along I am, though I'm not a fan because I have 3 months left. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use weeks with people who I feel know what that means, close family and friends who are or have been pregnant before. With just causal questions from co-workers or acquaintances I just use basically what is on that chart for months. If someone currently asks me how far along I say 6 months. It's just easier.

image image   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

BFP#1 9/25/10 DD born 6/9/11
    BFP#2 8/1/13 MC 8/31/13
    BFP#3 11/2/13 EDD 7/15/14 Stick baby Stick
    1st u/s 11/26/13 at 7w, measuring right on track and a heartbeat of 139bpm
    NT Scan 1/6/14 at 12w 6d, normal healthy squirmy baby measuring right on track heartbeat of 147bpm
    1st 2nd tri Scan 2/3/14 at 16w 6d, very healthy baby BOY!
    A/S 3/4/14 still a very healthy BOY, measuring right on track!
    DS born 7/9/14

All always welcome

• Options
    Oh hey! I'm 6 months. Whoa damn. When did that happen? Clearly I've just been keeping track by weeks.

Stuck in the gray...
    This was exactly my reaction! Damn! We are over half way there!
    image.
  • Options
    I'm 23 weeks & 7 days today so tomorrow I will be 24 weeks!
  • Options
    I have been going by how long I have left. So right now I say that I'm in my 6th month when people ask months. Otherwise I will say how many weeks along I am.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I will be 27 weeks on Thursday and right now I just say "almost 7 months" this is my first pregnancy and when I would ask other pregnant people before this and they would tell me in terms of weeks I had no idea and did not want to do the math to figure it out. I think it's easier for everyone to just say months unless I'm talking to my doctor or another medical profession. It is always driven me crazy when people say their kid is 30 some months old just say they are 2 1/2 or three.
  • Options
    At this point, I follow the chart and round up for anyone asking.
  • Options
    Knowing the babies will be here early by three weeks at least I have started to just say I have three months left. I think I am going to stay with the month thing from now on :)
  • Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    edited April 2014
    I've always gone by weeks with pregnancy.  I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow :).

**and once again, that's what pregnancy does to you.  I'm in the wrong birth month...off to June I go.
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    fsumom said:

I've always gone by weeks with pregnancy.  I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow :).

**and once again, that's what pregnancy does to you.  I'm in the wrong birth month...off to June I go.
    Hilarious. I was SO thrown for a moment there. Get outta here lady! ;)
  • Options
    I am 24 weeks and in 2 1/2 weeks I will start my 7th month. Thats how I see it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"