D.C. Area Babies

Inova Childbirth Prep vs. Childbirth Express?

I know that several people here have taken childbirth preparation classes through one of the Inova hospitals.  Did any of you choose the one-day Childbirth Express class instead of the four-class Childbirth Preparation class?  I'm afraid that it will be tough for DH to get out of work in time four weeks in a row to go to the Childbirth Preparation class, which is offered this spring only on weekday evenings at all of the locations.  There are some weekend dates for the Childbirth Express class, and I'm leaning toward that option.  (We'd separately sign up for a maternity tour, a baby care class and probably a breastfeeding class.)  Based on the description, the Childbirth Express class seems sufficient, but I'd love to hear about others' experiences. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Inova Childbirth Prep vs. Childbirth Express?

• We took the Express class and it was perfect for what we needed.  If it helps, both of us were clueless about childbirth, so if it prepared us enough, I think it would be sufficient preparation for most people.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • We took a weekend class.  It was all day both days, but it was nice to get it over with on a weekend and not in the evenings when I was tired from being at work all day.  We learned a lot in the class, but I think DH got more out of it than I did.  I had read books and read a lot on the internet, and of course the Nest.  :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"