July 2014 Moms

Random thread- for all things random.

Re: Random thread- for all things random.

• MBF thread was just reactivated with a call out. I can't wait to see how this plays out image
    Oops! I saw it pop back on the front page and posted something after that call out post. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MBF thread was just reactivated with a call out. I can't wait to see how this plays out image
    Well, the callout is amusing, but I'm glad I popped over there, I had some responses to my vent that actually really helped.  Thanks for the redirect, @literachick
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
    Well, the callout is amusing, but I'm glad I popped over there, I had some responses to my vent that actually really helped.  Thanks for the redirect, @literachick
    Okay, so I just went to the work bathroom to take a full body, face and all, HDBD pic just for you. Looked in the mirror and turned around and left. LOL. Maybe next week. I apparently got dressed in the dark today. My cami under my open shirt is too short and has basically become a crop top. Which I didn't notice because of the full panel of my maternity pants. Good thing I work behind a desk... 
  • jnnfrrose6jnnfrrose6 member
    edited April 2014
    I had one on Saturday.  DH bought me a package of 3 and that was #2.  When I got home he told me I could schedule more if I wanted to.  Why would he even ask?!?  Now to just look at my calendar and figure out the dates :)
    ****Quotes are not my friend today*** I would totally take advantage of that! I plan to get one a week before the baby is due as well...
    ***Quotes aren't working for me either*** I did that last pregnancy. Woke up the next morning in labor.
    Okay, so I just went to the work bathroom to take a full body, face and all, HDBD pic just for you. Looked in the mirror and turned around and left. LOL. Maybe next week. I apparently got dressed in the dark today. My cami under my open shirt is too short and has basically become a crop top. Which I didn't notice because of the full panel of my maternity pants. Good thing I work behind a desk... 
    OMFG.  I just started laughing my ass off at this, only to end up peeing a little onto the couch.  Wow.  Thanks, buddy!  :-) 
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

• @TallMomma29‌ I did something similar to DH when I found out I was pregnant. I sent him this text and he immediately called me in shock.
    Ignore the rest of the text feed. Random junk.
  • @Artistmom30, that is funny that our message were so similar!  I wasn't completely sure because mine was really faint too.  I had also promised DH that I would never show him an actual pregnancy test to tell him I was pregnant because he was kind of grossed out by the idea of me showing him something I peed on.  Then, I not only sent him that text, I stopped to pick up another test on the way to work, and texted him a picture of a second positive from the work bathroom.  After calling me, he texted back "Did you wash your hands?"  ;-)

• TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited April 2014
    @TallMomma29‌ I did something similar to DH when I found out I was pregnant. I sent him this text and he immediately called me in shock. Ignore the rest of the text feed. Random junk.
    I didn't think I was pregnant the month I got pregnant due to some bleeding, but my hair stylist had been talking about being pregnant so I just couldn't get the idea out of my head. I had errands to run after my hair appointment that day but I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate until I took a HPT and saw the negative because, you know, what if? My first stop was Wal-Mart so I bought a digital HPT and just did the test in a stall there to get it out of the way. Except it was positive. So then there was some random hyperventilating, a sprint out of Wal-Mart, a crazy drive home and then me bashing through the door and just throwing the positive test down on the counter while blabbering and doing some more hyperventilating.

Not very romantic or cute at all. But at least my hair looked good.
    Haha I took the test just to prove to myself that I was NOT pregnant too.  I practically threw out my neck when I caught the faint second line out of the corner of my eye, because my reaction was basically this:   :-O

ETA: the bolded is so funny!

• Prince George (the baby) is super cute.
    @Katieryan13 - he is *so* cute.  I want to snuggle him and those adorable cheeks so, so bad. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TallMomma29 After that test, I planned on waiting a bit to take another one. But I couldn't wait. When DH got home from work, I told him I was going to go get a digital test to know once and for all. So I did. I came home, took the test, and it immediately popped up "pregnant". I came out of the bathroom, showed him and he started chuckling out of shock. I was shocked too bc I wasn't having any symptoms.  
  • DH told me he was kind of bummed I didn't tell him in a cuter way, and that when I called he was in the middle of a crowded elevator.  I promised that if we have a third, I'll go all out.  Maybe skywriting.  Too much?! ;)  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nola 1017 said:
    DH told me he was kind of bummed I didn't tell him in a cuter way, and that when I called he was in the middle of a crowded elevator.  I promised that if we have a third, I'll go all out.  Maybe skywriting.  Too much?! ;)  
    I just laughed out loud and freaked out my dogs.  Too funny!

Maybe we need a separate thread for people to share their unromantic reveal stories.   The cute/romantic reveal stories are great and all, but all of these straightforward ones are cracking me up!  

• nola 1017 said:

DH told me he was kind of bummed I didn't tell him in a cuter way, and that when I called he was in the middle of a crowded elevator.  I promised that if we have a third, I'll go all out.  Maybe skywriting.  Too much?! ;)  

I said the same, but still ended up waking DH at 5am shoving a pregnancy test in his face and crying hysterically. I had already bought a ton of "baby" candy to tell him in a cute way because I thought I was pregnant a couple months before. But no, I couldn't be bothered to wait long enough for him to wake up. ;) It's just one of those things that can't wait!

And FTR, since everyone seems to be sharing, I only took a test to prove that I wasn't pregnant this time as well. I just bought an $.88 cheapie at Walmart the day before because AF was a few hours late. Boy what a surprise!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• jensaviccijensavicci member
    edited April 2014

nola 1017 said:

PW: I stubbed my toe this morning, and I can still barely walk on it.  It isn't swollen really but I'm starting to wonder if I f'ed it up.  If I broke it, my boss is going to think I'm a total flake.  Since starting this job last May, I have ((1)  had a colonoscopy, (2) followed by internal bleeding requiring an emergency colonoscopy and 2 blood infusions, (3) gotten pregnant, (4) diagnosed with placenta previa and gone on modified bed rest, (5) had a bleeding incident and was hospitalized while pregnant; (6) fell at court and landed on my stomach requiring me to go to the hospital because they thought I fractured my hand, (7) started bleeding two days after the fall and had to go to L&D overnight; (8) found out that I had a joint bleed into my wrist b/c of the fall and had to wear a brace for 4 weeks; and now (9) stubbed my toe so hard I can't walk.  I'm a hot mess.  

cheese and rice woman! You need a bubble!
    ------------------------------------

Cheese and rice? Lol that's a new one. Thought it was cheese and crackers.
  • ^I think @jensavicci that's a reference to the cheese & rice SN who ripped up to her cl!t (bumping from work).  That horror story was in the tear or episiotomy thread.  God, I hope I don't have a cheese and rice story for this delivery. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh I totally POAS just to prove I wasn't KU.  Even while peeing, I was like Nah, this sucker is going to be negative and DH is going to be pissed I wasted $25.00 on freaking tests.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to the Verizon store with the intention of buying a new wall and car charger and an otterbox for my note 2.  I ended up leaving with a new phone that ended up being less expensive than the other 3 things would have cost altogether.  And switched to a cheaper plan.

While congratulating myself on the good deal, I forgot that I hadn't backed up my pictures.  Just about every picture of DD's life was on that phone.  (I have clusters of pics in other places, but not altogether - probably a really bad plan, but there you have it)  I called the store in a panic and luckily they hadn't wiped the phone yet. 

The guy who sold me the phone had an 18 month old and a 2 year daughter so he was great with DD while I was in the store and his helpfulness extended to getting all of my pics off of my old phone so I could pick the memory card later.

I might just put all of the pics in a private online album...or just get them all printed up at Walmart and make some traditional photo albums.

I was certainly thanking my lucky stars yesterday!

Yikes! That is so lucky! I back up all of my photos to flickr and I also keep a copy on my computer AND on an external hard drive. Plus, I never ever erase memory cards.  I treat them like film that is exposed. I am weird!

Yes, though, back up your photos!

• abchittam said:
    I said the same, but still ended up waking DH at 5am shoving a pregnancy test in his face and crying hysterically. I had already bought a ton of "baby" candy to tell him in a cute way because I thought I was pregnant a couple months before. But no, I couldn't be bothered to wait long enough for him to wake up. ;) It's just one of those things that can't wait! And FTR, since everyone seems to be sharing, I only took a test to prove that I wasn't pregnant this time as well. I just bought an $.88 cheapie at Walmart the day before because AF was a few hours late. Boy what a surprise!
    Add me to the list of people that took a pregnancy test to prove it was negative. I was 5 days late and felt like I was going to get my period at anytime.
    hi

• Cheese and rice, torn clit?

*tries hard to put two and two together* lol I missed that story.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nola 1017nola 1017 member
    edited April 2014
    I *think* the girl who came to share her horror story has a bump name of cheeseandrice. I guess I was more scarred by that story than I realized.  I've never heard of Cheese and Rice as a substitute for Jesus Christ. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just stumbled upon this gif and I can't stop staring at it

O_O
    Where does Emma's hair go? And why can't I look away?
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • With my PGAL brain and being told I couldn't conceive, I tended to get VERY emotional around pregnant women.  It was a VERY touchy subject for me and my SO was well aware of how deeply it affected me.  We had tried for a few years with no luck and had recently gone back on birth control, so figured a pregnancy was out of the question for now. 

He's a huge tech geek and I thought it would be cute to tell him by putting a picture that said "Expecting a Baby!" as the background on my iPad.  He came home from work and I told him there was something up with my iPad, I needed him to check it out.  

He looks at the screen and a look of horror comes over his face.  ::cue my confusion::  He looks up at me with panic and says, "Baby, I'm SO sorry.  I don't know how this got on here."  I said "Did you read it?"  
    "Yes, and I'm so sorry.  Let me put my things down and I'll try to fix it."  
    "But did you read it?" (with exaggerated knowing look).
    "Honey, I promise, I'll MAKE IT GO AWAY." 

Apparently, he thought I had gotten some wacky iPad virus and that the worst possible thing was stuck on my screen.  He said later he thought our entire week was ruined because I'd be in tears.

"Sweetheart, WHAT does the pretty iPad screen say?"
    "Expecting a baby, I know."
    ::suggestive eyebrow wiggle::
    "Wait.... wait.... WHAT?!?!?!!?!?!?  ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?"

I waited until later to point out that his first comment was essentially that our baby is a virus or parasite and that his first thought was to make it go away.  I tell him not to go all Rhett Butler on me to "take care of it".  ;-) 
    LOVE this. <3 Best! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I guess this testing convo is one of the things people get pissed about us putting in the random thread, huh? Oh well!
  • edited April 2014

Haha. With DD I was a bottle and a half of wine in the night I took the test. It came up a faint positive and I ran out to show DH. We thought since the line wasn't as dark it was questionable. The next morning I took another test that very very quickly read pregnant!

*warning I don't know if this will upset one of your lovely ladies who dealt with IF, but just in case it might, just know it might because I don't want to upset anyone*

Since our first reveal was so random I really wanted to do something special for DH for this one. I wanted to find a cute way to tell him. However I was so relieved  to find out I was pregnant because my crazy anxiety had me convinced that I was not going to be able to get pregnant again since it was so easy with DD. After hearing about a lot of people who got pregnant without trying with their first and could not get pregnant with their second I was certain that was going to happen to us. I was sick and in tears over it many times. I know it seems silly, but logic has no place in the world of anxiety.

So, with this one I tested three days before my missed period. Since I had been pregnant before I sort of knew what my symptoms were. As soon as I saw the second line (it was faint, but not a squinter - definitely there) I freaked out and started hopping up and down squealing. I called him at work to tell him because I could not wait another minute without him knowing.

• @zarkarella

People have time to get mad about what people talk about on the random thread? Wow I has no idea :)
  • From a former coworker today: "Aw, hi pregnant lady! I didn't think it was possible for you to get fat!" Smile, sigh, walk away...

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"