Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Does your baby sleep on back or tummy in crib during night? Do you allow blankets/loveys in crib?

Curious to see how rebellious you all are ;)

Re: Does your baby sleep on back or tummy in crib during night? Do you allow blankets/loveys in crib?

• Options
    I put LO in his crib on his back with his wubanub. He sometimes rolls on his side. No blankets or anything else in the crib yet. I'm a pediatric critical care nurse and have seen too many LOs come through
  • Options
    My LO sleeps on her back and a light blanket tucked around her. She likes that "snug as a bug feeling". She sleeps with a little stuffed animal too. She cuddles with it every night. Great for travelling too because she has something from home with her and she sleeps like a dream no matter where we go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is rebellious against back sleeping. I've put him to sleep on his back from day 1 but he loves to sleep on his side and on his stomach. I haaate that he loves his stomach because he's like my husband and likes to burrow his face in the mattress. Definitely heart attack inducing for me at times.

He has a lovey that he adores but otherwise nothing in th crib and he sleeps in a sleepsack.
    BFP#1 10.03.11| Chemical Pregnancy 10.11.11.
    BFP#2 11.13.11| diag@13wks T21/Cystic Hygroma/Hydrops | D&C 1.24.12
    BFP#3 12.13.12| HR 174 | Materni21 - All Chromosomes Normal! | EDD 8.25.13
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • Options
    On her back, in a magic sleep suit with a handmade, knit blanket over her legs. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Usually, I place her on her back, but she immediately rolls to her side. At this age, she is so mobile, it really doesn't matter how I place her in the crib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I place LO on his back when I put him down. He flips onto his belly and usually sleeps with his hands under him and his bum up in the air- and he toots all night long.

We use a sleep sack and only put the binkie in the crib with him.

However for naps in the crib, which can be horrible, I will give him his giraffe lovey to cuddle. He pulls things off his face so I am not concerned about it covering his face. I do keep a closer eye on the monitor though when he has it in the crib. 
  • Options
    I always place DD on her back and she always rolls to her stomach. I hate it, but even if you flip her back she just rolls over again immediately. No blankets or loveys.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    DD is 6.5 months.  She goes down on her back with a sleepsack and a pacifier.  In the past 10 days she's started to roll consistently from her back to her stomach in the middle of the night and she either sleeps on her stomach or side.  She moves SO much during her sleep.  

Naptime she gets her seahorse in the corner of the crib, a blanket over her, and her wubbanub.  
  • Options
    LO sleeps wearing a halo sleepsack and is placed on her back. If she is going to roll over it is only to her side. She hasn't ever tried sleeping on her stomach other than when she was younger and would fall asleep on my chest. In the morning around 4 when she wakes up to eat I will lay her back down with her lovey and she will play with it until she falls asleep and wakes around 6.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    5.5 months and she sleeps on her stomach with a Snuza. Nothing else in the crib. If i put her in her back she immediately rolls over on her tummy.
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    We always put him down on his back, but he always rolls to his stomach. No blankets or loveys in the crib.
  • Options
    DD moves so much in her crib, she is all over the place.  I put her down on her back but she will roll onto her side.  Usually I find her on her back.  I have a blanket in there with her now.  I am comfortable with that since she moves so much and she loves holding the blanket to her face and rubs her face on it.  
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    DS likes sleeping on his side best and hates laying flat. I put a boppy in there then cover it with a blanket. He lays his head on the top of it and the rest of his body is at a slant. He will sleep through the night. We haven't put him in a crib yet, he is still in the pack and play right next to our bed. He cannot stand being on his stomach and will sometimes sleep on his back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I lay him on his back, but he instantly flips to his belly and goes to sleep. He has two loveys in there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I lay him on his back and he usually stays on his back or rolls to his side. I've only seen him sleeping on his stomach once and if he rolled there I would let him stay there. He has a lovey and a wubanub, neither of which he uses. He's in a sleepsack and seems to use that as a lovey.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nighttime in halo sleep sack with lovey (she HAS to have that) and wubbanub. Naps same items plus a fisher price aquarium thing that straps onto the crib. Lights up and plays music. She looks and touched it until she falls asleep. Love that thing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LO sleeps in her crib on her tummy with a breathable blanket and a lovey.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We place LO to sleep on his back. He immediately rolls to his stomach and sleeps that way the entire night. He can roll both ways. Sometimes I find him with his face directly in the mattress. We use a sleep sack at night and a blanket for naps.

• Options

Pacifier is his lovey :)

• Options
    My LO is alittle over 6 months and he just started sleeping in his crib.  I put him down on his back, he either stays on his back or lays alittle on his side.  I but Sophie the giraffe teether in the crib with him.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Our 6mo daughter sleeps in my bed, shares my blankets if it's really chilly, and sleeps on her back or side, depending on how she moves. I make sure the blankets are off of and away from her face and if she moves to her side at night, I roll her back onto her back. She has a favorite blanket she sleeps with and up until about a month ago, we'd swaddle her in it. She's stopped enjoying swaddling at night and prefers her blanket draped over her like everyone else.
  • Options
    DS is 7 months and he's been rolling to his stomach since 5 months.  I can't keep him on his back, so I put him down on his stomach now.  He sleeps with his fists tucked under his face and his bum in the air.  No blankets or loveys, he's in footie pajamas and a light sleep sack (it's nearing 90 degrees in Phoenix AZ now, so the AC is kicking in!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"