September 2014 Moms

Feeling Baby Movement

Hey y'all --

I'll be 17 weeks on Monday and I'm eager to start feeling the baby.  I've heard a lot of people say it feels like a butterfly or popcorn, but I'd love to hear what y'all are feeling.  I'll admit that these last few days I feel like there's something moving down there but I don't feel confident that it's the baby. I just have a weird pressure/feeling every once in a while, but again I might just be hoping it's the baby.  I've heard most first time moms don't feel the baby until around 20 weeks, so I know I could be a little early.  I'd love to hear what y'all are feeling.

Ashley
www.coffeecakeandcardio.com

Re: Feeling Baby Movement

• LM915LM915 member
    With my first, I started feeling movement around 16 weeks. This time around I started feeling a little bit right at 15 weeks, but it's definitely not consistent and I really need to pay attention.

I felt the "popcorn" feeling with my first but not with this baby. This time around what I'm feeling is more like flutters or little pokes.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • With my first, I started feeling her around 18-19 weeks. With this wee one, in this past week, I've been convinced that I felt a flutter (currently at 17 weeks), but my doc said that because my placenta is in the front, I may not feel her for a little while longer...I dunnooooooo, it sure doesn't feel like gas heheh
    ~All are welcome~
    MC 23/01/2013 natural @ 7 Weeks

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been feeling the fluttering and popcorn feeling for the last few days. Since I'm a FTM I'm not for certain but there is no gas later so maybe! It happens quite a bit but only when sitting.

• With my first the first movements felt like butterflies...but I can't remember how far along I was for sure.

With this one I felt a very light kick (felt like a pop or muscle twitch) down below my belly button this past Wednesday morning and I felt two more that evening. Nothing new since, but that's normal. I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow.
  • I felt the baby rolling over or doing flips today when I turned onto my stomach in bed. I felt like I was crushing the poor kid lol

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Just a few days ago, right after 16 weeks. It feels like a twitch, sort of like if you've ever had an eyelid twitch. It also feels a little bit like a little goldfish or something making little taps :)

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
  • I first started feeling DD move around 18 weeks. Well, that's when I knew it was her. I may have felt something a bit earlier but didn't really know what it was.

I just started feeling this one move and I'm 16 weeks. It's mostly like little kicks and a few fluttery sensations. The flutters can be hard to distinguish between baby and gas, though. I've only felt it when I'm lying or sitting pretty still, mostly at night.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• yurizaba said:

Hello! are you new to the board? nice to meet you!

I've read that usually with first kids you won't really feel it until after week 19th, but who knows, you may get lucky :)
    Thanks Yuri! I was too excited to aw over feeling movement to notice this was a complete stranger who hadn't intro'd yet.

• 18 weeks tomorrow and I haven't felt anything yet. This is my first. No bump to show either. If my eyes didn't completely black out every time I stood up, I wouldn't know I was pregnant. :-( I'm hopeful I'll see/feel changes soon though!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm definitely feeling baby now. I felt my first at about 16 weeks. I've been feeling something for a couple weeks now, but I got a really obvious kick just this week. There's nothing else it could have been.

If I had to describe it to someone who didn't know what it felt like, I'd say it was like fish swimming against the inside of your skin.

That's how I always describe it too -- like a goldfish swimming :-). I didn't feel until 20 wks with first pregnancy (but I also found out at a/s that I had an anterior placenta), and I THINK I'm feeling it now... At about 16 wks.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • With DS, I felt flutters for the first time around 14 weeks, and think I first started to feel definite movement around 16 weeks.  The flutters felt like butterfly wings, and I think the movements started off as little pops or swooshy feelings.  I was feeling definite little jabs and such by 18 weeks, and DH felt him for the first time at 20 weeks.  

I am so anxious to feel movement this time!  I feel like I've possibly been feeling flutters for the last week but am waiting for that first definite 'pop' so I know for sure it's him!  
    IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I started feeling baby move around 15 weeks (baby 3). Now at almost 18 I feel it a lot more.
  • I'm in the same boat.  Since Thursday afternoon I've been having sort of a muscle twinge feeling going on.  I definitley notice it when I'm sitting still.  As a FTM I honestly have no idea what it is...

Married: 6/4/2005Start TTC early 2012 May 2013: PCOS Diagnosis August 2013: Uterine Septum Removal November 2013: 1st round clomid, ovidrel trigger December 2013: 2nd round clomid, ovidrel trigger, BFP!!! August 2014: Baby girl arrives! February 2016: Ready for #2 May 2016: starting again with clomid, ovidrel trigger June 2016:  BFP!!! EDD: 2/21/16

• I haven't felt anything yet...but I have an anterior placenta, so I don't expect to for another few weeks
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • With my first I felt her thump at 15 weeks 6 days.  Then I didn't feel anything consistent until 18-19 weeks.
  • I didn't consistently feel DS until 22-23 weeks. I think I first remember feeling the rolling type movement around 18 weeks with him. I had an anterior placenta so I think that played a roll.

This time I swear I have started feeling some movement if I still really still and focus. Alot of the times I just tell myself I am crazy, but who knows ha ha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• StacylaraeStacylarae member
    edited March 2014
    How many of you are feeling consistent movement? I thought I felt something then nothing for a few days. I felt a few movements last night, but nothing today. I'm trying to decide if it's just wishful thinking. Edited: mobile bumping fail.
  • I'm so jealous of all of you who are already feeling the baby move! My doctor told me that because of my dumb anterior placenta I will probably be delayed in feeling movement. But also, I'm a little freaked to know how I'll react. Pre-pregnancy feeling the baby move was one of my big pregnancy turn offs, but now that I'm pregnant I'm looking forward to it... until I freak myself out with how weird it might feel. 
  • I'm 18 weeks tomorrow w baby 3 and I think I've been feeling LO the past 2-3 days. Nothing strong or consistent yet but I love it <3
    image        image
  • DH was using his stethoscope from EMT school to check for the HB last weekend, and LO definitely kicked a couple of times.  He heard it, and I felt it.  I also have an anterior placenta, so it really surprised me that I felt anything.  
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

• I am only 14 weeks but Dr said on Friday usually you feel it sooner than your first.  Last night DS was asleep on top of me I swear I felt it last night for the first time.  It felt like what I felt with DS.  I feel like it had a lot to do with the pressure from my DS on my stomach though.  Such an awesome feeling.

• I have a tilted uterus so I didn't feel DD until about 22 weeks. Its the same this time, I'm so jealous of everyone who can feel rolls and butterflies. I always said it felt like little fish in your skin its the best way to describe it. Maybe it will be sooner this time, hopefully.
  • Since this is #1 I have no clue if it is baby- but it definitely feels like little bubbles.  I can feel it when I'm laying down at the end of the night...
  • This is my first LO and I first started feeling movement a couple of weeks ago (about 15 weeks along). It felt like butterflies and after a few days I figured that it had to be the baby moving.

It definitely feels stronger now (I'll be 18 weeks along on Thursday). I can't wait for DH to be able to feel it too.
    Melanie Noelle was born on 09.03.14
    Great Dane Mom to Duke & Hazzard

• wpatxwpatx member
    I am 15 weeks, and have experienced some dull moving pressure/dull muscle twitch feelings for about the last week.  I started noticing it in particular at nighttime when I would lay on my left side.  Or, if I am in my work chair and I lay back a little to recline, I can also occasionally feel it.  I'm pretty sure this isn't gas or any other stomach pain...I've never felt it before, it comes and goes, it's dull, and it feels sort of like there's just something there.  It also happens right where the heartbeat can be found.  Or maybe it's just all in my head :)

And just like that, while I was typing, I felt a dull little poke on my tummy.  So fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baby had hiccups this morning! I felt a flutter about every 4 seconds for several minutes :)
    imageimage
  • I felt a definite somersault last night. Nothing yet today
    View Full Size Image
  • It's wildly different for everyone. I didn't feel my first pregnancy ever ( it ended at 20 weeks) . I had very early feelings for the second and now this one as well. It has to do with placenta placement and I think just how your inside is. Also once you've had a kid - you know for sure what kicks really feel like...
    --------------
    PCOS , incompetent cervix, gestational diabetes, IVF graduate, with one ovary!
    1 angel baby due to a 20 week M/C thanks to IC
    1 ovary due to a benign tumor that crushed my ovary
    About 6 years of pointlessly POAS
    Proud mommy of a 2.5 year old  girl
    Currently pregnant with baby #2 surprise BFP -  Team Blue until proven otherwise

• I started feeling movement during my mid 16thweek. It's always when I'm sitting down. I've felt flutters before, but this was different. The first time I felt it was after a long walk with DH I sat down to rest at home and I felt three thuds. I knew it was the baby. I feel most movement a couple times a day now, some days more activity than others. It's always more towards the evening time. It's amazing I love the feeling of the twinges.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    <: center;">Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yesterday I came home from work feeling really down for no reason. Even my DH's hugs didn't do the trick like usual. Maybe it was the nasty weather we have been getting lately here in CA (which is much needed!!) or it was just hormones. Anyways, I settled down on the couch for some TV time and all of a sudden I felt what everyone described a fish swimming feeling movement. Even though I'm a FTM and have been unsure of sensations in the past, that totally killed the bad mood! I'm excited to start feeling more before too long =)

• I've been feeling small flutters here and there. I'm really looking forward to the definite kicks so I'm not questioning if it actually is baby. Sometimes I second guess myself on what it is so I can't wait until I know for sure it's a kick and for the hubs to feel it too!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited April 2014
    I'm wondering how everyone is doing these days with baby movements. I feel like an obsessed FTM wondering when I would feel something. All of last week I kept thinking, was that the baby or is it just digestion/gas? I was never 100% sure until yesterday morning and I felt a couple of kicks (and I was over the moon all day!) and have felt several more since. 

So far, they feel like muscle twitches to me. I also had the fish swimming sensation that everybody seems to be talking about. I was also surprised to feel them so low. I hadn't realized until looking up a diagram that the uterus doesn't even reach the belly button area until at least halfway. 

Edit: too excited to look over what I wrote 

• I've felt suspicious movements since about 15 weeks. I've been hesitant to call it baby movements because this is my first LO & I've never experienced it for sure.. but I'm pretty darn sure what I was feeling was indeed baby. Today I was using our ultrasound at work and was able to see and feel baby's active kicking(he doesn't like being squished by the probe).. it felt like butterfly/twitching sensations! hehe too cool hope you've gotten to feel your LO by now or if not, then soon!
  • AmandaR204AmandaR204 member
    edited April 2014
    With DS I felt light flutters at 20 weeks...with this one omg ladies....baby kicks me so hard I scream every time, and Im actually really startled. It's not all the time. Maybe on e a day I get an intense, strong kick that makes my stomach move..ive tried to write it off as gas but, I've never felt gas kick me like that, and below my belly button. For the most part I don't notice many flutters, but when I get those strong kicks, they send me flying out of my seat.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • I felt baby first time last saturday (16 w 5 days) felt almost like stomach gurgling or butterflies as some would say. Only way I could tell it was baby was I could only feel it when i was putting pressure on the right side where baby was (knew location from Doppler). He kept dancing around in that one spot for a while. We were at a blues festival so I'm pretty sure he's got his parents awesome taste in music. Oh and I say he because DH keeps calling it a he and now its just second nature. Only felt him once since then though. Can't wait till its a consistent feeling!
  • I'll be 17w on Friday and am not feeling anything. :/ I didn't feel DS1 until 22w or so with a tilted uterus, but have felt each one since a little earlier, so I'm bummed that I'm not recognizing any movement. Granted, I don't have a lot of "still moments" to focus either. ;)
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• I started feeling flutters about two weeks ago but haven't really felt much this past week.  I'm excited to feel more distint kicks these next few weeks!
  • aesorantinoaesorantino member
    edited April 2014
    I'm 18 weeks pregnant and feel my baby all the time, in fact, I wrote about what the sensation feels like in my April 4th post on my blog, you can check it out and compare notes:
    https://faithpregnancyandfamily.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"