December 2014 Moms
Options

High risk check in?

Hey gals! I know most of us may be FTM and unaware if you would be considered high risk, I also know there is a high risk board, but wondering if anyone is interested on a check in here on the board? If so, introduce yourself below! What number pregnancy? Diagnosis and reason for possible high risk pregnancy?
dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
  • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
  • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
  • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

Re: High risk check in?

• Options
    This is my second pregnancy. Considered high risk because of previous GD and current hypertension. Also developed postpartum pre-e after the birth of my first.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p

TTC #2

• Options
    This is my second baby as well. I am high risk due to my age (I'll be 38 when this one is born) and complications from the first. She was delivered via emergency c/s due to placental abruption, which can cause problems because of scar tissue.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my fifth pregnancy.. Hopefully my third baby. I am high risk due to an autoimmune disease that causes spontaneous m/c.. Being monitored closely.
    BabyFetus Ticker

6th pregnancy, 4th baby

BFP 12/08/2015

Beta #1 12/08/2015 (3097)

Beta #2 12/11/2015 (6033)

• Options
    2nd pregnancy also, I'm like a million % sure I will get GD again. I needed insulin with DD and i was so stressed out! Last pregnancy I had placenta previa 2nd tri, I hope I don't get that again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    kim1730kim1730 member
    edited April 2014
    This is my 3rd.  I was initially high risk with my other pregnancies due to a blood condition where my platelet count is very high.  Also had pre-e, placental abruption, and emergency c-section with my first.  I think this time  I will also be high risk due to age - will have just turned 35 by the due date.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy, hopefully second baby. I'm considered high risk because of my age (37) and some pretty serious fibroid issues. They got so bad during my first pregnancy that I had two surgeons during my planned c-section, one to deliver the baby and one to remove a tumor about the size of the baby that grew in my stomach during the pregnancy. I had an ultrasound done 4 months post deliver and they found 7 more fibroids. Doctor told me getting pregnant again would be very difficult, so I am even more thankful for this little one, but also a nervous wreck!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I will be considered high risk due to my age (40 now, 41 at birth).

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My story is almost identical to kimba1976 but I'm 39 and my doctors refused to remove my fibroids during my c section with DD. Afterwards they all shrunk. I'm hoping for a similar outcome this time.
  • Options
    My story is almost identical to kimba1976 but I'm 39 and my doctors refused to remove my fibroids during my c section with DD. Afterwards they all shrunk. I'm hoping for a similar outcome this time.
    I am not surprised. The only reason the doctor removed one of the larger fibroids I had is because it wasn't in my uterus; it was completely outside my uterus in my stomach. I would have had to be cut open again as it couldn't be removed lapryscopically. He wouldn't consider touching any of the other ones. No doctor, from what I understand, will do any type of work on your uterus during a deliver because you will bleed out. Even in my case I had to have several blood transfusions and had a very, very tough recovery. 

I'm happy to hear yours all shrunk after your pregnancy. Fingers crossed they won't cause you too much pain this time around!
  • Options
    Looks like a good amount of interest so far! I'll plan to post a weekly check in on Mondays beginning in a week or two. I'm sure there won't be much to post about in the early weeks, but hopefully we can be a good source of support for each other as we near the second and third trimesters when things can get a little scary with high risk issues. 

Keep the intros coming! :)

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p

TTC #2

• Options
    MaereMaere member
    I probably will be considered high risk because i have asthma and have seizures...

BabyGaga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    High-risk here. Third pregnancy, third baby. I have PCOS and was GD with both previous babies. I'll be 38 when this one is born, and I'm borderline diabetic. 

L&D went well for me both other times (both vaginal deliveries after being induced), so keeping my fingers crossed this time!
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    Assuming I will be high risk. FTP and 41. Also insulin resistant.
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• Options
    I am high risk. I have an IC and will get a cerclage.
  • Options
    This is my 3rd pregnancy, the first two resulted in a loss, this will be our first child... I am high risk due to multiple losses and low progesterone. I have been taking progesterone since 3/24/13. Which is the day after we found out we were expecting. We are hoping and praying that this lil beam sticks!! My first appt is tomorrow morning... I will be 6w1d!
  • Options
    MCH77MCH77 member
    I'm high risk due to age (37 in a month) and losses (including stillbirth in Jan). 

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    I'm high risk due to age (37 now, 38 at birth) and complications at the end of my previous pregnancy.  We'll be monitored closely and will do a repeat c-section.  This time I will schedule it instead of inducing, laboring for 12 hours, then having the c-section!  Also, this was a medicated cycle due to secondary IF, so we have a higher chance of multiples.

Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Baby number 2. I developed type 2 diabetes after the birth of my DS. I was already genetically predisposed and had GD with his pregnancy. Then I started having some other health issues and was prescribed steroids and boom...type 2. So here I am. High risk
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    Strange that so many of you are saying that you're considered high risk due to age. There is no reason that age should automatically make you high risk absent other factors.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    PennyLane26PennyLane26 member
    edited April 2014
    @Cheekers2010 - agreed, I am just going to give everyone a pass and include you all - you can't predict issues and for all we know everyone on this list is going to have a tough pregnancy (though I hope that's not the case!) but age and/or general infertility are not generally considered high risk unless coupled with other issues (i.e.: PCOS and GD or 35+ and hypertension). 

Please don't be offended! I have IF issues and have only conceived via IVF however that alone never dumped me into the high risk category.

This check-in is really to support those who will have extra monitoring, are on pregnancy-related meds and/or are on bed rest due to complications. I'm sorry if I wasn't more clear in my OP.

Also- as people progress in their pregnancy, I hope anyone who is dx with an issue doesn't hesitate to join late in the game!

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p

TTC #2

• Options
    Hey guys, I would like to join your board. I'm high risk because I have thrombophilia, (PAI 1 Gene mutation and am homozygous for MTHFR), hx of severe pre e with my first baby, and a previous c/s. I had blood clots when I was a teenager because of my thrombophilia. I am newly pregnant with my second pregnancy and hopefully second baby. I am on daily lovenox injections. I was induced with my daughter at 31wks, she ended up spending 5 wks in the NICU. I will be seeing MFM in addition to my ob, and am hoping this pregnancy goes smoother. I also recently had an early sono, and the Dr thought she might have seen a second gestational sac....so we will see later this week if it's twins or not...
  • Options
    @PennyLane26 - agreed! I just don't want mamas that are older (myself included) to feel that something must be wrong if they are older than 35. That is old school thinking and many OB'S no longer subscribe to the notion that mothers over 35 are high risk at all.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    @Cheekers2010 - agreed, I am just going to give everyone a pass and include you all - you can't predict issues and for all we know everyone on this list is going to have a tough pregnancy (though I hope that's not the case!) but age and/or general infertility are not generally considered high risk unless coupled with other issues (i.e.: PCOS and GD or 35+ and hypertension). 

Please don't be offended! I have IF issues and have only conceived via IVF however that alone never dumped me into the high risk category.

This check-in is really to support those who will have extra monitoring, are on pregnancy-related meds and/or are on bed rest due to complications. I'm sorry if I wasn't more clear in my OP.

Also- as people progress in their pregnancy, I hope anyone who is dx with an issue doesn't hesitate to join late in the game!
    I only see one poster who said they were high risk due to age without having some other factor. IF is not the only thing that will make you high risk.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Options
    My OB is considering my a HR just because my baby came 5 weeks early (for no apparent reason) So on the upside I get my first ultrasound at 8 weeks. Would like also to have a HR group
    Met my husband in 2002
    Married my Husband and Best Friend in 2006
    Our precious son born October 2011
    Found out pregnant with #2 in April 2014
    No Heartbeat found May 2014....
    D&E done May 30th 2014
    BFP 8/20/14 - EDD May 1st 2015! :)
    image"">
  • Options
    Checking in!  SLE, FVL, previous losses etc.  I go to my first high risk Dr appt next Thursday and I saw a midwife yesterday.  I'll be starting lovenox next week.  So excited to see my little seed on the screen!
    TTC since 10/2007.  PCOS/Lupus/<3 shaped uterus/Stroke/Factor V Leiden. 
    Early MC (4-5 weeks) 9/2002. 
    Natural MC (6 weeks) 6/28/2007. 
    BFP on 1st cycle Clomid 10/25/2011. EDD 7/4/2012. Missed MC 11/30/2011 (9 weeks). D&C 12/1/2011~Phoenix.
    Early MC (3-4 weeks) 1/2014
    BFP 4/4/2014!  EDD 12/10/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I am in and out a lot. Sorry! This is Dr. confirmed pregnancy #8. Hopefully baby #6 (and our last).

Baby #1-3 I had high BP. #1 was early (28 weeks) because of HELLP and PreE. I had PreE at the end with #2 but he did not come early. #3 they decided I had Anti E. I also have MTHFR. Although most of that is not why I am HR this time. I had 2 normal pregnancies with #4 and #5. #3 was pretty normal except for the BP and the Anti E proved to not be an issue since SO is e- ... So... The main reason I am HR now is because this is Csection #6 for me. The Dr. gave her ok for another kid after I had #5 but told me just to be safe, they will once again classify me as a high risk pregnancy due to the number of Csections.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Options
    High risk because of SLE, previous losses, and preterm labor/bed rest with DS. This is pregnancy #4 for me, hopefully baby #2!

@gleeorca -- glad to see another mommy with SLE! 

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Options
    With both of my previous pregnanciesi was high risk due to pre-e. I have not been to the Dr yet but I'm hoping this will not be a problem with this pregnancy but I'm guessing there will. .

BFP: 04/03/2014  EDD: 12/15/2014  HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I am high risk also. I lost my first baby at 20 weeks due to Inompetent ervix. Then I went on to have another loss, bilighted ovum. Then my preg with DS (8yrs old now) was a nightmare. biorunate uterus, the inompetent ervix, and MTHFR. I fought preterm labor from 12 weeks on. nurses visiting me at home, weekly dr appnts, full bedrest from 12 weeks until i delivered at 36 weeks. pumps in my leg injeting meds into me for preterm labor every few hours. plus more shots 2xs a day for the MTHFR. then fluid levels dropped and we had to do emergeny setion. it was a nightmare. we said we never wanted to do it again....but SURPRISE we're here again :) hoping to get in to see my perinatologist this week

10/16/04 ~ lost our first baby boy at 20 weeks due to IC

3/05 ~ another loss at 12 weeks

2/14/06 ~ Our sweet valentine miracle was born after a nightmarish 8 months!

Surprise Baby Boy, born sleeping at 31 weeks on 9/21/14

• Options
    5th pregnancy, developed GD & ICP last pregnancy. 
    Me-31
    DH-39
    DD1-11
    MMC @ 13 weeks- 12/8/08
    DD2- 3
    DD3- 1
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"