Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

XP - Talk to me about high chairs

Hi moms,
My little guy is only 3 months so we are a ways out still from solids, but I am starting to think about high chair shopping. (We didn't get one when he was born because it was a big-ticket item we figured we could hold off on.)  If you love your high chair, tell me why and what kind you have please! Thanks...

(XP to 9-12 Month board as well.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP - Talk to me about high chairs

• Options
    Kind of depends on what your needs are.  Are you looking for something compact/small/sits on  a regular chair?  If there's any chance you might have a second kid, I really love my Graco Blossom.  You can take the booster seat off from underneath the highchair seat and use them both at the same time, which comes in mega handy when you need both a highchair and a booster for a toddler :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    We have the Graco space saver. We love it. It can fold up quite thin, but it does not take up as much space as some when it is set up. I started putting DS in it a little before 4 months - he loved sitting upright and playing with toys on the tray.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @elmoali - Space isn't too much of an issue, fortunately. I just googled the Blossom and that looks pretty neat. We do plan to have a second in a year or two so it would come in handy not having to buy a booster seat down the road. Does the booster that comes with it sit on a regular chair? 

• Options
    @elmoali - Space isn't too much of an issue, fortunately. I just googled the Blossom and that looks pretty neat. We do plan to have a second in a year or two so it would come in handy not having to buy a booster seat down the road. Does the booster that comes with it sit on a regular chair? 
    Yes, it does.  There's a strap that goes underneath the chair to secure it :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    https://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/safety1st/feeding-boosters/deluxe-sit--snack---go-convertible-booster-bo060bap--1

We bought this one, since we heard so many complaints about the larger high chairs from friends/family. This is great since its portable and compact. We have a smaller size kitchen, too, so the larger ones weren't a great option anyhow for us. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have the stokke trip trapp and love it. You can use it for a really long time too.
  • Options
    We have a Chicco Polly - https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Double-Fabric-Highchair-Adventure/dp/B000UCCATW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1393125199&sr=8-5&keywords=chicco+high+chair

It is being used for its third child.  Has survived well, I think it's easy to clean.  Easy and convenient to slide off tray with one had.  I'd buy it again.  
  • Options
    We have a Chicco Polly Magic. It's nice, but it's a bitch to clean. I would suggest something like the Ikea or Boon high chairs.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a Chicco 360 leftover from DD1. It clips right onto the table/kitchen island. It collapses down to practically nothing and completely comes apart and can be thrown into the washing machine. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're at 7 months, started solids consistently around 6 months so take this for all of the experience that one month brings, but.... We still haven't gotten around to buying a high chair and are currently managing fine using DS' exersaucer, bumbo chair, and lap feeding. We're still looking to get a high chair for convenience sake - but in the end it has been possible to get by so far without one.
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    We have the Graco Slim Spaces. It folds up nicely in between uses but is slightly heavier than I would like to move around. Overall, it's a good high chair.
  • Options
    Joovy nook.  We love that it is really easy to wipe down, has a swing out tray, and folds to the size of a beach chair.  Also it is black fake leather so it doesn't add to the kid clutter around our house.  
  • Options
    beenbizzy said:
    We have a Chicco Polly - https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-Double-Fabric-Highchair-Adventure/dp/B000UCCATW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1393125199&sr=8-5&keywords=chicco+high+chair

It is being used for its third child.  Has survived well, I think it's easy to clean.  Easy and convenient to slide off tray with one had.  I'd buy it again.  

Meery82 said:
    We have a Chicco Polly Magic. It's nice, but it's a bitch to clean. I would suggest something like the Ikea or Boon high chairs.

I too have this high chair and while I do love the adjustments in height and being able to recline, I'm going to have to agree with @Meery82 bc it is hard to clean bc the fabric cannot be removed and washed. Wiping down will only accomplish so much. I purchased mine second hand for $20, but am considering getting rid of it for the Ikea one. Its all plastic make seems simple to clean

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Thanks for your responses and suggestions, everyone. We ended up finding a Chicco Polly on Craigslist for $30. LO is only 4 months so we haven't used it yet, but I'm happy with its cleanability and ease of use as far as recline/adjustments/etc. 

• Options
    I've previously recommended my joovy nook high chair. It's awesome bc it's a full size high chair but folds easily. When it's folded it can easily fit in a closet which makes it great for small spaces. I also have the fisher price deluxe booster seat and that one is awesome. It has a dishwasher safe tray and rather than washing the fabric on the seat a zillion times you can just spray it off. It's far more practical for messy babies.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Iglesina high chair that screws to the table. It is very sturdy and easy to move about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Chicco Polly magic here
    Pros: Fully reclines, on 4 pivoting wheels, folds up nicely, looks nice, has a storage basket for bibs, double tray thats dishwasher safe for a quick clean up.

Cons: The leg divider is attached to the tray not the chair, the tray is kinda heavy so Its a little annoying on where to put it when getting LO in and out
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"