Single Parents
Options

Order of Non Suit?

Anyone rcvd one of these? I did from the courts and don't get it. My atty won't be in until Th. Google says plaintiff (manchild is only plaintiff in CS filing) can drop case at any time. Uhhhhh a judge wouldn't be stupid to rule he does not pay CS right? I'm so confused.

We have a court date in june to go over CS, custody, & visitation. He did say if I was going to challenge him on custody and visitation he would just pay CS and not be a part of her life.

Confused.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: Order of Non Suit?

• Options
    eg214eg214 member
    PS. I'm THINKING that since we both filed a CS thing...one had to be dismissed so he asked for his to and all of mine will be the ones we go off of. I hope so but I really hoped it was that he just didn't want to be involved. :(

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    It's probably what you're thinking. It's like double indemnity (I believe that is the term), a person can't have two suits against them at once.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eg214eg214 member
    It is a crazy mess. I'm in law classes but it still makes no sense half the time. I hate legal jargon. I just got done writing Articles of Incorporation for an assignment. So annoying.

But yeah my atty actually emailed me back (since free she is usually only in office/avail Thurs and Fri) and said it sounded like his counter for custody but I think she meant CS. He never filed anything for custody or visitation to my knowledge, just CS. She said she would let me know tomorrow. I'm really thinking its just bc of the double filings. Sucks. She said I still have to initiate an offer for him to visit her while we are here. Sucks. I SO don't want to but don't want to screw myself in court. He and his atty have made it clear already they are going to screw me any way they can.

And yeah....I can't understand the logic behind paying CS but not being around. Maybe if he had a new gf or fiancee or wife or something. He MIGHT have a gf since we broke up in July of last year but I doubt it. So weird.

• Options
    Eh, if you put yourself out there for him to visit maybe he won't even come through and that will help you that much more!
    And if he does, hope she lets a huge seeping load out and make him change the diaper and onesie!!
  • Options
    That is weird. I'd "offer" whatever is standard for the state you're in. That's 20% here, which is what my X paid for like 3 months before going MIA.

• Options
    June?  That's pretty far out there.  Crazy.
  • Options
    eg214eg214 member
    @MrsLynnyD‌ That's partially why my atty is suggesting I do it. One for the fact if he finds out (which he will) and it gets brought up in court (which it will) it will look bad for me. If he doesn't show up or want to see her, looks great on me. I really really hope he's so stupid as to say he won't show. More than likely he will call me so there is no written evidence of his denial but I'm not communicating with him unless its in writing. And haha at the diaper. I hope that happens!

@tig594‌ Yeah they did tell me 5 months which would have been August! So June is a nice "treat."

• Options
    eg214eg214 member
    My atty FINALLY got back to me (not happy) & said it does look like he filed for custody but then chose to non suit it. I have no idea wtf that means or wtf he thinks he is doing. If its procedural fine but If he honestly thought he had a chance in hell of taking her from me...he's more whacked then I thought. I don't put it past him though.

I'm drug and alcohol free (don't do drugs anyway) have never been arrested, never anything. Havent even had a ticket in like 5 years. Taken care of kids since I was 13. Wtf? That's way more than he can say.

• Options
    Well, he seems like a not bright special snow flake
  • Options
    These men are fucking idiots and way underestimate our intelligence and a mother's love and ability to fight for her children!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"