Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Question about TYB (test yolk buffer) with donor sperm???

Does anyone have any experience using TYB (test yolk buffer) to ship donor sperm?

Last month was our first TTC cycle and we used donor sperm with TYB from babydust deliveries to inseminate. Prior to this I have always had very regular cycles and periods. I thought for sure that I was pregnant (felt nauseas, sore boobs, bloated, dull cramps, more frequent peeing, etc), but I got negative hpt results until I got my period right on time at 16 dpo (I chart/use OPKS/use the CB fertility monitor, so I am pretty sure of when I ovulated). I was disappointed but not overly stressed as this was our first cycle, and started making arrangements for the next cycle.

My period only lasted for about 1.5 days though, but it was definitely not light. The blood was different than usual, it was reddish/pinkish and there was no brown. I have never had a period that short before, mine usually last from 4-6 days. I also had way less painful cramps than usual.

I feel hormonally "out of whack" and like I am about to get my period again. Can this be some sort of reaction to the TYB? Has this happened to anyone else? I have an appointment with my OBGYN later this week, but it's hard to wait that long.

Re: Question about TYB (test yolk buffer) with donor sperm???

• Options
    I have never heard of this, so I will be of no help there. But wanted to wish you luck at your appointment. I hope you get some answers! :)

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    I've never heard of it either, and neither has DW, but I wish you luck anyway!
    Children Mentioned!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Assisted Conception tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard of the TEST yolk buffer, but haven't heard of any side effects from it.  I'm sure you've googled it too, but I just did a quick search and didn't find anything.  I hope your OB has some answers for you!  Let us know what you find out. 
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

• Options
    So it ended up being nothing. I had blood work done to rule out anything and a full exam, but everything looks normal. My doctor said that stress from TTC can cause a shorter period and that hormonal feeling. It seems weird to me that I have never had a cycle like this until the first time that we are TTC, but apparently that's what happened. 

I am really trying to reduce stress over TTC this cycle, but as I'm sure everyone here knows that's easier said than done.
  • Options
    Definitely easier said than done, but I'm glad it wasn't anything to do with the test yolk buffer.
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards