July 2014 Moms

Going to sleep is like walking into my prison cell...

edited April 2014 in July 2014 Moms
Has anyone given up on their bed yet???

I had about 2 perfect weeks of uninterrupted sleep in my bed, no clue how this happened.. but all of a sudden come sunday night all hell has broken lose in my bed. There is no comfortable position, i'm finally used to sleeping on my sides but i get this horrific hip pain if i'm laying on one side too long - so it's back and forth. I've graduated into the 5+ bathroom trips a night and the thought of being under the covers makes me start to sweat. 

I've been really considering heading to the living room to sleep on the reclining couch but do you think it's too early? I'm afraid i will start to get back pain or something from moving out there at this point. I also feel bad about leaving DH by himself, he has even said he would come sleep in the living room too, poor guy. I have to keep the tv on now because my mind starts racing if i can't get back to sleep and the amount of pillows is slowly swallowing up the bed.

Last night, I was so violently attempting to organize my pillows while half asleep that i smacked DH right in the face with the little pregnancy wedge - i had no idea he was even in bed lol.

so have any of you ladies found the secret? did you give up and move to a recliner or are you just toughening it out in the bed.. 

i'd love to hear any funny stories as well of your night time shenanigans!

eta: my pic wasn't working!

[ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]

Re: Going to sleep is like walking into my prison cell...

• I rotate around. Sometimes I'll do the recliner and sometimes I'll be in the bed. My DH will try and get me comfortable with massages, checking the temp of the room, rotating the mattress, gets different blankets and pillows. Sometimes I just use him as a body pillow and blanket. I also find that if I lay across the bed via short side vs long side it's more comfortable. It's all good until my DH puts his nasty shrek breath on me from open mouth breathing and snoring. Or when he tries to get some while he's in a deep sleep.
  • I'm hating my bed right now, but we really need a new one anyway. This is pretty much the time where sleeping is for the birds. I used to sleep propped up on pillows with DD and it's getting to that point this time.

And they say sleep while you can....LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Oh yeah, it's bad. I woke up crying a couple times last night because my hips were aching so bad. It seems no matter how I toss and turn, I can only get comfortable for a few minutes at a time.

I get hot, too, and now that the temps are warming up, I see a long, stuffy road ahead. Last night, SO was being really sweet and when I'd shift around, he'd try to tuck the blanket back over my shoulders, even though he was half or mostly asleep. I was huffing and grunting and throwing them off, hoping he'd get the hint, but he kept doing it. I was super annoyed at the time, but now I think it was actually pretty adorable :)

haha that is totally sweet of him. i do feel a little bad for the husbands, they try but they just don't get it lol

and i feel like, give me a couple more nights and the crying will start!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • I'm starting to have a tough time. I sleep with one pillow behind my back, one between my knees, and one under my head. My left hip hurts when I lay on that side too long and I get up to pee several times. DH has been sleeping in the other room since I've been having trouble sleeping. He snores and that makes everything worse.

I'm also not liking the warmer temperatures. I'm so used to sleeping a really cold room (we shut our heating vents in the bedroom in the winter). This isn't even pregnancy related; I hate every spring time when it starts to get warm until I get readjusted to the warmer room. Dh and I get into a fight every year about when to turn the air conditioning on. I honestly miss my house/apartments without central air where I used a window unit and could freeze out only one room.

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I had such a hard time with hip pain with DS that DH bought me a 4 inch memory foam mattress topper from Amazon. That thing is AMAZING. Hip pain = pretty much gone.

• Same thing happened to me around this time last time. For a while, it helped if I would do 20-30 of these at night right before bed:

After a while, though, it's just a losing battle :/
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I'm very happy this has not quit kicked in this time for me, perhaps because I learned the trick last time to stick a firm, thick pillow between my legs, this really helps me. Maybe it would help if you haven't tried it yet. I graduated to a full body pillow toward the end of my last pregnancy, but DS sleeps with it and I may end up buying another or fighting him for it. I hope sleep eases for those who are having a tough time.
  • Add me in to this camp! It's pretty damn hard to get a frickin sleep right now. On top of lower back pains, I have an 8 month old still waking up 2 to 3 times at night to have milk. :((

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• I'm about to hit the guest room or the couch. Between me, DH, the dog, and the 2 body pillows I have managed to get into our king sized bed, I am about done with it all. I hate to kick DH out, so I may leave.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• The bed isn't cuttin it for me. I just gave up and moved to the couch (or recliner). I find that I sleep better there, so why fight it. It's also nice to be able to cut on the tv if I wake up in the middle of the night.

My biggest thing in bed was how often I toss and turn. I would constantly wake up on my back, which I am assuming was making me uncomfortable. On my side, my hip would hurt or something would fall asleep. On the couch, I can lay kind of in between the back position and side position. Seems to be a happy medium considering I sleep through the night now.

If I fall asleep in the recliner then I will just stay there. It's also good for the nights that the heartburn is bad.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Skeemer said:

I had such a hard time with hip pain with DS that DH bought me a 4 inch memory foam mattress topper from Amazon. That thing is AMAZING. Hip pain = pretty much gone.

Me too! The memory foam mattress topper has completely stopped the hip pain. But I still sleep like crap.. Tossing and turning, having to pee, and when I do sleep I've started having horrible nightmares!
  • My sleep SUUUUUCKS. I have a great body pillow and a husband who's very happy to be my prop wherever I need it. But I toss and turn all night and wake up with terrible pain in my upper back. And it's only going to get worse? ai yi yi. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• edited April 2014
    Yep, from now until pretty much the end, sleeping suck for me. Hips ache, I get too hot, I wake up when I have to toss or pee (which is multiple times a night), and I have to sleep propped up until about 2am so I don't burp up my food that is hanging out in my esophagus. The only relief I got at the last couple of weeks of pregnancy (around 37 weeks) was baby dropping and my heartburn got a little better at night. 

edit - words
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• edited April 2014
    it sucks, but i'm glad i'm not the only one lol.. i think i'm gonna try out the memory foam mattress topper.. i actually have a twin mattress topper that i had from college so i will try putting that on my side of the bed.. hahaha poor DH! he is missing out! I have tried the firm pillow between the legs which actually hasn't seemed to help much. Its also reassuring to hear others have went to the recliner.. i'm gonna give it til the weekend and if it's not better looks like the recliner might be my new home

abchittam said:
    The bed isn't cuttin it for me. I just gave up and moved to the couch (or recliner). I find that I sleep better there, so why fight it. It's also nice to be able to cut on the tv if I wake up in the middle of the night. My biggest thing in bed was how often I toss and turn. I would constantly wake up on my back, which I am assuming was making me uncomfortable. On my side, my hip would hurt or something would fall asleep. On the couch, I can lay kind of in between the back position and side position. Seems to be a happy medium considering I sleep through the night now. If I fall asleep in the recliner then I will just stay there. It's also good for the nights that the heartburn is bad.
    this!! i feel terrible turning on the tv during the night cause DH prefers to sleep without but he doesn't mind... i end up leaving the cooking channel on but for some sick twisted reason i like falling asleep to crime shows, prison shows.. no idea why but it creeps dh out so i usually don't leave that on while hes sleeping lol

ETA: thanks for the input ladies! 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • I actually took a queen sized feather mattress pad we had, folded it in half and put that on my side of the bed. It didn't completely make the hip pain go away but it definitely helped!! I still flip every other hour or so but it's not as unbearable as it was before. I was miserable before.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm not quite at multiple bathroom trips per night yet but hip pain is becoming a thing.

I've got extra cushions to make into a nest, a fluffy blanket to sleep on rather than under that I just paw at until I'm comfortable and if the hip pain gets much worse, I'll get a foam pad to sleep on like I did last time. You can get them at craft stores that are much smaller than the mattress toppers so easier to move around/throw off.

Poor husband is putting up with it but it's going to start annoying him when I fidget and beat up pillows and scrabble around the bedside table for heartburn meds all night every night. 
    I've offered to sleep in the other room but he looks so sad and asks me not to go!

Does anyone else have crazy dreams? I've always had strange dreams but they seem to have got much worse during pregnancy
  • So I used the memory foam last night and it was a huge difference!! Still a little hip pain on one side but nothing compared to the previous nights!

@darkangel42‌ YES to the crazy dreams! The other night I had to pee so bad but just didn't want to get up- when I fell back asleep I dreamt I opened a drawer, put a paper towel down and peed in there! Then last night I dreamt I gave birth early and they tried to put the baby back in me.. It was horrible!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited April 2014
    All my dreams are crazy but much worse for being pregnant. I move, talk and walk in my sleep anyway so poor husband has had me "climbing" the bed whilst screaming (dreamed I was climbing a fence to get away from something biting my leg), wandering around (dreaming I had to tidy up because MiL was mad at all the mess) and speaking Spanish (no idea why, I was dreaming about a school trip to France).

They just seem so REAL!

But yes, memory foam or craft foam pads or just a pile of sponges for the joint pain.
    Do waterbeds still exist? I bet they'd be comfortable and stay cool!
  • I'm so tired of sleeping on my side. I have a snoogle which I love, it helps with the hip pain. Having something between your thighs and feet (not just thighs because this will cause hip pain) is absolutely key. I'm on vacation right now without my snoogle and started getting hip pain, last night I propped my top leg onto a pillow and that helped. Can't wait to get back to sleeping on my back! Oh, and who else finds that their lung capacity decreases as soon as they lay down. My SO can't even rest his arm on my side/chest because it makes me feel like I can't breath.
  • I love our bed when dh is on midnight. Sleeping with someone anymore is hell. We have an iComfort Savant and normally i slept great. I hurt so much in my back and pelvis for the past 4 weeks that I'm uncomfortable anywhere i go. :-/
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Yep..comfortable sleep has official become a thing of the pass for me and will not return for months to come. After the baby the real fun begins
    Lenox: Born March 13, 2012
    Number 2:  EDD July 4, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker
  • AthenanolenAthenanolen member
    edited April 2014
    My snoogle gave me worst breakout, neck, face, legs, and I cant find the instructions (DH tears off tags) can I just wash it?

eta:snoogle not sniffle lol
  • Last night, I fell asleep just fine.

Only to be woken up at 4:30 (in the morning, I was not aware this existed) by the OH's alarm for work.

Tried to go back to sleep but my lovely kitty cat decided that I was awake, therefore it was cuddle-time and not giving him attention means him attacking my arm and hiding my arm under the blanket just means him sneaking under the blanket to attack it to get attention because my cat is in fact an attention-seeking sadist.

He normally does this after my alarm, which is cute and a lovely way to wake up. It is not cute or lovely at any point before 7am, at which time it becomes tolerable until my alarm sounds.
  • I have to give a PSA to the best pillow I use! Has anyone tried the pregnancy wedge from BRU, it's like a small purple wedge pillow $10, you use it to wedge under your belly - it is seriously amazing and helps get me so much more comfortable being on my side!

Something to look into if your finding trouble getting your belly situated on your side!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"