December 2013 Moms

Super baby??

Re: Super baby??

• LO has a mega fuzzy butt :) and he just did a full roll onto his belly! Must be the super baby thread
  • Just end my suffering now! Addison has been waking up earlier and earlier on top of being up to nurse every two hours and this morning it was 4:45am!!! Insert ugly cry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Just end my suffering now! Addison has been waking up earlier and earlier on top of being up to nurse every two hours and this morning it was 4:45am!!! Insert ugly cry.

I feel you! Sarah was up 4 times last night between 10:15 and now (and wanted to nurse every single time. Attacking my boob like a rabid animal)... She's still sleeping now but I'll have to wake her in a min to get her ready to leave.

I'm assuming I won't sleep again for the next 18ish years....
    Atleast the next 5... I swear she knows that I am not amused so she gives me her biggest smile to make it all okay!
  • Guys I may explode this a.m.............My belly is SO full, I am in a pancake induced coma at the moment.......I need a "nap" at 7:20am. Just wanted to share LOL ;)
  • TB was against me yesterday and I come back to 6 new pages??  

ok so Re: guns.... I was downtown one day by the hospital and no lie this little 4 year old made a gun with his fingers, pointed it at me, and then said "bang, bang, n****r n****r!"  I'm like WTAF?!?!?!  His mom was walking right next to him!
    That's insane, especially with the mother right there. My four year old repeats EVERYTHING we say these days, so it makes me think that is an okay word in their house. *judging*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MissyC979 said:
    TB was against me yesterday and I come back to 6 new pages??  

ok so Re: guns.... I was downtown one day by the hospital and no lie this little 4 year old made a gun with his fingers, pointed it at me, and then said "bang, bang, n****r n****r!"  I'm like WTAF?!?!?!  His mom was walking right next to him!
    That's insane, especially with the mother right there. My four year old repeats EVERYTHING we say these days, so it makes me think that is an okay word in their house. *judging*
    Me too!!!!
  • Yezbick9 said:
    Iphone cases.  I think rainbow effect is cool, although it appears the bump is gobbling my images.
    I think these are cool!!!! Do you have cases for the Samsung Galaxy S4, Just wondering :) 
  • I've been wanting a new cell phone case, but I'm probably going to get a new phone in the next year so I'll probably wait. I really want one that has a little compartment for credit cards and cash on the back. Anyone have one like that?

• Yezbick9 said:
    My confusion comes from....Marbee is white.  @marbee1214 - was it an African American mom and boy?  Because I just don't understand where that would come from under those circumstances.......
    That's what I was thinking.  I mean, if you're going to use derogatory language, you look like an idiot.  But to use it incorrectly?  Wow.  And I'm still baffled by the mom ignoring it.
    The only reason I can think of for ignoring it is so the kid doesn't keep saying it. Sometimes if DS1 repeats a curse, I'll ignore it rather than making a big deal about it. I think I would correct him in a public situation like that though, if only not to seem like a complete ass myself...

• Yezbick9 if you ever get some S4 cases like those Iphone ones let me know ;) I love my S4 and I also get sick of the same case over and over and over again. Its nice to have a couple to switch it up with. 
  • On the train of more random thoughts that don't require a new thread, I'm debating whether I should deswaddle Finn before he gets the helmet next Tuesday or wait a few more weeks like I originally planned. I was hoping to go another 2-3 weeks before deswaddling, so around 4-4 1/2 months, like we did with DS1. At this point, he had no more startle reflex and it went well.

Finn runs hot--his temp is usually low 99s, so I was thinking that the helmet and swaddle might be too much for him. The ortho warned us that babies sweat a ton with the first two weeks of the helmet. He sleeps awesome now, so I'm afraid to mess with his sleep.

Here are the options. What would D13 do?

1. Break the swaddle now, before the helmet comes next week.
    2. Remove the swaddle at the same time he is getting used to the helmet.
    3. Business as usual--do nothing for now and cross my fingers that he doesn't overheat with the helmet and swaddle.

• @MissyC979 are you swaddling arms in or arms out?  
    Arms in right now.

• I'm just going I throw this out there. Maybe it should be in UO but I see in this thread people keep saying African American. Why say that? Why not just ask or say they were black? There is nothing wrong with saying someone is black or white. Also there are other places black people come from. Just because they are black doesn't mean they are African American. Ummm Jamaican for example ..sorry just saying
  • Where I am from you can't or well shouldn't say black or colored. It's African American. Maybe it's a regional thing but in some parts of my area you would get shot. Especially if you called someone black and your white.
  • I don't know they call February Black history month. I see what you are saying but if I was black I would be more annoyed at the assumption I'm from Africa.
  • I totally get what you mean I think it is that way for other races as well. Latinos and Mexican Americans.....They could come from many places besides Mexico. Imagine just being of darker skin tone and looking a certain way but maybe your from Cuba or Spain or Italy? IDK that I make sense so much in words here but in my head I do.
  • micino said:

I'm just going I throw this out there. Maybe it should be in UO but I see in this thread people keep saying African American. Why say that? Why not just ask or say they were black? There is nothing wrong with saying someone is black or white. Also there are other places black people come from. Just because they are black doesn't mean they are African American. Ummm Jamaican for example ..sorry just saying

Because of political correctness.
    I agree with you though that I don't see how saying someone is black is racist.
    Of course this is coming from a white girl. Haha.
    Speaking of this... My son has always said he doesn't understand why black and white. He says brown, ivory, cream. He is very literal.
    If it was political correctness then why is it called black history month?
  • micino said:

micino said:

I'm just going I throw this out there. Maybe it should be in UO but I see in this thread people keep saying African American. Why say that? Why not just ask or say they were black? There is nothing wrong with saying someone is black or white. Also there are other places black people come from. Just because they are black doesn't mean they are African American. Ummm Jamaican for example ..sorry just saying

Because of political correctness.
    I agree with you though that I don't see how saying someone is black is racist.
    Of course this is coming from a white girl. Haha.
    Speaking of this... My son has always said he doesn't understand why black and white. He says brown, ivory, cream. He is very literal.
    If it was political correctness then why is it called black history month?
    I agree that it doesn't really make sense.
  • All I know is coming from obviously being white. I try not to call anyone anything. If someone is of a different race than I am I try to feel them out and listen to what they refer to themselves as. African American though if I am forced is ALWAYS what I would pick. If they correct me and say "I'm black" or something else then OK. I am of the better safe than sorry camp.
  • I refer to everyone as Human.
  • Ma'am makes me feel old especially if someone younger than me calls me that. I get that it's a sign of respect so I do appreciate it. It's just a reminder of my age since I am old enough to be called that now. Used to be miss now it's ma'am lol.
  • There is an older lady in my neighborhood and she calls me deary and I just die each time because she is SO sweet and cute!!!!!! I think she is from England but not sure.
  •  

I refer to everyone as Human.

Yo, Human!  Wat up? 

I was in a Chinese restaurant when I was younger...They had hunan beef or chicken...i forget.  But, I misread and got all sorts of confused... "Why are they serving human beef?"

:\">

Oh yummy!! Nom nom nom
  • Human beef IS the best ;)
  • MamaCBear when people tell me they don't like Chinese food this is what I look like......
    Because I love it, DH loves it and even my kids love it. People always tell me kids don't like Chinese food......The buffet place by my house loses out on Tuesday's kids eat free night that is all I am saying ;) 

I totally 2nd you getting what you want and telling your DH to make a sammich!! 

• MamaCBear said:

Also, so glad the race talk turned to chinese food. (Asian American food?) I'm starving.

I could eat Chinese food every day. Love it!
  • Just for you @SSM

BEYOND this point!!!!!!!!!!!! But let me know when you have eaten lunch so the food talk can resume ;)
  • MarBee1214 HOW exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I love it too!  And Thai. And Vietnamese. And Korean. And Japanese. 

It drives DH crazy.  Whenever he asks what I want for dinner, he prefaces it with, "Don't say Asian!"
    I tried Japanese once and didn't care for it, Vietnamese I don't know that I have had and Thai I think I did have and it was to spicy?? Can't remember but I KNOW for sure I like Chinese. 
  • @Cambury108‌ repost the sign!
  • Loolaide said:
    I love Korean and that's the hardest to get. Also Japanese that isn't sushi or tempura. I want freaking okonomiyaki.

There used to be a Korean restaurant right by my house and with every entree they served kimchee, jorim and marinated cucumbers as sides.  It was amazing.  Then it went out of business.  Now I have no Korean food options :(
  • @Cambury108‌ clearly they are all rule breakers
  • She is getting SO big!!!!! This was late late last night but she is 16 weeks old today :( 

• @Cambury108‌ clearly they are all rule breakers
    CLEARLY!!!!! ;)
  • MamaCBear your going to cause problems up in here arn't you????? LOL

• I hope my SS Love Tit boat is a pretty shade of purple with very hot pink lettering!!!!!!!! That is all I am saying ............ ;) LOL

Seriously though the salty sea water keeps getting in my eye and I can hardly see anymore. Its my "pirate" look!
  • Mmmmm... Now I want China Food and Japanese food, and Thai food, and Korean Food... I want all the Asian foods!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"