July 2014 Moms

GTKY Tuesday

Since we need something to do on Tuesdays... tell us a fact about you. 

I'll start... 

We moved around a lot when I was younger. I went to 13 different schools. 
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • AMcLaws said:
    Are we allowed more than one? I grew up in a National Park. My dad was in the coast guard, but retired early when I was still pretty young. He then took a job as a national park ranger. I spent most of my childhood in Yosemite, and still consider it to be my home.

LOVE!

I want to go back to Yosemite. I went as a child & didn't appreciate it as much as I would now. It's an amazing place though. Lucky you!

• Skeemer said:

AMcLaws said:

Are we allowed more than one? I grew up in a National Park. My dad was in the coast guard, but retired early when I was still pretty young. He then took a job as a national park ranger. I spent most of my childhood in Yosemite, and still consider it to be my home.

LOVE!

I want to go back to Yosemite. I went as a child & didn't appreciate it as much as I would now. It's an amazing place though. Lucky you!

It IS amazing! We went back in 2012, and my hubby was in absolute awe. He'd never seen anything like it. I miss it a lot.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • AMcLaws said:

Love this. My company helps the Park Service run the hotels, restaurants and tours at national parks. I help implement environmental programs that reduce the waste, water, power, fossil fuels, etc. that park visitors and our operations use/generate while they are on site. I love it - before I have to stop traveling I have to get to Denali, Olympic and Lake Mead. :D

• ashcross said:

Before this pregnancy I could put both legs behind my neck. Human pretzel.

My dad's cousin did this when she was in her early twenties and got stuck. They had to call 911 and two paramedics had to get her undone!

This is the same cousin that once fell asleep on the toilet and woke up hours later with her butt stuck in the seat from swelling. Once again, paramedics had to get her out of it.

(She and my dad were thick as thieves, so he tells these stories fondly and OFTEN.)

Hahahaha

image  BabyName Tickerimage
  • I'm the second oldest of 6 kids, the youngest is the only boy and is 15. My aunt is 7 years older than me and had a baby exactly 9 months after DS was born and is currently pregnant due the end of June. I often forget that it's not the norm to have aunts that close in age or siblings that far spread so people give me funny looks when I saw something like oh my aunts pregnant.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Huahine said:
    I can not whistle.  However, I do an uncanny seagull impression. 
    Me also, how strange! 
    I am not able to whistle, but both my sister and can imitate seagulls!
  • Another.

I reallllly want to move to Long Island New York before our oldest turns 18. I have family up there and I absolutely love the area. But, it's just not in the cards for us any time soon :( sigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"