Adoption
Options

Introduction.

Hello everybody. My little sister fell pregnant when she was 18, with some guy she met at the first week of University. At first she was 100% sure that I would adopt the child (I can't have children of my own, and was considering trying to adopt or use an egg donor), but when he was born, she fell in love and decided to keep him. However, after 3 months, she decided she couldn't cope, and gave up her parental rights & responsibilities, with the intention that I would be given guardianship of her little boy, as she wasn't 100% sure she didn't want to be classified as him mum. My ex-stepmother disagreed with this though, and we ended up having a long  and drawn out process in court, in which finally I was given full, legal guardianship, but I had to share custody 50/50 with my ex-stepmother. It is also stated in my Rights of Guardianship that I may adopt him when he is aged five, under the conditions that my ex-stepmother did not object, and neither did my little sister, and that my FI is not allowed to adopt him along with me. 

My little boy is named Tove, he calls me Mummy, and always has and he calls my sister Aunty Mum. He also recently started calling my FI Dad, though he also calls him by his name. He's almost four, so I only have a year and a but to go until I find out if he can ever be legally mine.

So, yeah, that's my story. 
****Older Child Warning****
Me: 36 FI: 35 Met: August 1999, dated Sept - Dec '99 Reunited May 2008, Marrying June 2014
Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer January 1996
One small cancerous cyst (left ovary) removed Jan '96, chemotherapy Jan - July '96
Three more cancerous cysts found July 1996 (left ovary), ovary removed July '96, chemotherapy July '96 - Feb '97
February 1997 given all clear!
Told of suspected infertility
Tove Ikarus born July 2010, given guardianship September 2010
April 2014 infertility confirmed
IVF with sister's eggs July 2014

(Hopeful) adoption of Tove July 2015
@LaireAndLia is my sister's partner, @DragonsLaire is my sister
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Introduction.

• Options
    Welcome
  • Options
    Welcome!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome!

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Options
    emcaemca member
    Welcome!

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"