Baby Showers
Options

Which co-workers to invite?

I need to give a guest list to my shower host and am unsure of which co-workers to include. I invited 3 co-workers to my bridal shower. At the time I wasn't sure if we'd have room at our wedding for more guests so I didn't include some other co-workers (since I obviously wouldn't invite them to the bridal shower if they weren't going to be invited to the wedding!). We ended up having room at our wedding, so I ended up inviting 4 other co-workers to the wedding. Now I don't know if I should just invite the 3 that I invited to the bridal shower to the baby shower, or if I should also invite the 4 that I ended up inviting to the wedding. Of the 4 additional co-workers, I feel totally comfortable inviting 3 of them. The 4th I like and talk to, etc but I don't work with her as closely as the others so I feel like it might be a little weird to invite her. She's very close friends with one of the other 3 though, so for some reason I feel like if I invite one I should invite the other (and again, I get along with her and did end up inviting her to the wedding). Any thoughts?

Re: Which co-workers to invite?

• Options
    Invite the coworkers you see socially outside of work.  It sound like the fourth doesn't qualify--after all, if you wouldn't invite her to coffee, you definitely don't want to invite her to a gift-giving event--gives a bad impression of what you want from her, YKWIM?  Gifts but not her company otherwise.
  • Options
    VORVOR member
    Who you invited to your wedding has nothing to do with this. Different events entirely.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you shouldn't invite all but one, however otherwise it is whatever you feel comfortable with. If you prefer (or if the guest list is getting hefty) then I don't see anything wrong with only inviting the three that you invited to the first shower, but if you invite the three of the others, it may make things a bit uncomfortable to not invite the forth.
  • Options

Thanks everyone! I think I'm just going to invite the 3 I invited to the bridal shower.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"