Health & Exercise

Pregnant Runners (April 7-13)

Taking a cue from @SPurp13, what's the plan for this week, runner friends?

Mon- 45 min stairs + weights
Tues- 4 mi outside
Wed- spin class
Thur- 6k rowing machine
Fri- 4 mi outside + weights
Sat- 45 min stairs
Sun- 6 mi outside
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnant Runners (April 7-13)

• I planned on 11-minute miles for my half marathon this last weekend, and my garmin shit the bed. However, even so, I still managed 11:01-minute miles! How is that possible!

Note: It's mind-numbingly boring to run a race 2-minutes-per-mile slower than you normally do. It might be even more difficult than just racing the damned thing, but it went pretty well!

I'm more sore than I normally would be. But. That's probably normal.

M: Rest
    T: 5 Miles if the legs feel ok
    W: 8 Miles if the legs feel ok
    Th: Abs/Bike
    F: 8 Miles
    S: Rest
    S: 10 Miles
  • Great job on your half @SPurp13‌

Mon: Bootcamp + 6 miles
    Tues: 5-7 miles
    Weds: Bootcamp + 5-6 miles
    Thurs: 5-7 miles
    Fri: Bootcamp + 5-6
    Sat: long run day, 11-13 miles.

28 weeks on Tuesday, and feeling great!

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• Loading the player...
  • @SPurp13, nice work on the half!! Are you planning to keep up the mileage for another half, or are you just keeping it up because you are a superstar? I'm sorry you are getting bored going slower! Have you found that your knees (or other parts) get more sore than usual?

@marathonmom823, I've said it before and I will say it again, you are an inspiration! 28 wks and running 11-13 miles!! Do you need a gazillion restroom stops to manage that? [I typically need 2 for my 6 milers these days...]
  • @ajhamb‌ I had to stop 3xs on my 11 miler this past weekend. I get slightly annoyed as I'm not drinking any water while I'm running, but I'm carrying this baby low and she's snuggled right up against my bladder!

• SPurp13 !

On SaturdayI ran a 7K with my office (my boss was the RD -- it was for victims of domestic violence). I ran about 9:41 pace - a far cry from my usually mid 7s for this type of distance  :P It was my first race while pregnant and I wore my "Running for Two" tank top so that was fun.

This week the plan is to run 6-7 times, 3-5 miles/ day, with a 10 mi on the weekend --- hitting around 30 miles for the week (did 4 yesterday and 3 this morning).

The I HAVE TO PEE feeling is SO annoying! I KNOW I don't have to go but the pressure on my bladder sucks.

• Also if you guys haven't heard of this brand, I highly recommend For Two Fitness (no affiliation!). They have really cute and really comfy running maternity clothes.

I also ordered a running skirt (forget where from).... my old running clothes still fit but not well

• Thanks everyone!

@ajhamb I have 4 more half marathons scheduled through the first weekend in June. So hopefully, I'll be able to complete them all before I cut down on mileage, but if not, I can bump down to the 10k or 5K options that go with the races.

My back and hips seem to bother me a bit more than they used to while I'm running, and it's two days later, and I'm STILL sore. So, my recovery is definitely slower now than it used to be.
  • @zoegirlTX‌ Thanks! I've been feeling great this pregnancy, and 40 miles/week just seems to feel good :) I average about 50-55 miles/week when I'm not pregnant, peaking between 65-70 when I'm training for a marathon.
    Enjoy your vacation!!! You're doing great with your running too!

• @SPurp13, you are amazing! 4 more halfs! I hope you will keep us updated on how things are going with your races (since some of us will need to live vicariously through you)...

@criscbish, since sometimes soccer can be a bit more contact that it was intended, did you stop playing when you first found out, or did you carry on for a little while? Happy 18 wks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"