Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sleepless nigts

my son just turned 9 months and for little over a week has been getting up numerous times crying throughout the night and the only way he will sleep is in my arms. If I put him back in the crib he wakes back up and cries until I pick him up. I have never had a problem with him sleeping and has been in his crib since 2 months.  He has no teeth yet ... what could it be? I don't want to get into this bad habit.

Re: Sleepless nigts

• Options
    There is a 9 month sleep regression. It will pass and things will go back to normal. In the meantime, just comfort him.
  • Options
    We had this around 8 months. I think it happens like the other ladies said, around 8-10 months.  I did a lot of picking up and putting down and it lasted almost a month :(   Keep comforting him and if your routine stays the same things should go back to normal. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry just like PP's said this happens around this age. Try your best not to start a bad habit, but in the end there may be very little you can do but just ride this out. It will pass, good luck! Hang in there!
  • Options
    Same happening to me, though I feel it has been for like 2 months now :(. I do not mind picking her up & comforting her. However, when she hears either my hubby or my footsteps she wakes up & sits up. My DD will do this like 3-4x a night but after 4x we decide to put her in bed w/us. I do not want to create a bad habit but I guess this will pass. Just want to make sure I am not doing anything wrong.
  • Options
    This is all very normal & I would not worry about creating habits. Do whatever works! Sometimes I'm sitting in DS room holding him for 45 mins before I can put him down. It's tough, I feel you!!!
  • Options
    It could be just his age but sometimes they can have an ear infection. Ds wasn't sleeping well and needed to be held. I brought him in and he had a double ear infection. Other than the sleeping issue he had no other signs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"