Nurseries and Baby Gear

Front facing carrier for larger baby?

My baby will be outgrowing our Bjorn before we know it. I was planning on getting an ergo, but it doesn't allow for front facing.

What have been your favorite larger baby size front-facing carriers that are comfortable for baby and parent's backs?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Front facing carrier for larger baby?

• I would go with the beco Gemini and do the hip carry, baby can see everything and the adult isn't in pain!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second the Beco Gemini!  I sold my Ergo for the Gemini after I tried it.  The Beco is easier to put on as well.  Super comfy for baby and parent!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • The resourece another parent shared with me agrees about the Beco Gemini. Besides the Bjorn, the Pikkolo & there is also a wrap that they describe as working for forward facing as well.

https://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html

I just got the Boba G4 and am really liking it, but that doesn't forward face.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In general, people say to not front-face larger babies because it's bad for your body and possibly not great for theirs.  Also, some people complain that the gemini doesn't fit past a year, so definitely check it out with LO before you buy.  The attachment parenting board has a lot of suggestions for larger babies, but they'll yell at you if you want to front face.
  • In general, people say to not front-face larger babies because it's bad for your body and possibly not great for theirs.  Also, some people complain that the gemini doesn't fit past a year, so definitely check it out with LO before you buy.  The attachment parenting board has a lot of suggestions for larger babies, but they'll yell at you if you want to front face.

I had no idea, thank you!
  • I'd see if you can find a babywearing group near you - they opened my eyes a ton - depending on age of your child a high back carry may help you both and be a life saver (then child can see over your shoulder but is in an ergonimic position for you and baby)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"