August 2012 Moms
Options

Warning if you let your child play with your iPhone

For some reason, periodically my iPhone will import all of my Facebook friends' contact information into my contact list. I keep deleting them, but they keep coming back. I often let Kate mess around with my phone, mainly looking through pictures. But the other day I noticed that my Facebook friends must have appeared back in my contacts, because she attempted to FaceTime a guy that I used to date. This was at about 8:30 am EST, and he lives in LA, so this would have been about 5:30 am LA time. I *think* I may have stopped the connection in time, but I'm not sure. I am mortified that he thinks I may have tried to Face Time with him. I haven't talked to him in over 10 years, so I don't feel comfortable messaging him to try to explain. Besides, he is 42 years old and unmarried, without kids, still living the life of a 22 year old. I don't think he would find the charm in a toddler accidentally Face Timing him at the crack of dawn, if he even believed me. I can see him thinking it's just a ruse for me to try to contact him-he's pretty conceited. Anyway, no point to my rambling story other than to say that my cheeks are still turning red when I think of this, and to be careful who your kid may call if you let them play with your phone.

Re: Warning if you let your child play with your iPhone

• Options
    I have tried to cut down Jeffrey's playtime with my iPhone but he loves to watch videos and look at pictures too! So far he has only managed to call one of my friends!
  • Options
    SJandVASJandVA member
    edited April 2014

Google "Guided Access". It locks them in an app :-) PBS kids app plus guided access = swim lessons for DS possible.

I'm going to look this up right now! I have wondered if there was a way to keep it on one app.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    These stories are making me laugh! I've only had the kids accidentally call someone.
    @becc77 I bet it didn't go through or he probably would have sent you a message on face book.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    Oh. yes! Guided Access is the where it's at.
  • Options
    DS hasn't done this yet, but my manager's daughter used to call and FaceTime ME all the time! Lol! She was precious and it never bothered me, but your situation is totally different! Lol!
  • Options
    Guided Access!! Problem solved, the problem is solved, we solved the problem, problem solved!

• Options
    Lol, Luciano managed to call one of my friends from high school.  He hung up, but then the dude called me back and was way too excited that I had called!  i ended up having to chat with him and letting him know that, no, I was not looking to reconnect, my kid called you accidentaly.
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"