Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Date night

How often do you and your husband/boyfriend have a date night now that baby is in the picture?

Re: Date night

• :-( only a handful of times thus far.  We have no family in the city to watch our almost 13 month old.  We have had some friends watch her a few times. 

She is in the midst of a huge separation anxiety phase right now.  We do plan to find and regular babysitter...but I am now weary with how upset she gets when I leave the room when she is in daddy's arms...let alone with both of us leaving.  With how extremely upset she gets I don't feel comfortable leaving her with a teenager.  She's the most easy going, laid back kid ever...until she is upset then she gives it her all and won't stop until I am there.  Hopefully it passes soon so we can get her attached to babysitter!

We go out for supper once a week (with her).  That's about it right now.

• Loading the player...
  • We go out for dinner once in a blue moon. Date nights can be at your house. After baby goes to bed- cuddle up on the couch, watch a movie, etc. My daughter is now 3.5 and we just had our first night away from her about 4 weeks ago.
  • Never out by ourselves without LO.  We don't have family in the area and last time we tried to leave him with my mom when we visited he cried the whole time and we came home early.  We go out to dinner with LO often though and have date nights at home after he goes to bed.  Knowing that he would be upset without us, I don't have the desire to leave him.  My husband and I get lots of quality time together and the stress of him being upset isn't worth going out without him right now.  
  • We have date night/day/afternoon/whenever we can get it! occasionally. Sometimes that includes our older DS so that he has quality time with Mom and Dad without his baby sister. Even at 9 years old, he needs that sometimes. We really should try to have date night more often, as DH's parents aren't too far away and tell us that they'd be more than willing to watch the kids whenever. I guess it's just a matter of actually planning one and following through. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • we target 2x/month and have been successful at having 1x/month.
    "A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband and I recently started going out after baby is asleep about 1-2 times per month. We generally only stay out more than 2hrs or so but it's a nice little recharge for "us" time. I think it's important to make ways to have mommy daddy time. Like some mentioned even staying home can be a date if you can't go out! We have movie night after baby is asleep almost every Friday :)
  • We never really had a date night before the baby lol.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GRJCGRJC member
    two - three times a month. We have a couple of babysitters lined up when we have nights off together. (we work opposite shifts)

1st Misc 11w2d
    2nd Misc 6w2d
    3rd Preg, Second Month on Clomed
    Baby Boy Born June 2013!
    4th Preg, Fifth Month on Clomed 
    Due 8/3/16

Follow me and my journey at:

http://alltheprettythings-cristina.blogspot.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board