Babies: 9 - 12 Months

What age did you stop feeding purées?

My lo is 10m at the end of this month and I think that'll be the end of "baby food" for us. When did you switch to all table food?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What age did you stop feeding purées?

• By 10 months we were on finger foods only
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, with my puree baby we had her on finger foods by 9 months. With my son we did BLW and did no purees at all.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • She has 50/50 now. I was just wondering when to completely stop purée. But thanks! I'll start phasing them out ASAP!
  • My daughter was more inteterested in table food and less interested in purées by the time she was 8 mo.
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    LO is ten months and still refuses most finger foods. We try finger foods first anyway, and since he usually won't eat them, we usually end up giving him his puree instead.
  • My oldest switched gradually between 7 months and a year. My younger son ate some table foods at 7-9 months but needed certain things pureed past 2 years old. He had issues with textures, still does at 15. But he had other things going on as well.

My youngest is an incredibly picky eater. She is a whole other story.
  • LO is 11 months and she gets a puree a day during the week because it's just easier to give the grandparents (who watch her) a puree then to get all this food together.  I stopped buying them though and this week will be the last week,  She loves all food though, so she doesn't care, I just think she should be on all solid solids now
  • DD is on all table/finger foods now, except she likes her pouches which are so convenient for on the go. She was pretty much done with purees by 9 1/2 months or so -- all she ever wanted was what we were eating!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • BLW here.  Never had a puree just what we ate.

• Mine is getting to the point she won't even eat purees unless it's in a pouch and she drinks it.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 9/10 mos dd completely started refusing and wanted all finger foods
  • The only time he gets purees is when we're out and I don't have anything else to give him. I keep a jar in my purse just in case. But otherwise, he's been eating table foods since about 6 months (he's 10 months right now).

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • jlpevjlpev member
    I guess i stopped around 8 or 9 months. We were doing a combo of blw & purees. Shes hated purees & wanted to feed herself. I ran with that. She eats what we eat. She eats just as much or more than my 3 yr old. Shes almost 11 months
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We still do purees but we do offer finger foods at every meal as well. I would say it is a 50/50 to 60/40 mix of puree/finger foods. Our LO was really resistant to finger foods, she just started eating puffs on her own in the past month (she just turned 11 months), and now that she has gotten use to the puffs she is more interested in picking up things herself, which is helping. She likes the pouches too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We still do purees at 10 months.
  • We do a mix of solids and purees at 11 months. They're quick, but he is starting to put up a fight about them for the real stuff. (And I don't really blame him).
  • This is my 3rd kid to do BLW but with this one it wasn't strictly BLW as I did spoon feed Greek yogurt for the protein and calories starting early.  He had fallen drastically off his curve or I wouldn't have but whatever.  He stopped being spoon fed by 6 months and started eating table food.  He is 10m1w now and eats full meals, more than both of my other kids for now. 

I expect a 10m old to have the ability to feed themselves.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• cynthia071173cynthia071173 member
    edited May 2014
    At our 9 month checkup, our pediatrician encouraged us to give her more table foods.  We still give her purees from time to time but we try to give her table foods as much as possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    I wasn't sure when he would stop (see post above), but it ended up being about 11 months.  He still won't pick up slimy stuff like fruit with his hands, so we have to feed those with a fork for now.  But at least they are actual pieces of fruit, not purees. He will feed himself foods that aren't slimy.
  • around 8-9 months we stopped. She still takes the pouches though, and feeds herself. Everything else is finger foods. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Purees at 6 months then at 7 months a combination of both finger and purees,,, at 9 months were still doing both.. He's enjoying smashing the food in his face lol
  • jennmejennme member
    What kind of finger foods are you all doing? and how much at each meal? My son is 9 months and has been doing purees as well as finger foods such as puffs, little chopped up banana and some of my meat and cheese with bread from sandwiches that I have. I randomly give him bites of my food but not all of his meals are table food, TIA How do I completely transition?
  • BC&LMBC&LM member

What kind of finger foods are you all doing? and how much at each meal? My son is 9 months and has been doing purees as well as finger foods such as puffs, little chopped up banana and some of my meat and cheese with bread from sandwiches that I have. I randomly give him bites of my food but not all of his meals are table food, TIA How do I completely transition?

For the longest time, my LO would not pick up anything that was slimy and would only feed himself Cheerios and stuff like that. We could see from those foods that he could obviously chew them well, so we started offering him a variety of foods on a fork, and he would eat it that way. It took a little while, but now, he will feed it all to himself, no fork feeding needed any more. So now that he is switched over, LO gets all finger foods at each meal (other than yogurt, oatmeal, and applesauce sometimes.) He eats all sorts of things now--steamed veggies, fresh fruit, pancakes, sandwiches, quesadillas, chicken cacciatore, scrambled eggs, etc. He is 11.5 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"