Adoption

Weekly Check-in March 31st

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

3.) AR-QOTW - What milestone are you/were you most excited about during the process?

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your favorite junk food? 

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014

Re: Weekly Check-in March 31st

• 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

Foster to adopt. PAP.

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

We just completed the home study and training.   So thrilled to have those big milestones behind us.  

3.) AR-QOTW - What milestone are you/were you most excited about during the process?

Right now I am excited to be matched, after that I think it will be the finalization.

I recently found Justin's dark peanut butter cups.   These are delicious.   

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?: I am an adoptive mama in DIA.

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!: we are in post-placement visits with the agency - 2 down, 4 to go before we can schedule a court date!  My vent is that our agency has been going through a transition period since our placement, so there has been a lack of continuity and communication with our SWs.  Blah!

3.) AR-QOTW - What milestone are you/were you most excited about during the process?: I think we were most excited to finally be homestudy approved and having our profile shown to EMs!

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your favorite junk food? : Anything chocolate!!!  Baked goods in  general are also a major weakness for me.

• Loading the player...
  • 1.) PAP through DIA

2.) Waiting.  Doing a whole lot of waiting! We've also started putting in new flooring in our bedrooms upstairs.  No more carpet! Yay! 

3.) I'm excited to meet a potential BM.  Don't get me wrong, I'm also terrified but I think then, it might actually start to feel 'real'! 

4.) This was a tough one. Either Doritos or Little Debbie Fudge Rounds.  So good! 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? PAP in DIA

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!  So excited! Finally scheduled our first home visit! :)

3.) AR-QOTW - What milestone are you/were you most excited about during the process? Finishing all of our paperwork in the home study application and scheduling our first home visit!

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your favorite junk food? I'm not a huge snacker... but my fav go to junk food right now are pretzel chips and any chocolate in our candy jar at work.. I also have a strange addiction to drinking sweet tea... I drink it every. single. day.

image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?
    FOSTER TO ADOPT

2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs? Feel free to vent!

We are doing good. We got our photo books in the nail toys that I made online and ordered. They came out great! We finished all paperwork and home inspection last week and this is our first week of waiting to be matched. I'm having fun doing up a baby room right now!

I think that getting our big packet of paperwork I am most proud of... There was a lot of info in those and things to get done but we did it and I'm feeling good about it all!

I love ice cream of all kinds!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• 1.) FTA

2.) We just finished our first class last night and have another coming up on Thursday.  I hope they improve...long and dry at the moment.  We are also a little frustrated because our LS told us that they currently have more infants than homes...if only we could speed up the approval process!

3.) We are waiting for the license...that will make it feel like there will be a LO soon (even though I know that may not be true)

4.) Chips and salsa.  I love it and it doesn't make me feel too guilty!

•  

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? DIA

We just talked with our caseworker person yesterday about our questionnaire-- kind of all the background info we filled out about race, health issues, drug exposure, etc. It was a really interesting conversation, and now I am getting overwhelmed with all of the paperwork that we have to fill out for the profile which is the next step.

3.) AR-QOTW - What milestone are you/were you most excited about during the process? Most excited about getting the homestudy complete at some point!

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your favorite junk food? Definitely pizza.

• 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? Amom
    We're between placement and finalization.
    3.) AR-QOTW - What milestone are you/were you most excited about during the process? We just painted the nursery. This weekend we'll be putting together the crib. It will be sad to have LO in his own room even though I think we'll all sleep better.I was most excited to learn a birth mother liked our profile even though she picked another family. It made me feel that an expectant mom might actually feel we were the best family for her baby.
    4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your favorite junk food? Anything chocolate, but especially milk chocolate bars.

Foster to adopt mom

I have been licensed 2 weeks now. Got one call but couldn't take it because it was a sib set and I can only take one. I am so anxious waiting for "the call". My dog who I fostered since he was 8 weeks old had to be put to sleep last week and I am just so depressed and the waiting is making it worse. I feel like a foster would take my mind off things (like work, school and my DS doesn't keep me occupied enough).

Finally got licensed after 7 months!

Peanut butter cups (bad vegan!!) and chewy sour candy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  DIA

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  We are still waiting for Finalization date. Totally annoyed by this. Ready to fire my lawyer. His most recent snag? He needed me to have a bunch of medical paperwork filled out on our son and forgot to mark it as needing a signature from me and my partner. So, something that should have been filed by the courts last week wasn't even back in his office until today. Stupid.

3.) AR-QOTW - What milestone are you/were you most excited about during the process?  Finalization.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your favorite junk food?  I have a weakness for Doritos.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. DIA or NLRFTA
    2. We are halfway through adoption classes and have our home visit and interviews left. I wish it could go faster.
    3. Getting our classes finished.
    4. Peppermint patties!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Current foster parent. Foster to Adopt

We were placed with 1/2 sisters early this year (ages 3 & 5, different dads).  Both were anticipated to be adoptable in the next year, but were waiting on the courts to change their goals to adoption.  Suddenly the 3 year old's dad got involved the week after they were placed with us.  He will be getting placement of her next week.  We will be keeping the 5 year old.  It is heartbreaking...my husband and I are sad but will make it...but the girls have never lived apart, even when they were in 5 different foster homes in 5 months, they were always together.  We are moving forward with trying to adopt the 5 year old.

The 5 year old told me she loves me today for the first time.  She has been super resistant to bonding until the last few weeks.  I feel like we are finally making some progress!

Chocolate!  Kit Kats especially

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • m5858m5858 member

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  >>  PAP in DIA

2.) Where are you in the process? Any accomplishments or set backs? Feel free to vent!  >>  We submitted most of the paperwork for our homestudy. We scheduled our homestudy for May 7th. I'm excited but nervous. 

3.) AR-QOTW - What milestone are you/were you most excited about during the process?  >>  Just getting through the first chunk of paperwork has been an accomplishment. I'm looking forward to making our adoption profile books.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - What is your favorite junk food?  >>  Right now, I'd have to go with Thin Mint cookies. There's a batch of homemade ones in my fridge right now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"