1st Trimester
Options

First Pregnancy(New Mommy-to-Be)

Hello Moms, My name is Alice and I am 22 and this is my first pregnancy. I got married to my wonderful husband on June 6, 2013. I must say I am filled with many emotions but excitement and anticipation are the two dominant ones lol. According to my last menstrual I am due around Dec. 6, 2014. At this moment I am 4 weeks along and the weeks couldnt go any slower :) Are there any other first time mommies? How are you feeling? Whats going through your mind?

Re: First Pregnancy(New Mommy-to-Be)

• Options
    I am a first timer over here.  I'm super excited.  My fiancee and I have been engaged since July and are getting married at the end of May.  We actually just moved out of an apartment and got our own house last month.  

I am feeling how I would say a lot of women feel around 8 weeks... fat!!  So much bloat.  I, personally, have a problem with carbs and salt; I love them both.  Probably would explain why I've already gained 5+ pounds so far.

We are really excited to start our family this year.  How are you feeling?  How did your husband take the news? I bet he was thrilled.  Congratulations!!
    mc April '14, September '14
    chemical pregnancy February '15

Rainbow baby EDD 12/19/15
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    Time is also going slowly for me too.  You may want to go to the Dec 2014 board to find others in your situation.  https://forums.thebump.com/categories/december-2014-moms
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I completely understand. My husband and I are due November 1, 2014. I am about 10 weeks and time is moving kind of slow. I am so excited to become a mommy and am so impatient. I just cannot wait to start showing and feel that first kick. We saw our baby's heartbeat about a couple weeks ago and it was so exciting. Congrats and as my doctor told me. "Enjoy It!"
  • Options
    Hi! This is my first time being pregnant too! I'm also 22 and got married in June 2013! Funny! I'm super excited but sometimes feel a little overwhelmed. I'm about 6 weeks along and the nausea and fatigue are hitting hard! I think I've actually lost a little weight because food just doesn't appeal to me. According to my last menstrual period I'm due around November 26th!
  • Options
    I'm a first time mom too! I'm 30 yrs old and 8 weeks today. Puts my due date at November 17. I am feeling wonderful, so grateful for this experience. I am really looking forward to when we can announce it though as I really hate keeping secrets! I just want it out in the open. Also I cannot wait to start "bumpin" haha. That's what I'm calling it. I think a pregnant woman is so beautiful. I've been shopping for maternity clothes already.

Congratulations to you!! Welcome to the club ;)
  • Options
    I'm a first-time momma-to-be, too. My husband and I are newlyweds, so we weren't trying to conceive and actually got pregnant while using birth control. We're incredibly excited though, and it looks like we're due December 18th. We're keeping it quiet until we're certain everything is good, but we can't wait to share. Right now…just dealing with insane queasiness, sore boobs and losing 9 lbs in 7 days haha - just can't stomach the food. Hopefully soon :) 
  • Options
    Hello! I'm a new momma to be too! And soooo excited. I'm 27, my husband and I have been married for 3 years.... I'm 4weeks along... Sore boobs and some cramping. Due date is Dec 11,2014. Congrats ladies!!!! This is such an exciting time in our lives!!! I am also hating keeping this a secret... Just want to tell it from a mountain top.
  • Options
    Hi!! Congrats to all the new mommies! Exciting! :)
    I am 28 and also expecting my 1st! Hubs & I have been married for 10 yrs. We just stared TTC this year. I am 5 wks along! I am excited and very nervous! lol I am due around Dec. 7th.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OMG I am loving these introductions.  Nice to meet all of you.  No morning sickness for me just yet but fatigue, gas, mood swings, and frequent urination are my current symptoms.  To the mother who said she has started shopping maternity clothes,  Well I have already started a registry... 2 of them too :)  Hey you only get 1 first so do whatever makes you happy.  Congrats to everyone and I cant wait to see pics of your bundle of joy.  Oh yea and to those keeping a secret, good luck!  We couldn't, We had been trying since we got married and actually I was using an app called MyDays and 7 months later got preggers.  Yay!
  • Options
    Hi!  I am also a first time mommy-to-be!!  I am 26 yrs. old and my husband and I married in September 2013! I am currently 5 weeks pregnant and it feels like time is moving soooo slow!!  My due date is approx. December 26th - so excited for a Christmas Baby!!  =)  We have not said a word to anyone and most likely will not until we hear a heartbeat!  My first prenatal appointment is in 2 weeks and my first u/s is in 3 weeks.  I am so anxious and nervous for those days to come!!  My husband is super happy and excited as well!  Right now - headaches are my problem!  I am hoping the doctor can help with that!
  • Options
    Hey ladies! This such a wonderful post! I am also a first time mommy to be. I am 28 and my husband and I have been married for 7 months (together for 8yrs) I am 5 weeks along with a due date of Dec 26...my birthday is Dec. 25, haha. But unfortunately experiencing some complications. Has anyone else experienced any dark brown discharge and continued on to have a healthy pregnancy? I have and because its so early the doctor couldn't tell me anything so obviously I'm terrified. Thanks for readingand ccongratulations to you all!
  • Options
    Hello Moms, My name is Alice and I am 22 and this is my first pregnancy. I got married to my wonderful husband on June 6, 2013. I must say I am filled with many emotions but excitement and anticipation are the two dominant ones lol. According to my last menstrual I am due around Dec. 6, 2014. At this moment I am 4 weeks along and the weeks couldnt go any slower :) Are there any other first time mommies? How are you feeling? Whats going through your mind?
    Hi!  Do you mean January 4?  You can't be 4 weeks and due Dec 6.  Unless my pregnancy brain is playing tricks on me :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    amyhrees said:
    I am 28 and also expecting my 1st! Hubs & I have been married for 10 yrs. We just stared TTC this year. I am 5 wks along! I am excited and very nervous! lol I am due around Dec. 7th.
    This date doesn't make much sense either.  Y'all realize you have to add 2 weeks to when you ovulated to get the number of weeks along you are, right?  (ie I'm 5 weeks but have only truly been pregnant for 3 of those weeks).  Your ticker says 8 weeks...  I know that can be confusing the first time around.
  • Options
    drpayne said:
    amyhrees said:
    This date doesn't make much sense either.  Y'all realize you have to add 2 weeks to when you ovulated to get the number of weeks along you are, right?  (ie I'm 5 weeks but have only truly been pregnant for 3 of those weeks).  Your ticker says 8 weeks...  I know that can be confusing the first time around.

The original posts for this thread were April 7th! That's why their dates are different.

;;) :D
  • Options
    LJSWmomma said:

drpayne said:

amyhrees said:

The original posts for this thread were April 7th! That's why their dates are different.

;;) :D

See? I knew it was a pregnancy brain thing! My apologies ;)

• Options
    Hey all new mommies to be! I am 27 years old and have been married to my husband since July 2013. We just found out that we were pregnant after 6 positive pregnancy tests (wanted to be sure!) with our first baby. I am so excited and anxious...the weeks are going by so slow!! Symptoms I am feeling are back pains, increased appetite and urination, and belly cramps. I hope all of these are normal since they are all fairly constant. My first appointment with the dr and an u/s is May 14th. According to the date of my last period, I am due December 2014! Cannot wait :) congrats to all the future mommies and so happy we can all share this together. :)
  • Options
    Hi all! 
    I'm 27, BF and I have only been dating a brief time and expecting 12/24!! It came as quite the surprise!! I am terrified personally!! I'll be fine once baby is here, but this pregnancy stuff is no joke!! No real symptoms for me, other than peeing a lot, burping, and sore boobs. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone and congratulations!! I too am a first time mom-to-be. My husband and I have been married almost a year (may 18) and we've been together almost 7. We just found out that were expecting on Saturday, which puts me at 4 weeks, EDD is Jan 2, 2015...a New Years baby! I'm having some early symptoms but nothing I can't handle yet. Good luck with the next few months everyone!!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hello there lovely ladies! I'm so excited to say that I too am pregnant, approx 4 weeks along. My husband and I got married in February and are ecstatic to become parents. My approx. due date is January 7th and my first appointment is May 27th! So nervous about my appointment but so excited to get to hear the LO's heartbeat. I've had some pretty weird days, like heartburn from pancakes... ick! And I can't stand the smell of soy milk! For the first time in 3 years though my back isn't hurting (yay). Other than some weird aversions, and some intense cravings, strawberries and boba tea )just the boba balls really) I've had a few emotional moments, but otherwise I'm ok! Can't wait to see how this whole pregnancy goes along! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• Options
    Hey ladies! I'm about 4 weeks with our first and due around Jan. 4! My husband and I were married in Oct 2013. My breasts are extra sore and Ive been having stomach cramps. I took 3 pregnancy tests before I believed it (and I still can't believe it!). Our first Dr. appt is May 20 and time is dragging by!  Good luck to all of y'all!
  • Options
    Hello to all!  I am currently 9weeks and will be 10 weeks on Thursday.  But up until 8 weeks I had been to the ER for bleeding.  Fortunately the baby is fine and I have not had anymore bleeding since.  According to the U/S at the hospital I am due around Dec 4 the day after my birthday.  Baby's heartbeat is getting stronger.  Have my first prenatal appoitment this Thursday and hopefully I will be able to hear baby heartbeat over the doppler.  :):):D
  • Options
    Yea I think it may be your pregnancy brain.  But thats ok haha
  • Options
    korcuttkorcutt member
    Hi all!  My husband and I just celebrated being married for 3 years and on the same day found out I was 7 weeks preggers.  Personally, I'm terrified.  But I also truly feel like crap - I have constant nausea, headaches, tiredness, dizziness, and I'm hungry!!  Oh my goodness...soooo hungry.  But I can't eat very much at a time or I feel sick.  I've had issues in the past, so my dr. has ordered a few extra tests and appointments so I'm headed to see her twice this week.  I'm excited for baby, but at the rate this is going, I'm not too excited about the pregnancy.
  • Options
    Well.

My hubs and I are only 27... Married for roughly 1.5 years. We weren't really trying, but we weren't really doing every little thing to keep this from happening. If that makes since. Anyways, I found out yesterday that I was preggers just after taking one test. My hubs is honestly more keen on my body than what I am, and calls it a couple weeks ago. So we think that I'm 3wks. I cried when I read the test, and then couldn't wait for him to be home to tell him! We're keeping our excitement on the downlow till after first appointment. Not sure when we'll tell our family's. Maybe just shock and awe them in Mother's Day!
  • Options
    Nice to meet all of you. Wow, most of you are all so much younger than I am, lol. I am 40 and I am 11.5 weeks pregnant with my first! I am excited, overwhelmed. I never thought I would be starting a family this late in life, but thats life for ya.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First timer here- I'm 4 weeks along and due 01/16.. My husband and I were married 05/2013 and are so excited!! can't wait to share with family/friends! Only symptom I'm really feeling is frequent urination..
  • Options
    Hello All!

I am 32 years old and just found out I'm nearly 6 weeks along and due around Jan 11th! I have never had my own child, but my husbands son is 10 and lives with us a few days out of the week and we recently took in my brothers 2 girls ( 3 & 7)....they have been with us since Thanksgiving and at this point, I think will be here for good. :)

I am extremely nervous about having the baby with our lives being so full right now! I don't know how it is going to play out. I'm especially nervous about how the 3 year old will react after the baby is here. She is extremely clingy.

Other than that, all is well! Little to no sign of being pregnant.....some mild cramping and a little fatigue.
  • Options
    Hello!! I am 5 weeks pregnant and also a first time mommy to be!! Only symptoms I am experiencing are a little fatigue and hungry at night! Wish you the best of luck throughout your pregnancy!!
  • Options
    As I read this I just had to laugh. I am in the exact same boat!!! My husband and I just found out Tuesday and right now they guess I am about 6 weeks. Feeling overall fine. Just VERY tired most of the time. We are having an incredibly hard time keeping it to ourselves. We have our first ultrasound on Wednesday, and plan to tell our parents after. I have also started a list on a few websites for stuff...trying to wait a month or so to do the actual registry. :) --- All you ladies keep your chins up! If you're feeling under the weather, it'll pass. This is so exciting for all of us!!!! 
  • Options
    Oooh!! First mom to be for me too. So nice to read this thread. I'm 28 married for two years.. Don't know how far along I am maybe 4/5 weeks since I don't know when I ovulated.. I have severe back pain and my breast are so sore! But I'm not complaining!! Loving the pain as long as my baby is healthy. I'm so scared of losing it! I still take the hpt every morning.
  • Options
    I'm due 1/17 :) congrats!!
  • Options
    I'm 22 and a first time mommy. This pregnancy was a big surprise to me and and my fiance. To my calculations i'm 6 weeks and the baby is due in January the same time we were planning to have our big elaborate wedding. Other than my expensive dress nothing else was paid for yet so we're able to shuffle things around the accommodate the pregnancy and have the baby in our wedding :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hey first time mommy here!!! i am 10 weeks 3 days and sooooo excited! im soon to be 20 yrs old and married my husband 10/22/11. i found out i was expecting april 12 (only 4 weeks) and ever since then its like my days have gone by sooooooooooooo slow!!!! before i found out i felt like this year was flying as well as the last almost 3 years with my hubby but now i just spend my whole day everyday in anticipation. i have also had 3 miscarriges between the age of 16 and 2013 so it makes me super hyper sensitive. i am enjoying my pregnancy tho even the sickness and all lol cant wait to see my little bean! due date December 17th 2014
  • Options
    Hello Ladies, I too a 1st timer at age 31.  My boyfriend and i have been together 5 years and now expecting our first bundle of joy.  According to the first day of my last period i am 4 weeks.  I am so scared of having a miscarriage and i am reading everything i can get my hands on and that just seems to scare me more.  Everyone is telling me to relax and i am really trying to, but i have no symptoms but a little cramping and i am feeling nothing emotionally.  My first appointment is next Thursday the 29th and i am hoping it makes me feel a little better.  I am probably crazy to think i should be feeling something and it is probably way to early.  I am also lost when it comes to what to eat. I wish i had a chef to go "here eat this" and not have to think, worry or google everything.  I feel like i am over thinking everything *sigh*   Thanks for listening <3 
  • Options

Wooo hooo to all of the pregnant Mamas out there. I am pleased to say that I am also a 1st timer. I'm 28 years old and married my best friend on 5/11/13. We recently celebrated our first anniversary about two weeks ago. The weekend before our anniversary, ran to the local pharmacy and picked up an ovulation kit (dang, those things are expensive at $160) and also picked up a pregnancy test. I was planning on wrapping both as a gift since my husband has been wanting to start the baby journey. I placed the pregnancy test and ovulation kit into the gift wrapping box, and something told me, "Just take the test for fun". I figured it would show negative since I've been on birth control for many years. To my surprise, it wasn't even 30 seconds from pulling the stick away from my pee stream (sorry for the image) that the test read positive. I was shocked. I took the second test in the box an hour later and again, POSITIVE! You better believe I drove back to the pharmacy for my $160!

My husband and I are extremely excited. I just wish time would fly by faster. I look forward to being out of the first trimester. We recently had our first ultrasound appointment where we learned that our due date is December 29th. I'm not much of a "baby" person, and I have always said I'd be fine without ever having kids. Man, do those comments sound absurd once you hear your baby's heartbeat. I feel like a changed person after hearing our baby's fast little heartbeat. Looking forward to this journey with all of you.

Remember to keep healthy, don't stress, and enjoy every moment - even the office restroom puke moments.

• Options
    I am 35 years old with my first. I am due January 14th. My symptoms are so weird so far, I almost wonder if they are in my head. I feel crampy and flu-like and generally uncomfortable. The best is that none of my clothes fit because I am bloated beyond belief. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"