April 2014 Moms
Options

Night lights?

Sick of turning on the bright lights for feedings and diaper changes. Anyone recommend a brand? I would like something cute if possible! (As oppossed to the regular plug in kind you use in the bathroom)

Re: Night lights?

• Options
    I have a clip light like an itty bitty book light (but not that brand). I don't like to leave a light on all night because I think it's not good for sleeping.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We always turned on the hallway light for DDs night nursing and changes. But a rotating lamp would be awesome in the nursery, I have one with spaceships, from when I was a kid!
    https://www.magiclamp.ca
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's not cute but I just like the blue LED ones.

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have one from Target (Circo brand) that is a soft rubber owl with an LED light inside so the whole thing makes a soft glow. You just push a little button on top to turn it on and off. It's just enough light to see at night. They had owls, mushrooms and ladybugs when I bought ours a few months ago. Now I think they just have flowers? It seems like it changes seasonally.

I also am kind of coveting this one:
    https://www.booninc.com/products/Glo

Totally don't need it. But want it anyway.
  • Options
    I have the round one that sticks to the wall, and an automatic motion sensors one for the hallway. Nothing cute, but effective.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • Options
    If you or your husband are a bit handy, you could install a dimmer switch. We just bought a dimmer switch plate from lowes and replaced the regular light switch when my son was born. It was pretty easy and it was so nice to just turn the lights on really low for midnight feedings. I don't even think we had to change the bulbs.
  • Options
    I got this one (the smallest size) because it sits on my night stand, so I can grab LO from the cradle & turn this on all without leaving the bed. It takes a 25w bulb, so it's not very bright.

https://m.target.com/p/threshold-woven-rattan-uplight/-/A-14581012
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    we have night lights in hallways and walking areas for safety... but we had those for kiddo anyway, so it wasn't anything new.  we DO make heavy use of light dimmers, though.  we have a dimmer switch in kiddo's room and we just installed one in our walk-in closet (which is where my nursing rocker is for these first few months while she sleeps in our room).
  • Options
    We have a Thor hammer on the wall that we keep lit....it helps me see my cats on the floor lol
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • Options
    I got Uncle Milton's planetarium which shines different space related images on the ceiling that rotate. Part of what I really liked was that it has a timer on it.
  • Options

I use my Scentsy warmers. They can be left on 24/7. Although they DO plug in to an outlet. We have one in every main room in the house. I have absolutely NO night vision. DH finds this hilarious, but when you've broken a toe from running into the coffee table trying to get to bed it's no laughing matter!

They've been awesome for us. When I wake up 2-3 times a night to pee I never have to turn on a light. Or when one of my kids gets sick in the night, I can change bed sheets and get things cleaned up without turning on a light and waking up the other child.

image  mean_girls_35345

DD1- 2009, M/C- 2011, M/C- 2012, DD2- 2012, DD3- 2014

• Options
    Dimmer switch like another person said. I put my lamp on one with ds and love it to this day! Dh teased me at first but after a few weeks he went out and bought one for his side of the bed. Love it! It also comes in handy when I'm up with pregnancy insomnia and dh is sleeping (like now ). :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got this:

https://www.modcloth.com/shop/lighting/treat-your-shelf-light

You squeeze the tummy and it glows. It has a 20 minute timer too so it doesn't stay on all night.

Also got a small table lamp at cost plus to put on the changing table with a low watt bulb.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    I got the Cloud B Twinkles to go Octo. Its the same concept as the twilight turtle but in a smaller octopus shape. It lights up blue or green and projects starfish, fish and bubbles on the ceiling. It times out after 30 mins I think? I've been using it on my bedside table when nursing and its just enough that I can latch him correctly without waking my husband next to me.
  • Options
    This thread reminds me that I need a dim light for my room. We have light blocking curtains so it gets pitch black in here at night.

• Options
    I prefer night lights without the auto-off- I leave it on until I put LO back in her cradle. Last time I remember waking up in a panic that I'd fallen asleep with baby still in the bed, with the manual off I just open my eyes & if it's dark I know LO is in her spot.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    Zulily has some today you might want to check out. They have soft glow animal lights and some sound machines too. I would link but it will only open in my app.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've always just used a bedside lamp. I might have to look into some of these other options though.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"