1st Trimester
Options

i feel like i'm puking TOO much

I had a stomach bug last week. And then two weeks before, a different one.

But I think this is finally morning sickness. And, it started gradually, but just queasiness with maybe one episode of near-puking after I ate chocolate on Wednesday.

Today - nothing stays down. Nothing. Water? Back up. Cracker? Back up. I don't eat anything? I puke anyway. I've puked probably once or twice an hour, with several instances of dry-heaving. Should I worry? Should I sit back and hope that it gets better tomorrow? Should I take myself to the ER tonight to get hydrated?

Ugh. I was thanking the gods yesterday that my queasiness was manageable. I guess I'm not so lucky -.-;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
BFP #1 March 5, 2011
EDD November 5, 2011
Logan born October 31, 2011
BFP #2 March 3, 2014
EDD Nov 14, 2014

Re: i feel like i'm puking TOO much

• Options
    If you are unable to keep down food or water for 24 hours you need to call your provider.

• Options
    I would head to the ER. You aren't getting any fluids in, which isn't good for you or the baby. And ask for Zofran, it usually works for most people.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went ahead and called my midwife since its been 12 hours, and I am headed to ER/urgent care.

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• Options
    when I found out I was pregnant I was puking for like 5 days straight until I had enough of it and had to take myself to UC. they said that I was very dehydrated and pregnant. if you cant hold down fluids its a good idea to go in, dehydration made my puking a lot worse, once I got the fluids I felt so much better. 
  • Options
    I got to the point very quickly where I was throwing up water... I couldn't keep anything down. Luckily it was a week day and I had already had my first appointment so I was able to call my doctor. She prescribed me zofran and within 30 min of taking it, I was eating and drinking like normal. It works wonders for a lot of people. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad and I hope you've improved by now!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    happyhorsehappyhorse member
    edited April 2014
    You sound like me. I was also not keeping water down. Could barely pick my head up off the pillow. After a day or two of that I cried and told my husband I hated being pregnant. I wanted to have a natural pregnancy but I knew not keeping water down wasn't good for me or for baby. The OB gave me Zofran and Phenergan. The Zofran preventing vomiting but it made me feel weird (surreal, out to lunch). I only took it once. The Phenegran agreed with me better but it's a different sort of medication (can read about it here, first-gen antihistamine). It worked the best for me but because it is category C I only took it 3 or 4 times (effects lasted about 18 hours for me), enough to keep water, juice, chicken broth down. Then I weened myself off of it.

For weeks there, my diet was mostly chicken broth with white rice and a little juice. Do not feel badly if you can't keep more down, since the baby will be getting most of its nutrition from your body, so the stuff you ate months ago is stored in your body and those good vitamins will go to baby. (according to my OB)

I was able to keep iron-free vitamins down. Iron ones make me throw up.

The sickness did pass for me, around 8 weeks it improved and by 10 I wasn't puking anymore, just uncomfortable.

Good luck to you!

Baby Girl
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Boy
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm feeling much better. Still throwing up one or two times a day, but things stay down. The UTI was exacerbating the nausea, so now that that's going away, I'm back to more normal!

Thank you all for advice and well-wishes!

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"