Pregnant after IF

**3rd Tri Check In** [3.27.14]

Welcome to the 3rd Tri new ladies, and congrats to those who've graduated!!!
Please answer:
1. How many weeks? Any appointments? Updates? 
2. How are you feeling? 
QOTW: What spring/summer activities are you planning to do with your newborn(s) this year?

****March**** 

Balabusta 3/27 Girl

****April**** 

Karabear4409 4/3 Boy 

Olenkapdx 4/6 Girl 

Lisabugg444 4/11 Girl 

Megs3084 4/11 Boy/Girl Twins 

Rachnan 4/11 Boy 

Zazu13 4/11 Twin Girls 

Imoverit 4/18 Team Green 

KRoseToes 4/24 Team Green Twins 

Phillyj33 4/26 Boy 

Tryingyetagain 4/26 Girl 

Jenn06L80 4/28 Twin Girls 

thecuddleeffect 4/30 Boy 

**May** MJC1116 5/1 Team Green 

monimu13 5/9 Boy/Girl Twins 

RosyGlow 5/11 Team Green 

AuntJessy 5/12 Twins - Team Purple 

CMDR513 5/12 Girl 

drjwj 5/15 Girl Mishabelle521 

5/29 Boy 

**June** 

anations 6/5 Twins - Team Purple 

talon1226 6/6 Girl 

whoberry 6/8 Boy 

DagnyDoo 6/14  Boy
m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
"All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16

Re: **3rd Tri Check In** [3.27.14]

• First! :-)

1. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. Had my weekly check-in yesterday and still truckin' along. No signs of labor yet.
    2. I'm feeling craptastic. Utterly exhausted, constant headaches and heartburn, can't get comfortable. I'm ready for her to come OUT!

QOTW: What spring/summer activities are you planning to do with your newborn(s) this year? I have none planned. Take her for walks to the farmer's market, I guess? That's about it. No vacations this year because I lose 3 months of salary while on maternity leave.

TTC #1 since 2011

Me: 36, anovulatory PCOS; DH: 34, fine

Sophia Juliet conceived through IVF and born April 15, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi! I am 35w5d today. My next appt is on Tuesday. A coworker just commented to me that I haven't dropped and normally you don't go into labor until at least a month after the baby drops with your first- anyone know if there is any truth to that??

I am feeling exhausted lately and uncomfortable, especially when trying to sleep.

As far as activities, I plan on spending a lot of time at the park since I can walk there and hopefully the weather will be nice. We don't have any vacations planned but if all goes well, I would like to take a long weekend towards the end of my leave at the beach or mountains. I don't really want to plan it in advance until I see if I can handle it!
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all!
    I am due June 10th, team green. Thought I checked in here last week, but didn't make the list yet ;)

All is ok here, just starting to feel really tired by the end of the day now. The insomnia isn't helping at all, but it's manageable! My appointment yesterday went just fine, baby is apparently head down now and all my numbers look great. Couldn't ask for better news! Now to just finish up our registry and get the nursery decorated.

Not sure what activities we will get to do this year other than sitting outside on our new screened in patio in the shade!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies!

31 weeks and had an appointment and growth scan this morning. He is 3lbs 11oz and is in the 49th percentile so we are happy. He is still head down and I lost 1lb since my last check up lol ugh my nausea is getting worse again.

I feel horrible. My hips feel unattached and hurt so bad and I can't sleep at night. The nausea has also kicked back up so that's not fun.

QOTW: we don't have set plans but our niece has a birthday in August where the family all goes to so that will be his first event at around 2 months old. I'm excited to show him off since last year everyone else had babies while I had a failed ivf cycle.
  • @phillyj33, I've never heard that before. It sounds pretty crazy to me. One of the books I have says that some first time moms drop about 2-3 weeks before, but doesn't always happen. I didn't drop at all with DD. People would ask me if my pelvic floor hurt and I had no idea what they were talking about.  Second time moms don't usually drop until labor begins (says my book). I think you're good :)

1. How many weeks? Any appointments? Updates? 35/35 today!! My next appointment is in a week and then I'll be going weekly.
    2. How are you feeling?  I have good and bad days. On the good days, I feel okay, I'm just slower and get tired easily. On bad days, I'm a raging bitch because I'm so uncomfortable and hurt so badly.
    QOTW: What spring/summer activities are you planning to do with your newborn(s) this year?
    This summer we are taking two trips -- one with DH's family to Palm Desert and one with mine to the beach. LO will be 2 months maybe? I'm a little scared!

DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• @PhillyJ33: no, there's no truth to that. It's called "lightening," and it can occur a few weeks to a few hours from the onset of labor.
    PhillyJ33 said:
    Hi! I am 35w5d today. My next appt is on Tuesday. A coworker just commented to me that I haven't dropped and normally you don't go into labor until at least a month after the baby drops with your first- anyone know if there is any truth to that?? I am feeling exhausted lately and uncomfortable, especially when trying to sleep. As far as activities, I plan on spending a lot of time at the park since I can walk there and hopefully the weather will be nice. We don't have any vacations planned but if all goes well, I would like to take a long weekend towards the end of my leave at the beach or mountains. I don't really want to plan it in advance until I see if I can handle it!

TTC #1 since 2011

Me: 36, anovulatory PCOS; DH: 34, fine

Sophia Juliet conceived through IVF and born April 15, 2014

• @MJC1116‌ and @lisabugg444‌ thanks!! After she left my office, I started googling and couldn't find anything to back it up either. I swear she likes to mess with my mind. This was after I got an in depth narrative if her birthing stories and recovery.
    Thanks again! I am still 4 weeks from my due date but it still freaked me out that I might already be behind in the game!!!
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Congrats @megs3084‌! Can't wait to hear about them!!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • monimu13monimu13 member
    edited March 2014
    Hi everyone! I'm back in the hospital since Monday with contractions and worsening preeclampsia. Induction is tentatively scheduled to start late Sunday and likely have my babies on Monday at 34w3d. I've gained 20 lbs in the last 2+ weeks bc of edema/preeclampsia...its all in my legs and feet, so that's pretty miserable. QOTW: Just to get out of this stupid bed and take them on walks and stuff...I'm excited about all of it!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011

IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

• @PhillyJ33 - that sounds whacko to me, too - never heard it! @twistsandturnsto2‌ - Sorry! Thought I added you - will do when I'm on my PC. iPad screws up formatting. :(@megs3084‌ - huge congrats!!! @monimu13‌ - sorry you're back in the hospital! When I was in there for just 2 days last week, I was wondering how you were staying sane! Can't wait to see pics of your gorgeous babies next week!!!! I'm 33 1/2 weeks right now. Right now they've still got me on full bedrest because my BP shoots up to 169/105 at times, and I have to go to the Drs office about every other day for check ups. I'm just glad I get to stay home. :) The nurse yesterday said they expect me to make it to 35 or 36, that things are getting very crowded. I'd like to say that I want to go to 37, but the truth is - they could schedule a C section for right at 36 and I'd be thrilled. They also said that at this point, babies aren't likely to turn, so C Section is all but a guarantee. Go back in the morning! Ugh. QOTW: I can't wait to get out of bed and get out in the sunshine! I don't have vacations planned, but will visit back home and splash in the pool at my MIL's house, take plenty of walks at the state park across the street, and maybe go out on our boat if we sell it and buy a bigger one. I just HAVE to look forward to the sunshine! :) We also have a gazillion family reunions late this summer, so I look forward to introducing the family to the newest members!
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Congrats @megs3084; can't wait to see your birth story and hopefully a photo!  Sorry you are back in the hospital, @monimu13, but I'm excited for you to see your babies soon. @auntjessy, sorry you are on full bedrest, but hopefully it will enable your LOs to keep brewing for a while.

35 weeks, and only a little over 3 weeks until my induction date.  I have the 36 week appt tomorrow, and will get weekly NSTs from here out.  Feeling okay, mostly just really tired.  I'm with @MishaBelle521... my hips are killing and from about 4am on, I cannot get comfortable and they hurt so badly.

QOTW:  I'm sure we will be going to baseball games (took DS to his first when he was 5 weeks old).  We are members of our zoo and our science/nature museum, so I'm sure we will be going there (more for DS than the baby at this point).  And looking forward to lots of walks!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• @auntjessy‌ sorry about your BPs, hope it stays low enough to keep you at home :)
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011

• 1. How many weeks? Any appointments? Updates? 36w,1d. Had an ultrasound, NST, and doctor appointment on Wednesday. Twins are looking great....and huge. Baby A is measuring 6lbs/3oz and Baby B is measuring 7lbs/4oz. No signs of labor at all. We'll induce sometime during the 38th week, date to be determined. Hope the kids will fit into newborn clothes at least a week or two by the time they're born!
    2. How are you feeling? Doing okay. About how you would expect at 9 months pregnant with giant twins. Sore. Tired. Etc.  
    QOTW: What spring/summer activities are you planning to do with your newborn(s) this year? Mostly just walks. In September I'll take them to visit the extended family in Florida and they'll be big enough to experience the beach and pool for the first time. 

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• HI Ladies!  

@megs3084 -- congratulations!  Hope the healing speeds up so you can start feeling better soon!

@auntjessy -- so sorry about the bed rest.  That stinks! Hope you're able to find some fun television or or great books to make the time pass.

I'm 28w6d and generally feeling pretty good.  Big and achy, but that's to be expected, and I realize it's only going to get worse.  I've been pretty lax about stretching, but I think it's going to need to become a nightly routine.  It makes such a difference in my waddling the next day when I make the effort!  My next OB appt and growth scan are both next week, which I'm thrilled about. 

QOTW: We are moving to a new state a few weeks after LO is due, so I can't wait to explore our new town with our little guy in a stroller or in his carrier.  It's going to be so great to establish a home with the three of us.  The past two houses we've lived in we've designated a nursery and not decorated in hopes of quickly needing to convert it with baby things, and it's finally going to get used this time!

Me: 33, HSG & b/w normal; partial septate uterus   DH: 33, SA good but low morphology (3%)
    Started trying to make a baby Apr'12    Aug'13 DX: Unexplained Infertility
    Sept'13: 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 (13m + 11m post wash) CDs 11&12 + 200mg progesterone 3x daily =
    BFP!     
    Beta 16dpIUI = 391 EDD 6.14.14 Delivered 6.13.14
  • @krosetoes, the next time I want to complain about my discomfort, I'm going to think of you and I'll shut the hell up. I have one in there that's MAYBE the size of one of yours... and you have two decent sized LOs in there....I have no reason to complain. You are awesome!!
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Hello, 
    1. How many weeks? Any appointments? Updates?   I am in my 35th week.  I just found out both girls are IUGR - measuring around the 5th percentile.  MFM says this can happen in mono-di twins at the end.  However my fluid levels, dopplers, and NST were all normal.   I have an appointment today, then Monday, then Wednesday to check fluid/dopplers/NST, and then a C-section on Thursday.  MFM says the girls will need NICU time.  So overall I am just anxious/overwhelmed/nervous.  

2. How are you feeling?  I feel nauseous all the time.  I sleep poorly, and am anxious.  

QOTW: What spring/summer activities are you planning to do with your newborn(s) this year?   Nothing planned.  Just going to try to get used to being a mom of 3 girls, and get outside often.  My DH is a teacher's assistant so he will be home all summer with me!  I return to work then on August 20th.  

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• drjwjdrjwj member
    I am 33 weeks and overall doing pretty well!  Heartburn is nuts.  My baby shower is tomorrow, which I am REALLY excited about.  My in-laws are in town for it, which is nice but a little stressful.  My Air Force husband just found out yesterday we are moving to Florida July 14.  We knew we would be moving, so I am excited to find out, and Florida seems nice so I guess we will be exploring our new town together!  Hoping to use the baby to make some new friends!
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MJC1116 said:
    @krosetoes, the next time I want to complain about my discomfort, I'm going to think of you and I'll shut the hell up. I have one in there that's MAYBE the size of one of yours... and you have two decent sized LOs in there....I have no reason to complain. You are awesome!!
    Aww - thanks! I am feeling like a bit of a rock star these days. :) But I know everyone's pregnancies are different and these forums are a safe place to complain. So make sure you keep venting here!

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• 33 weeks today. Worst symptom is my coughing (lungs feel like they are collapsing). My next appt is Wed. MIL is throwing me a Sprinkle tomorrow. My sister and her family are visiting in June (coming in for a wedding), we may head to the beach. BIL is getting married at the end of July. We are heading to MD for a mini week vacation.

• ***Need a New Check-in leader*** Hi Ladies! Long story for this post, but I've been in the hospital since I delivered my GORGEOUS Liam and Lillian at 34 weeks, 1 day via emergency c-section on Tuesday. Longer birth story later, but everyone's doing remarkably well. Lilli might be able to come home with me today, or be released tomorrow. Liam has to start eating more but will be soon. Love you ALL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"