November 2012 Moms
Options

Swimming Class

I signed up for a "mommy and me" swim class with DD. It's twice a week for 6 weeks.
We had our first class this morning and it was SOOOO much fun!!
It's for ages 6months-3years. I was a little nervous about how it would go, but she had a blast :)

Has anyone else done a swim class like this before?

Re: Swimming Class

• Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    You should check out your city's parks & recreation website, that's where I stumbled across the class. :)  I didn't even know we had an indoor city pool!
  • Options
    We signed up to take a class starting in May at our local YMCA.  Its 4 weeks, twice a week.  I'm really excited too. 

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No but how fun! My parents are putting in a pool so we will be doing lessons there this summer. I cannot wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I did 2 sessions of mommy and me swim with V last summer---one basic and one "Down under" where they work on submersions. Loved both of them! V loves the water so much that we have him in weekly 1-1classes now with an instructor. They work in swim skills--but its mainly survival swim at this point. He's doing great and can now turn himself to find the wall and starts to lift himself out.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    jg1011 said:
    I did 2 sessions of mommy and me swim with V last summer---one basic and one "Down under" where they work on submersions. Loved both of them! V loves the water so much that we have him in weekly 1-1classes now with an instructor. They work in swim skills--but its mainly survival swim at this point. He's doing great and can now turn himself to find the wall and starts to lift himself out.
    That is so neat! I've seen videos of babies doing the survival swim techniques. I'm not sure if they teach that in our area but if so I might check it out.
  • Options
    we've done AquaBabies and AquaTots and C loved both of them, the first class she did with DH on Sat mornings & the 2nd class we swtiched taking her...they were both offered at the rec center for cheap.
  • Options
    We have!  LO really didn't like it at all at the beginning, but he's warming up.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"