March 2014 Moms
Options

PP C section question

sebullowssebullows member
edited April 2014 in March 2014 Moms
I had my emergency C section almost 5 weeks ago now. I'm laying here after feeding LO and felt a dull achy feeling at the end of my incision. I went to feel it and have a lump under the skin where my incision is, not on the skin. I googled it and it seems pretty normal, maybe scar tissue? I'm going to call my dr when they open at 8, but until then, looking to see if anyone else experienced this after their c section?

Re: PP C section question

• Options
    I called about that too. Something about how they tie it off before sewing you up. So it'll always feel a little different on that one side.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had 2 abdominal surgeries with long scars, but no c-section.

I'd guess, assuming there's no puss or any fluid oozing, that its just stitches or scar tissue.
    My last surgery was 9 years ago, and I still have a few 'tough' spots. Most of the scar has softened, but there are still a couple lumps.
    I had one stitch below the surface that took nearly a year to finish dissolving. It hurt like a bugger.

Check with your doctor, but it's likely NBD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has a lump under one side. Had the same thing with the first. It's where everything ends. My stomach is getting more crooked with each csection bc it gets stretched and then kind of gathered on that side.
  • Options
    I will add, I had staples not stitches and I just stood up to feel (was laying down before) and it's a lot deeper than where I was stapled and further into the center area of my incision rather than the end.. Almost like a cyst. But it could be scar tissue inside too I guess?
  • Options
    Not only am I still periodically spotting, I've already gotten my first period. At 5 weeks. Talk about sucking.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! After being more awake and having a good feel around the entire incision, I have concluded it's normal ;) there are all kinds of lumps around there. If it appears to be infected or doesn't get better, I'll call.

I am still bleeding a little at 4.5 weeks. Just spotting. I feel like I may be about to start my period tho too. Cramping, achy legs, super irritable. Blah. I miss the no period thing.
  • Options
    sebullows said:

I will add, I had staples not stitches and I just stood up to feel (was laying down before) and it's a lot deeper than where I was stapled and further into the center area of my incision rather than the end.. Almost like a cyst. But it could be scar tissue inside too I guess?

With my second surgery, I had stitches on the outside, but there are lots of layers to close up, so I had stitches and glue on the inside layers of tissue/muscle, etc.

My scar is 13" long, and it's all soft now, but it had hard spots about 2-3 inches from the end before the internal stitches dissolved.

GL.
  • Options
    My second twin was an emergency c, and I have a lump on the end too, but I'm not worried. I actually stopped bleeding at 3 weeks pp, and was sooooo glad to get rid of the pads.
  • Options
    MA&CBMA&CB member
    I have a lump under the skin on one side too.  I went in a couple weeks ago to get it checked out because it was really sore and nothing else was, and they said it could be a couple things but as long as the incision is looking good, not draining, or red, that it was normal.  It's gone down and doesn't hurt anymore.

And yes, still bleeding!  I feel like the OB's at my practice expect that it would have stopped or almost stopped by now - the on-call OB when I was discharged from the hospital seemed surprised that I was still bleeding red blood at 3 days pp.  It's slowing down though, but definitely if I overdo it one day, it's heavier the next.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Y'all have made me feel so much better. I didn't think about all the layers they'd have to stitch up under the actual incision. Im afraid to look directly at mine (squeamish haha) but DH said it looks really good.

@MA&CB‌ I'm surprised they were surprised by that. I only stopped bleeding heavy red blood a week or two ago! TMI about to happen be warned: I got out the shower a week and a half ago and thought I'd slowed way down. I went to the laundry room in my robe to get clean undies and it ran down my leg.. A lot. DH did not enjoy witnessing that.
  • Options
    babylimas said:

Not only am I still periodically spotting, I've already gotten my first period. At 5 weeks. Talk about sucking.

I am at 4 week s and I think my bleeding has finally almost stopped! Stupid question- how do you know it was your period? And if I AM done bleeding and I get my period before 6 weeks, can I use a tampon? I HATE pads. Like I haven't used one since junior high and these past weeks of using them make me so cranky.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a bump too.  I just noticed it the other day, and called.  My OB also said it was probably scar tissue and was normal.  It did freak me out a little at first though!

• Options
    I was done bleeding BEFORE I left the hospital... And since then- I've had 2 days with bleeding. It's been awful I sure do miss tampons!
  • Options
    MA&CBMA&CB member
    sebullows said:
    Y'all have made me feel so much better. I didn't think about all the layers they'd have to stitch up under the actual incision. Im afraid to look directly at mine (squeamish haha) but DH said it looks really good. @MA&CB‌ I'm surprised they were surprised by that. I only stopped bleeding heavy red blood a week or two ago! TMI about to happen be warned: I got out the shower a week and a half ago and thought I'd slowed way down. I went to the laundry room in my robe to get clean undies and it ran down my leg.. A lot. DH did not enjoy witnessing that.
    I thought it was weird too because I remember bleeding for weeks with my first.  When I went in for my 2 week check-up the nurse seemed weird about it too.  I don't know!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I too had an emergency section three weeks ago. My incison got infected :( and is stil healing. I also have a good sized lump in the center of my incison line. I went to my ob today for an incison check and I was told lump is just scar tissue from internal incisions.
  • Options
    Had my emergency c-section one month ago today (how is my baby one month already?!?!) and I also have the 'lumpy incision' and was told that it was bc of all the layers they had to cut through and stitch up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"