July 2014 Moms
Options

PSA: Off Brand Colace

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: PSA: Off Brand Colace

• Options
  • Options
    I'm taking the Walmart brand Colace and seem to have no issues. I take 2 every night to help combat the iron pills they have me on.

Maybe look at another "off brand" and see if they have the same inactive ingredients to see if it one of them that is the problem? 

@shanicenicolle have you tried the brand name? Does it cause you problems?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been using the up&up brand for a month now with no issues at all. Well, except for the benefit of actually pooping on a regular basis!

Maybe your body is reacting to the med itself? Can you try added fiber instead of Colace? My ob suggested either Colace or a fiber supplement. The fiber supplement, taken at night messed with my fasting glucose numbers, so I switched.
  • Options
  • Options
    I took the Up&Up Colace last pregnancy and was fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image
  • Options
    helloblueeyeshelloblueeyes member
    edited April 2014
    @shanicenicolle Do you have a Costco near you? My doc said they have a fiber supplement in pill form that can be a lot easier then the mix-in drink stuff. Also my DH takes a fiber gummy that we get at Walmart and it seems to help him. 

I haven't tried the fiber gummy but i have been thinking about starting them, anything to help. 

• Options
  • Options
    @shanicenicolle Do you have a Costco near you? My doc said they have a fiber supplement in pill form that can be a lot easier then the mix-in drink stuff. Also my DH takes a fiber gummy that we get at Walmart and it seems to help him. 

I haven't tried the fiber gummy but i have been thinking about starting them, anything to help. 
    We do! Do you know the name of it by chance? The fiber gummies sound really appetizing though lol. Thanks for the suggestions :)
    I don't, sorry! I haven't looked into them yet, i've been trying to get by with lots of water and colace. 

• Options
    I'm taking the Walmart brand Colace and seem to have no issues. I take 2 every night to help combat the iron pills they have me on.

Maybe look at another "off brand" and see if they have the same inactive ingredients to see if it one of them that is the problem? 

@shanicenicolle have you tried the brand name? Does it cause you problems?
    They are identical. DH went on a run after I had DS because I didn't know I would need it and he compared the Equate (walmart brand) with the name brand and they are identical. I'm allergic to a ton of different meds and a few other things so he wanted to make sure I wouldn't have an allergic reaction.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"