April 2014 Moms
Options

@natpirt birth story PIP

Tuesday started off with a prenatal check up (38 wks +4) to find out I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Day before I slowly began losing my mucus plug. Decided to do some walking tuesday by shopping with my aunt. Took her home around 8 pm came home and laid down, about 10 pm I started to feel some slight leaking but wasn't sure if water broke. Started having contractions between 15-20 minutes apart (these were manageable). About 2 am Wednesday contractions got to be about 5 minutes apart, decided to head to the hospital. This was a 20-30 minute drive (my aunt drove me) got to the hospital around 3 am with contractions 2 minutes apart and was 4 cm dilated. By now I decided to go with the epidural  (last minute decision and I do not regret it) At 4 am doctor was ready to pin cushion me but contractions were literally less than a minute apart and baby girl was still kicking me like crazy. 4:30 doctor managed to complete the spinal epidural and less than 5 minutes all I felt was the need to poop on the table....lol. Zaniyah was ready to make here appearance, I was 8 cm by 4:45 and she had crowned. Another of my Aunts made it just in time to help hold a leg, doctor said I didn't even have to push. Once h my legs got pushed up and open she began to slide right out. One shoulder got a little stuck because I was only 8 cm dilated and ended up with about 3 stitches because of a mall tear. 

Zaniyah made her appearance with a very loud cry at 4:47 am weighing 6 lbs 11oz and with a length of 19.25 inches. Auntie cut the cord and we did skin to skin during the placenta removal and stitching. She did not try to feed until sometime after 6 am. We did well the first couple of latches ut she eventually became highly agitated later in the day and both doctor and I felt she wasn't getting enough to feel full. So I am now pumping and supplementing with formula. I try to latch her when I know she is on the verge of hungry but she shows little interests. I will continue to try but will pump as long as I need to to insure at least gets the breastfeed positives. Right now my only fear is my milk will not come in like my last pregnancy. I am pumping every 2 hours for 20 minutes each to let my body know hey we have a little lady to feed. 

It is now Thursday night and we are home and settled in. Here are a few pics of 1 day old Zaniyah..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

CafeMom Tickers

Re: @natpirt birth story PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"