I know this is EXTREMELY premature, but DH asked the question and I didn't know the answer.
DS1 was an emergency c-section born after a hospital transfer from a freestanding birth center. Seven weeks ago, DS2 was born via hospital VBAC in a totally different labor experience. I'm so grateful that everything worked out and I got the birth experience I wanted.
Moving forward, if we decide to try for a third baby, will I have to fight as hard for a vaginal delivery? What's the standard practice on this? Clearly, my body has "proven" itself capable of a successful VBAC, but I'm assuming because I still have a scar, I will still be considered a VBAC and thus some hospitals/practices won't let me labor?
DH is military, so we don't know where we'll be living if/when the time comes, but we do know for sure that we won't be near my current, extremely VBAC-friendly practice.
Sorry if this makes no sense, I do have a 7 week old baby.
tl;dr: What's the medical standard in treating or dealing with a second VBAC attempt?
~ Married 10.30.04 ~ DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14