December 2014 Moms
Options

Book club

Hey ladies, so I know it's early and people are flooding into the board at this time, but how does everyone feel about a book club? If quite a few people are interested, I wouldn't mind running it. I loved being a part of the book club on My old board (TTCAL) and I would love to see it continue over here. It was a lot of fun and a great way to always have new book suggestions.

Since it's almost a new month, I figured now is a good time. But, they are a lot of work to run, so I will only do it if we have a good amount of people who are interested. So just respond in this thread if you would be interested and if there is a decent response, I will post a thread tomorrow where we can nominate books.

Re: Book club

• Options
    What types of books are you thinking?

image      BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I was thinking of taking nominations from people and then voting. I hadn't planned on limiting it to one particular genre, just let people make suggestions and then vote. I think it might be good to keep it books that are somewhat new. We may not have enough readers on here to do it though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i might be interested if you're not reading a lot of nonfiction.  i've been trying to get through a book on SPD for four months now.  lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    Hah, I feel ya on that. I'm thinking this would be mostly fiction.
  • Options
    I'll do it! I love books! :x

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I am game! I read waaay too much for work and rarely give myself time to read for pleasure. This will make me!
    BFP#1- 2/27/12   EDD-11/3/12  He joined us 11/9/12!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 (Oops!)   3/24/14  EDD 11/30/14
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I would love to but I'm currently in school and have my plate full as is. However, I will probably stalk the threads and enjoy what little I can soak up haha
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely count me in!
  • Options
    2JEL2JEL member
    I'm interested in joining a book club so long as they are not incredibly depressing or violent-- big fan of Happily Ever After.

I'd also be interested in a book club that covers books like Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy or Happiest Baby on the Block or even one of the partner ones, like Be Prepared.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• Options
    I'd definitely be interested! Good idea!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Count me in!!! I love reading :) 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    Count me in after I graduate grad school (mid-May) :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     image   image 
  • Options
    MC522MC522 member
    Interested!!

Baby #4 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely interested. I'm an author, lol, so I LOVE to read. It would be cool to have people to read with and talk with. I'd read nonfiction stuff too, if we all wanted to read baby/pregnancy books.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Count me in. I'm a tech writer and editor, so reading something for pleasure would be a welcome change. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    You can count me in after May when classes are over for me!
    RPL Panel, CD 3 BW, Karyotype, SIS all normal, We have a PLAN!
    Romans 8:18-For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

• Options
    I'm not part of this group yet. Well, I hope to be, but I'm so in! I am an avid reader. Just tell me the book I have to read.
  • Options
    I don't think we have quite enough people interested to get this thing going at the moment, but maybe for next month. I will post another thread about it once we have more ladies on the board. Thanks to everyone who's interested!
  • Options
    Definitely I love to read!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm in! I have been a slacker reading lately and would like to get back in the habit.
  • Options
    I'm in.  I write an exam at the beginning of May and then can't wait to read FUN books again!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Count me in!!! Sounds great.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds great to me!!!
  • Options
    megthmegth member
    I'm in :)
    Baby#3!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm game. Though the last book club I did I rarely read the book and only went for the wine and gossip. Now that wine is off the list guess l may be motivated to actually read. Maybe. ;)
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Options
    I'm maybe in. It really depends on how insane my schedule is from week to week
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"